Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crawford turns down Pacers offer

Sports Logo

Default Re: Crawford turns down Pacers offer

It would have been nice if he came to Indy, but if he doesn't want to come to the Pacers while turning down $10 mil a year for 2 years....well, putting it delicately....EFF him.

Is Mayo available for a 2nd round pick? If not, lets go after Afflalo, then Reggie Williams.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Did everyone forget Rush? Personally, I ONLY wanted to get rid of him, because I felt that he was a PR nightmare waiting to happening. However, his 3PT shooting, rebounds, blocking, and defense is still useful for the second unit.

Collison/Hill
    George/Rush
    Granger/George/Jones
    West/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Foster

I can live with it. On NBA 2K12, that is one hell of a team .

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we would have got Crawford for 5 mill then that would have been a steal, I doubt he signs in NY, someone will probably offer about 7 or 8 and he will take it.

Just a chance to sign one of the guys invited to camp if we would like.

Hopefully, Hill, and George step up and turn into that scorer type player that we will need in the Playoffs, I think Hill has it in him for sure.

I say if we want another guy we can go after Reggie Williams, if not then we should just stay as we are.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

*sigh* ...

This McRoberts obsession is never going to end. I swear.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Mayo available for a 2nd round pick? If not, lets go after Afflalo, then Reggie Williams.
    Why do we need more shooting guards at all? If you can add a valuable piece for cheap then I'm all for it, but there's not a high need there.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Well lets see how this plays out. I bet he comes back to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    It would have been nice if he came to Indy, but if he doesn't want to come to the Pacers while turning down $10 mil a year for 2 years....well, putting it delicately....EFF him.

Not 10M a season, 10M total, rougly 5M a season.

It was a low "we'll give it a try" offer with no one actually making formal offers.

We need to up the offer if we really do want him.

If it were for 10M a year, he'd more than likely take that, but I wouldn't offer him more than 7-8M a year.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Winner View Post
    We don't need him anyway. Let's get Afflalo
    Afflalo is an RFA, it might be a little pricey to pull him from the Nuggets, however, they did just acquire Rudy Fernandez..

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    Not 10M a season, 10M total, rougly 5M a season.

It was a low "we'll give it a try" offer with no one actually making formal offers.

We need to up the offer if we really do want him.

If it were for 10M a year, he'd more than likely take that, but I wouldn't offer him more than 7-8M a year.
    In that case, pass...

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    If we would have got Crawford for 5 mill then that would have been a steal, I doubt he signs in NY, someone will probably offer about 7 or 8 and he will take it.

Just a chance to sign one of the guys invited to camp if we would like.

Hopefully, Hill, and George step up and turn into that scorer type player that we will need in the Playoffs, I think Hill has it in him for sure.

I say if we want another guy we can go after Reggie Williams, if not then we should just stay as we are.
    There is some competition to sign williams as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pezasied182 View Post
    Afflalo is an RFA, it might be a little pricey to pull him from the Nuggets, however, they did just acquire Rudy Fernandez..
    Probably more to do with lessening the blow of losing Wilson Chandler until March. I wouldn't mind looking at him when he comes back overseas.

This could be a really big chance for Lance, imo. I hope so.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'm happy with the amount we offered, and not overly concerned that he didn't sign. We're stacked in the backcourt. Use that money on a big man.
    I do think that we could have used Crawford (people seem to forget how inconsistent Stephenson and Rush are and how unrefined George's offensive game is). However, I think there will be other opportunities, now and during the season, to get the off-the-bench gunner help we need. Who knows, maybe one of our players even grows into it.

At least now we can make a run at Earl Boykins.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I do think that we could have used Crawford (people seem to forget how inconsistent Stephenson and Rush are and how unrefined George's offensive game is). However, I think there will be other opportunities, now and during the season, to get the off-the-bench gunner help we need. Who knows, maybe one of our players even grows into it.
    I think the West signing really helps the team be more balanced overall and opposing defenses won't be able to key on just Danny and Roy.

Collison will probably morph into the go to scorer this year if we don't get a FA to take that role.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I would of loved either mayo or crawford, but I do not think its fair to say stephenson is inconsistant he hasn't had enough time to prove himself

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHale For This Useful Post:

Just to drive home that last point when there is 4 seconds left on the shot clock here is who takes the last shot percentage wise..

Danny at 8%
    Collison at 12%
    David West at 20%
    Jamal Crawford at 20%

This team really needs Collison to play well and here is why. Danny has the highest efg% with 4 seconds left on the shot clock. West and Crawford are about the same but the difference is that West gets his off an assist. OF course we don't have Chris Paul but if Collison can come through in the clutch and make the right play then we got ourselves a team able to score a last second shot.

If Collsion can't then I think Hill can provide what we need.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Collison will probably morph into the go to scorer this year if we don't get a FA to take that role.
    He really can't for the most part. He has to rely on getting to the rim in 1 on 1 situations. His jump shot is so slow and methodical that he can't just shoot over people like that effectively.

I think that job will fall to Paul George if he worked on his handles. He can create space anytime he wants and doesn't have a painfully slow release. I'd say if normal, it'll really be West's job however.

@jwquick
    Agent Andy Miller confirms Portland's interest in guard Jamal Crawford. They have offered 2 years, $10 million. Crawford considering
    http://twitter.com/#!/jwquick/status/146754997529485312

Probably because he's a Seattle guy- hometown (or in this case regional) discount.

Mood

Ok, no Mayo or Crawford. Who is the next guy we could look at through FA or trade?

Mood

Has he made a decision yet? Maybe if we could come back and say up the offer to 2 years at 12 million, just a thought.

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

We just have to put ourselves in a position where we dont need a clutch offensive player. Always win by 10.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    He really can't for the most part. He has to rely on getting to the rim in 1 on 1 situations. His jump shot is so slow and methodical that he can't just shoot over people like that effectively.

I think that job will fall to Paul George if he worked on his handles. He can create space anytime he wants and doesn't have a painfully slow release. I'd say if normal, it'll really be West's job however.
    His jump shot is slow but most times he can get to the rim and create separation. I think Collison is going to be much better this year without JOB. Adding David West will only help his game and his decision making when the clock is counting down.

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

I think our clutch move could be D. West pick and pop for Collison, with G. Hill and Granger at the corner threes.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    I am making no leaps at all with Lance. I am just stating that we did not upgrade our SG position and this opens up some playing time. It is his to take it if he can.
    Didn't mean to target you specifically, sorry if it came off that way. Just meant I keep seeing Lance this, Lance that, lineups factoring Lance into major minutes, assertions that the Pacers don't need other players at guard because they have Lance, assertions that Lance is great depth, etc. Just in generally browsing this board.

And every time, I'm asking myself just what in the heck Lance has done to inspire any confidence yet. Other than behave for an offseason.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post: