Page 125 of 214 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 5338

Thread: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Banned

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just saw Nene has will missed 11 games already and David West has missed none..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Reach much!
    Aren't you the same person that keeps complaining that I only post one liners to "bait" people?
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-22-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Default Re: 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Get a damn job Gamble1! ... j/k

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Pop could care less about regular season wins. Last season he benched his vets in the last week of the season when if they had started they could of won the best record of the NBA from the Bulls.

Pop is my favorite coach for that very reason unlike many great coaches he sees the big picture. He understands you have to develop young talent and at times that should trump playing for wins in the regular season. While other great coaches like Thibs in Chicago plays every game like it's game 7 of the NBA finals and IMO that isnt the way to coach in the regular season. Without pops coaching style the Spurs IMO would have no shot to win a ring with the core in SA but with how he has developed his young guys and rested his vets I think they have a legit shot IF Manu is healthy. But with that said Manu hasn't been healthy in the last 5 playoffs I believe so that is a huge if.
    To be clear, I am not questioning Pop. I agree he is the nBA's best coach. What I question is the logic that we shouldn't question a move because he made it. If he makes a mistake, it isn't valid juat because he decided to make it. I understand benching Duncan but Parker as well? I don't know. They have a very light load and the all-star break ahead. Odd time to take on an intentional loss. The fact that it is the third game in four nights makes it comprehensible but not entirely indefensible. Let's remember this loss come playoff seeding time.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    seems like chad ford is saying the same thing most of us have said. monta is an undersized 2, not a 1.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Judging by the video title, wouldn't this be pro basketball three years before the Pacers existed?
    yeah, I'm an idiot. still, cool video! Bob Pettit had some game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    seems like chad ford is saying the same thing most of us have said. monta is an undersized 2, not a 1.
    The guy that asked the question suggested to move PG to the 3 to put Monta at the 2, DC+Monta= undersize back court and nobody disagrees with that, where is Chad saying that he is not a one?

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Yeah... that's not what he saying at all. He's assuming we'd still have Darren so of course Monta would play the sg. Where else would he play in that scenario?

You're grabbing at straws here.

edit: never mind.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 02-22-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The reason Chad Ford assumes Monta would play the 2 is because Monta is a 2. He's not a point guard.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    The reason Chad Ford assumes Monta would play the 2 is because Monta is a 2. He's not a point guard.
    Well Drose, Westbrook and Tyreke are quote on quote 2's but they do a pretty good job at the 1, in fact when Monta has play the one he averages 7apg, way more assists than either on of our PG's and more assists than Westbrook or Tyreke, so yeah he is capable of playing the position.

It's possible... but you're grasping at straws too unless you got another quote or you know Chad personally.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 02-22-2012 at 06:19 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    It's possible... but you're grabbing at straws too unless you got another quote or you know Chad personally.
    How is that grabbing at straws? That is the position that he plays on the court in games. Shooting guard. You guys are just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Well Drose, Westbrook and Tyreke are quote on quote 2's but they do a pretty good job at the 1, in fact when Monta has play the one he averages 7apg, way more assists than either on of our PG's and more assists than Westbrook or Tyreke, so yeah he is capable of playing the position.
    No, Rose and Westbrook are point guards. They play point guard. They guard opposing point guards. That is the position they play on the court. Tyreke is a shooting guard and plays shooting guard. He has played point guard, but has since moved on to more of a ball handling shooting guard.

Assist per game numbers don't mean a guy can play the point. It certainly helps, and I think Monta can play point guard in spells. I just think he is better off playing the lion's share of his minutes at shooting guard.

How is that grabbing at straws? That is the position that he plays on the court in games. Shooting guard. You guys are just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
    If your taking Chad's quote and assuming he thinks Monta can't play point you're grabbing at dem straws.

He might think that, but that's not what he's saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    If your taking Chad's quote and assuming he thinks Monta can't play point you're grabbing at dem straws.

He might think that, but that's not what he's saying here.
    I'm taking Chad's quote and assuming that he considers Monta a shooting guard. I think that's a fairly safe assumption to make based on his comments. I never said that he said (soigasogn twisted) Monta can't play the position.

Just because it needed to be disseminated.

