View Poll Results: Would you do that trade?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 63.91%
  • No

48 36.09%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jermaine O'Neal: Yes or No?

Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal: Yes or No?

Jermaine was not a good presence in the locker room. No thank you.

Also, what Peck said. He and Larry just plain don't like each other.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

I'd really not like to have him at this point. Pacers, now need to keep the cap space for legit trade options that may arise during and up to the trade deadline. If, at the trade deadline Pacers don't have any other options and Boston is willing to give a 1st rounder (which I doubt), then heck yes, but not now.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Jermaine was washed up when he played for us. This is the guy that admitted he quit on us when we were paying him 20 million a year. It was evident the last year he was hear he was the softest "center" we ever had for that one year. We were the most dunked on team in the NBA for a reason.

Oh yea, and let's bring back a key figure in The Brawl.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Midcoasted For This Useful Post:

I can think of 6 million reasons why I wouldn't do this trade. 6 mil will buy you 2 1sts, and not to have to put up with JO. How short and selective memories can be. For years on 3 different forums, posters complained about JO and wanting to trade him. Now, some want a broken down JO back! Shutter at the thought.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

I would take him for the first rounder alone... I think that the Celtics are one injury from being a lotto team, granted late lotto in a strong draft year...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can think of 6 million reasons why I wouldn't do this trade. 6 mil will buy you 2 1sts, and not to have to put up with JO. How short and selective memories can be. For years on 3 different forums, posters complained about JO and wanting to trade him. Now, some want a broken down JO back! Shutter at the thought.
    I believe under the new CBA, you can only spend 3M in cash to purchase draft picks... However, this pick could potentially be well infront of any of those picks that might come up for sale. I do not see the Big, Old 3 being able to last long with this years short, albeit cramed schedule... And if one of their players were to go down for an extended time with an injury....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why all the J.O. hate?

If you'd give me a first round pick to take J.O. for one season.

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Why all the J.O. hate?
    He wasn't crazy like Ron, but wasn't good for the locker room too.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Bleeding Blue and Gold RichardHawes's Avatar
    Illinois but my heart resides in Indiana.

Yes with open arms...He gets alot of crap and it was all unfairly thrown on him...I would welcome him back without a doubt...

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    For all of jermaines faults: like not living up to the contract never being that true superstar..... Never once did he ever milk an injury or fake an injury IMO in fact him being reluctant to ever sit out to properly heal his injuries properly .... Killed his career..
    Just goes to show you how two people can watch the same thing, and walk away with different views.

I feel like he did indeed milk some of his injuries, and exaggerated others. Seems I even remember one of the Pacers announcers alluding to that on radio interviews.

There was also the yelling match with Carlisle when he didn't like how the offense was being run. Translate that as him not getting his touches.

I also never liked his "tough guy, tough posing, stare down" of the fans after scoring. The fans? Are you kidding me? Who was he trying to impress? Himself?

Then there was all his talk about "dominating". When did he actually dominate? He was good for a few years, but dominate? No.
    Last edited by Tom White; 12-16-2011 at 06:02 PM.

i don't have a bunch of hate or anything for him. i think he did try to be the player the franchise wanted him to be. his downfall really seemed to start when he messed up his knee against detroit. from then on it was a never ending string of resting, coming back too soon and getting hurt and repeating the cycle until the damage was permanent and he was no longer the player he once was.
    these days though, he just can't do much at all and you realistically must expect him to miss about half the season or perhaps even more. the only real value in this proposal would be the pick.
    j.o. the player simply isn't useful anymore.

Banned

I'd love to see him pacer again!

I say yes. He is a great guy and always expresses his love for not just only Indianapolis but for the entire state. Also, as we all know, he has said numerous times that he would like to finish his career here. Would be nice to have his veteran leadership in the locker room. I think its time to bring JO home.
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _The_Future_ For This Useful Post:

It doesn't really matter to me whether or not JO comes back here. That said, as to the scenario in the OP, if we were offered a 1st to take his contract on, I'd absolutely do it.

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No thanks.

I think JO is humbled enough to not be an issue anymore.
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

IU > Kentucky

Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

“And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

Sports Logo

I'd only take him if we can't find any other useful use of our Capspace....at ( of course ) the price of getting a 1st round pick for him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

To me it's a no-brainer...I say yes. Love the guy and always will. You can say what you want but he was nothing like the other guys aka tinsley/jackson. He loves indy and if you bring him back yes it will cost us some this year but he only has one year left and then you offer him less and try to convince him. He can contribute better then any other C we have by far and he is a veteran. Only problem I can see is if people get word of it and think "oh no they brought back the jailbird and it causes people not to come to games. Some people just don't know how he really is though and is a genuine good guy. Plus we get a pick lol