Quote Originally Posted by Wilk39 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A la, Josh McRoberts...
    If Josh McRoberts were a center, sure.

Default Re: Crawford turns down Pacers offer

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    http://twitter.com/#!/jwquick/status/146754997529485312

Probably because he's a Seattle guy- hometown (or in this case regional) discount.
    Get on that phone Bird and offer more!
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Why do we need more shooting guards at all? If you can add a valuable piece for cheap then I'm all for it, but there's not a high need there.
    Why?

Ask Bird, he's the one pursuing Mayo and Crawford. I'm thinking that Bird wants a very reliable scorer in the 2nd Unit to pair with GH and PG. Personally, I'm perfectly okay with having with splitting the remaining Guard minutes between Inferno/BRush/Lance in the 2nd unit....but my guess is that Bird is looking at making as deep of a run that he can make in the next 2 years with West still on board.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-13-2011 at 08:45 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

jwquick Jason Quick
    The irony: Crawford, Roy are very close and live within minutes of each other in Seattle. For Crawford to be Blazer, Roy needs to be waived

Don't ease off the gas Bird. You're on a roll.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    Not 10M a season, 10M total, rougly 5M a season.

It was a low "we'll give it a try" offer with no one actually making formal offers.

We need to up the offer if we really do want him.

If it were for 10M a year, he'd more than likely take that, but I wouldn't offer him more than 7-8M a year.
    No wonder....I thought that it was a $10 mil per year offer. No wonder he turned it down. No one else thinks that a $5mil per year / 2 year offer is low-balling him?

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    No wonder....I thought that it was a $10 mil per year offer. No wonder he turned it down. No one else thinks that a $5mil per year / 2 year offer is low-balling him?
    A lot of us do.

If Bird really wants him, he'll offer more. I can't imagine he'll offer more than 7-8M a year, 14-16M over 2 years.

I really hope he makes a second offer. We lost out on Mayo and Crawford is right there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    still better than the knicks offer.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I do think that we could have used Crawford (people seem to forget how inconsistent Stephenson and Rush are and how unrefined George's offensive game is). However, I think there will be other opportunities, now and during the season, to get the off-the-bench gunner help we need. Who knows, maybe one of our players even grows into it.
    Exactly. We definitely could have used him, but I didn't want us breaking the bank for him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

A lot of us do.

If Bird really wants him, he'll offer more. I can't imagine he'll offer more than 7-8M a year, 14-16M over 2 years.

I really hope he makes a second offer. We lost out on Mayo and Crawford is right there.
    I totally agree.....I'm perfectly fine with even going up to $8 mil per year if its a 2 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    He really can't for the most part. He has to rely on getting to the rim in 1 on 1 situations. His jump shot is so slow and methodical that he can't just shoot over people like that effectively.

I think that job will fall to Paul George if he worked on his handles. He can create space anytime he wants and doesn't have a painfully slow release. I'd say if normal, it'll really be West's job however.
    I wanted to add this as well.

One thing about Collsion is that he hits tough shots and even though his shot is slow he can still shot over people and make difficult shots.

The Bulls series sort of exposed Collsions weaknesses but it also showed his strengths. Look at the 23 second mark as well as the 2:05 and the 4:24. The 23 mark is shooting a fade away over a 7 footer. The 2:05 shows him going one on one with Rose. The 4:24 shows his ability to work of a pick. All of them are when the shot clock is winding down and clearly if he can be consistent then I like our chances of hitting a game winner with the ball in his hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5UJY...endscreen&NR=1

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Didn't mean to target you specifically, sorry if it came off that way. Just meant I keep seeing Lance this, Lance that, lineups factoring Lance into major minutes, assertions that the Pacers don't need other players at guard because they have Lance, assertions that Lance is great depth, etc. Just in generally browsing this board.

And every time, I'm asking myself just what in the heck Lance has done to inspire any confidence yet. Other than behave for an offseason.
    Anyone want to take a crack at why I should be higher on Lance than I am? Not being sarcastic or baiting, I'm entirely interested and maybe just a bit uninformed on the kid.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Anyone want to take a crack at why I should be higher on Lance than I am? Not being sarcastic or baiting, I'm entirely interested and maybe just a bit uninformed on the kid.
    Any man who can quote himself in his own post deserves a reply.

I think if Larry Bird is high on him then maybe you should be. He is the guy who drafted him and the guy with probably has the most knowledge of the kids talents.

I see no reason why Bird should prop this kid up if it isn't for his basketball skills..... I mean it can't be because he's a milk drinker or anything right? Good locker room guy? NOPE.

So from the very little we have seen of him I think I would trust Bird who has seen him in practice and against good defensive players like Djones Brush and PG.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

stevekylerNBA Steve Kyler
    RT @JerryZgoda: Jamal Crawford's agent Andy Miller just said by text that Wolves are no longer in the running for his client

Why did Andy not text this about Pacers?

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Any man who can quote himself in his own post deserves a reply.

I think if Larry Bird is high on him then maybe you should be. He is the guy who drafted him and the guy with probably has the most knowledge of the kids talents.

I see no reason why Bird should prop this kid up if it isn't for his basketball skills..... I mean it can't be because he's a milk drinker or anything right? Good locker room guy? NOPE.

So from the very little we have seen of him I think I would trust Bird who has seen him in practice and against good defensive players like Djones Brush and PG.
    Had to quote myself, got bottom-paged into irrelevance!

I've heard coaches talk up players before. Or players talk up players (one Jamison Brewer). Guess I'm just more of an on-court guy. Show me on court, I'll buy in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    RT @JerryZgoda: Jamal Crawford's agent Andy Miller just said by text that Wolves are no longer in the running for his client

I told myself not to get worked up over these rumors....

If Crawford signs here, the Pacers should give him his own section and call it Crawfordsville.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

I told myself not to get worked up over these rumors....
    Maybe we never were in the running?

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    Maybe we never were in the running?
    I'm not sure about that.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

No thanks on a 41%, 32yo "shooter" who can't play a lick of d and has a knack for also being a bit of a black hole offensively. And one good playoff series doesn't make up for a career 38% playoff field goal % imo. No idea what the fascination is with this guy. Because he's older makes him a good leader?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

I figured he was going to turn down that offer. He probably wants to go play somewhere else for more $$$ which I can't blame him. I've never been that big of a Crawford anyways. I personally really wanted the Mayo trade to come through but it looks like that's not happening.
    What Lebron James should've said after the loss to the Mavs!
    What should I do? Should I admit Id made mistakes? Should I remind you Ive done this before? What should I do? Should I just sell shoes?

Go in with what we have right now. Would have liked to add Crawford or Mayo, but didn't think it was necessary. Taking minutes away from PG and Hill didn't seem to make much sense. Plus I would like to see what Lance could do given a little bit more playing time. Adding another quality guard would basically eliminate Lance seeing the floor for the most part.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to peasouptexan7 For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    If Crawford signs here, the Pacers should give him his own section and call it Crawfordsville.
    I would have filed a protest.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    No thanks on a 41%, 32yo "shooter" who can't play a lick of d and has a knack for also being a bit of a black hole offensively. And one good playoff series doesn't make up for a career 38% playoff field goal % imo. No idea what the fascination is with this guy. Because he's older makes him a good leader?
    Hummm, Because he's still better then Hill, Rush, Jones, Lance, Price and he can create his own shot and actually make one unlike the names mentioned.
    I don't want to marry the guy, just rent him for the year!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post

We don't know that he didn't. Zgoda is the Wolves beat writer for the Star Tribune. He probably only has Wolves FO sources.