Aren't you the same person that keeps complaining that I only post one liners to "bait" people?
    Meant chad ford is reaching sorry should have specified that and no you don't do one liners very much you do paragraphs...

Edit: Assume that if you don't post anything but a quote that I talking about that quote and not something else.

Also why did you use the quote above that one? I just thought it was interesting that Nene has been hurt a third of the season and David West hasn't which would be the total opposite of what I or probably anybody else would have predicted.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 02-22-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Your right my bad... you guys can assume if you want to.

Banned

No, Rose and Westbrook are point guards. They play point guard. They guard opposing point guards. That is the position they play on the court. Tyreke is a shooting guard and plays shooting guard. He has played point guard, but has since moved on to more of a ball handling shooting guard.

Assist per game numbers don't mean a guy can play the point. It certainly helps, and I think Monta can play point guard in spells. I just think he is better off playing the lion's share of his minutes at shooting guard.
    So when Curry was hurt and Monta was playing the point while averaging 7apg he wasn't playing point guard? He can play the point just the same way Drose and Westbrook can, even the same way Collison or Hill can because neither one of those guys are point guards.

Sports Logo

Here we go again with that argument.

Derrick Rose and Russel Westbrook are Scoring PGs. Yeah, their main ability and job is to score but they are point guards. They do run the offense and they have the ball in their hands most of the time (ok, Westbrook sometimes defers to Harden or Durant but that's not the case). They also played as point guards through the majority of their collegiate careers and international appearances.

Tyreke Evans is a combo guard. The Kings do not consider him a point guard. If they did, they wouldn't trade for Jimmer or they wouldn't draft Isaiah Thomas. The only reason that Tyreke Evans plays the point sometimes for the Kings is because compared to Marcus Thornton he is more of a point. That's not saying a lot.

Monta is similar to Tyreke in that matter. He can play the point but you don't necessarily want him to run the offense. That's not what he does best.

As for the assists argument, I've said it again. There is a distinctive difference between our offense and GSW's offense. GSW is far more shot happy and they tend to pull the trigger once they receive the ball. They don't go for higher percentage shots all the time and they don't dump it in the post as much as we do (which makes sense since we have some amazing post scorers in Hibbert and West whereas they have Lee, who prefers to face up although he has some post moves, and Biedrins).

They're playing tonight vs the Suns, by the way. It's gonna be a nice game and I'm definitely watching it (well, after our game comes to an end).

Sports Logo

So when Curry was hurt and Monta was playing the point while averaging 7apg he wasn't playing point guard? He can play the point just the same way Drose and Westbrook can, even the same way Collison or Hill can because neither one of those guys are point guards.
    When Curry was hurt Monta was not the one starting at the point. It was Ish Thomas and Charles Jenkins. Nate Robinson signed on January 4th in order to come off the bench as a point guard and a scoring threat. Monta played some minutes as a point guard when Curry was injured but even then he was not starting as one nor did he played the lion share of his minutes as one.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Espn just called Lin the NBA's newest superstar.

I really liked him when I watched him get a triple double in a D-league game of his for the Maine red claws or whatever they are called.

ESPN and the Knicks are making it hard not to hate him. How many damn fluff pieces can they possible do about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Bob Pettit had some game.
    He played with Clyde Lovellette and Cliff Hagen. Maybe Lennie Wilkens too. Lovellette was so big he could go bear hunting with a willow switch.

Banned

Yep and another guy who according to some people can't play PG in Crawford started as a point guard and had 20 and 8 with one TO.

Yep and another guy who according to some people can't play PG in Crawford started as a point guard and had 20 and 8 with one TO.
    I really don't think anyone is saying that X or Y guy can't play point guard. I think what people are saying (or at least this is the point that I am trying to convey) is that their optimum position is not point guard. They can play it in spells, but they are better suited at the SG position. Just my opinion.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned

I really don't think anyone is saying that X or Y guy can't play point guard. I think what people are saying (or at least this is the point that I am trying to convey) is that their optimum position is not point guard. They can play it in spells, but they are better suited at the SG position. Just my opinion.
    OK but who is really a point guard between DC,AJ or Hill? they are 2's that can play the point and in DC's and AJ's cases they are playing the point because they are too undersize to play the 2, call me crazy but if I'm going to play a 2 at the 1 I rather him to be a bada$$ that can destroy the other teams point guards.