Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

  1. #1
    Member esabyrn333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Age
    37
    Posts
    697

    Default Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    My shop decided to start a fantasy basketball league while we spend out time in the middle east.

    I have never played before.

    This is my roster. I know everyone on here know more about basketball then the normal person & I am sure quite a few of you are FBB experts.

    PG Deven Harris
    SG Monta Ellis
    SF Danny Granger
    PF David West
    C DeMarcus Cousins
    G Mike Conely
    F Andre Iguodla
    UT Kyrie Irving
    UT Jamall Crawford
    UT George Hill
    B Chris Kaman
    B DeAndre Jordan
    B Paul George



    So here is my team....A few questions...

    Who do I start and do you see any glaring weakness on the Team?

  2. #2
    Member esabyrn333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Age
    37
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    Question

    Should I keep Chris Kamaan or drop him and pick up Ben Gordon????

  3. #3
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question

    Should I keep Chris Kamaan or drop him and pick up Ben Gordon????
    Who else is available?

  4. #4
    Member esabyrn333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Age
    37
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    Ben Gordon
    J.J. Hickson
    Tyrus Thomas
    Jerryd Bayless
    Tayshaun Prince
    Chase Budinger
    Carl Landry
    Beno Udrih
    Jared Dudley
    Ramon Sessions
    Richard Jefferson
    Ryan Anderson
    Anthony Morrow
    C.J. Miles
    Charlie Villanueva
    J.J. Redick

  5. #5

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    I can't help you because I don't play fantasy basketball but that dog in your avatar is awesome.

  6. #6
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    I would probably go after another PG. Irving is a solid guy but you have no idea what you will get from him. Harris is not a great assists guy, but will definitely help. Conley is your best PG, fantasy wise. I would probably look to upgrade Harris if I could. If Irving is a big assist guy, you may not need the help.

    I would also probably look to trade Granger. With the amount of other talent that we have now, I think Danny's fantasy value will fall by sharing more of the load. I would maybe package Granger and Harris for maybe a Steve Nash, a PG with more assists and can replace some of those threes you will lose.

    I would not drop Kaman. Kaman will start and play a significant amount of minutes on that team. Okafor, Kaman, and Landry will be a good front court, IMO. Kaman gives you double digit scoring with double digit rebounding when he plays consistently. He gives you good averages and will block some shots. Plus, he is one of only three guys on your roster with Center designation. I might look to add another PF/C that is out there. It looks like you might need a few more rebounds and blocked shots too as categories.

    Just my opinion. You do what you need to based on what other teams look like. If there are teams that have strengths that make it difficult to match, look to gain points in other stat categories when looking into moves.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  7. #7
    Member esabyrn333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Age
    37
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by tfarks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't help you because I don't play fantasy basketball but that dog in your avatar is awesome.
    Wife is a dog groomer, someone dropped him off in front of pet smart half dead, almost starved to death.

    Nursed him back to life dude is the smartest dog I have ever seen. Cool as ****

  8. #8
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wife is a dog groomer, someone dropped him off in front of pet smart half dead, almost starved to death.

    Nursed him back to life dude is the smartest dog I have ever seen. Cool as ****
    Does he shed?

    Beautiful dog.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  9. #9
    Member esabyrn333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Age
    37
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would probably go after another PG. Irving is a solid guy but you have no idea what you will get from him. Harris is not a great assists guy, but will definitely help. Conley is your best PG, fantasy wise. I would probably look to upgrade Harris if I could. If Irving is a big assist guy, you may not need the help.

    I would also probably look to trade Granger. With the amount of other talent that we have now, I think Danny's fantasy value will fall by sharing more of the load. I would maybe package Granger and Harris for maybe a Steve Nash, a PG with more assists and can replace some of those threes you will lose.

    I would not drop Kaman. Kaman will start and play a significant amount of minutes on that team. Okafor, Kaman, and Landry will be a good front court, IMO. Kaman gives you double digit scoring with double digit rebounding when he plays consistently. He gives you good averages and will block some shots. Plus, he is one of only three guys on your roster with Center designation. I might look to add another PF/C that is out there. It looks like you might need a few more rebounds and blocked shots too as categories.

    Just my opinion. You do what you need to based on what other teams look like. If there are teams that have strengths that make it difficult to match, look to gain points in other stat categories when looking into moves.
    Sorry I messed up I don't have Devon Harris I have Deron Williams

  10. #10
    Member esabyrn333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Age
    37
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does he shed?

    Beautiful dog.
    Not really

  11. #11
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry I messed up I don't have Devon Harris I have Deron Williams
    Never mind. Your team looks MUCH better then. Yeah, wow.

    I would look to add a big that will give you blocks and rebounds then. Jordan has a horrible free throw percentage, so it may be difficult to play him, but he will give you great FG%, blocks, and rebounds. I like Kaman and Cousins. West's injury concerns me and you could end up playing guys you don't want to for typical front court stats.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,144

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    Where are you at now?

  13. #13
    Member esabyrn333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Age
    37
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry I messed up I don't have Devon Harris I have Deron Williams
    So with that said, having Deron Williams instead of Harris.

    Would you still look to move Danny, and would you say my PG position is set fantasy wise. I got Williams in the second round somehow. I know he is said to be the best PG in the league but I am not to sure how that translates fantasy wise.

  14. #14
    Member esabyrn333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Age
    37
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: Deployed Fantasy Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by cramerica View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where are you at now?
    U.A.E.

    Was headed to Baghdad but got sent here instead 6mth vacation really IMO

Similar Threads

  1. Sundown for the Suns!
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 12:10 AM
  2. Basketball is all about the team.
    By indianapolismarkus in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 11:40 PM
  3. Fantasy NBA Basketball - Sportsline H2H
    By naptownmenace in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 02:19 PM
  4. ESPN Fastbreak Fantasy Basketball Group Standings
    By TheSauceMaster in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 02:30 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 10:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •