Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McBob to sign 2 year deal with LA for mini-mid level exception

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: McBob to sign 2 year deal with LA for mini-mid level exception

Although I was a fan of Josh, and will always support the local guys, I can see why it is for the best that he is gone. We simply don't have enough resources to develop yet another young player. DC, Hill, George, Tyler, Lance, and Roy are the core guys that management has decided to go forward with in their development process. Josh would be the seventh prospect to develop. Eventually you need to cut bait with some of your prospects and give more attention/minutes to players that you see being a better long-term fit. I wouldn't have had a problem with re-signing Josh, but if the Pacers want to move forward and become a contender, you need to put already established veterans in place like David West. The whole Pendergraph signing has gotten way too much attention on PD. He will be our 15th man, and is the new Solomon Jones on our roster.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

And the Lakers have interest in Josh and are contenders and have been in title hunts or won titles the last 30 years.

So either they turned stupid or Josh actually has some NBA value.

JOB calls Josh's first half vs LA irrelevant.
    Now JOB is out of the NBA and Josh is being asked to play for those same Lakers.
    JOB FAIL.

I'm not ashamed to say I take some joy from that aspect.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The whole Pendergraph signing has gotten way too much attention on PD. He will be our 15th man, and is the new Solomon Jones on our roster.
    Unless there is another bigman coming to play with the Pacers I think you will see a lot more of Pendergraph than you think. He may become very important if Foster is limited.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Although we appreciate McBob, I can't wait to see how Laker fans respond.

I'm in LA and have to listen to these people whine on sports radio all the time. I can only imagine what losing Lamar for a trade exception (which is going over horribly out here) and picking up McBob, who probably no one has heard of, is going to do to the radio dialogue. Should be a fun week.

I'm surprised that no one stated the obvious. Josh McRoberts was signed to replace Lamar Odom. I always thought that McRoberts was a poor man's version of Odom. As a career decision, it was a good move for him.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

McBob would have gotten plenty of backup center minutes, I think, even with Foster there.

And next year the cupboard gets really bare.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    McBob would have gotten plenty of backup center minutes, I think, even with Foster there.

And next year the cupboard gets really bare.

If you were Josh McRoberts, would you take less than market value to be the 5th big man on the depth chart... just because Foster "probably" won't play every game?

Or would you go to LA and step into Lamar Odom's former role on a title contender?

Doesn't make any sense for the Pacers to pay Josh to sit on the bench. Doesn't make any sense for Josh to sign with the Pacers to sit on the bench. For what? To play on Foster's off nights? Not a good career move.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 12-13-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    And the Lakers have interest in Josh and are contenders and have been in title hunts or won titles the last 30 years.

Now JOB is out of the NBA and Josh is being asked to play for those same Lakers.
    JOB FAIL.

Lakers don't need him to play the 5, we needed someone who could. La is a good fit for him.

Happy for McRoberts. It's a shame he couldn't stay here as he was one of my favorite Pacers. It's a consolation though that he's going to my 2nd favorite team in the league! I will ALWAYS be #1 pacers fan, with the lakers a close 2nd. He moved on from my favorite team to second. not too shabby, although i still wish he was a pacer!! good luck in LA Josh, i'm sure you'll shine bright there!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brent Barry was talking on the local radio station today about Dujan Blair and how people see him produce 16 and 8 in 22 minutes and think he should get more time based on that, when in reality players like that have their production decrease with extended minutes. Maybe Josh fits in that category. I'm sure we will see if he gets extended minutes with the Lakers.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    JT

I am with you on all that but still dont understand why let McBob go but give a 2 year GURANTEED contract to someone who was a 2nd round pick last year comming off major knee surgery

I understand what you are saying. Wish I had and answer for you. Maybe Bird felt McBob was not worth the money McBob would want and decided to go another cheaper direction. OR maybe he was tired of all the McBob vs Hans controversy he reads on PD, and he felt it was counter productive for Hans. IOW, I have no clue.

I was going to post something nice about Josh in this thread, but the zealots made me cringe at the thought.

Either way, LA is a great situation for Josh. With Odom now gone, he can fill that versatile forward role (although much, much less effectively) on the Lakers squad. Happy for him, hope he finds success.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I was going to post something nice about Josh in this thread, but the zealots made me cringe at the thought.

Either way, LA is a great situation for Josh. With Odom now gone, he can fill that versatile forward role (although much, much less effectively) on the Lakers squad. Happy for him, hope he finds success.

Couldn't resist taking a parting shot in parenthesis

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    If you were Josh McRoberts, would you take less than market value to be the 5th big man on the depth chart... just because Foster "probably" won't play every game?
    You put a 12mil/3year offer on his door the moment free agency opens, and the Lakers never get a chance to bid.

If you don't need him, he's a capable big man on a good contract. Not hard to move.

I just hate losing something for nothing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

I know all of PD can see this coming from a mile away. I'm sorry, but I'm compelled in a Peck/Dale way...

I can see that to you a PF that can hit for 38% from THREE is a "McBrick".

FG% - 55, Adjusted FG% - 57.6

And he led the F-bomb team last year in Adjusted btw. From your expert analysis that to you looked like a guy hitting iron all the time. You do not know what you are talking about, period.

"can only dunk" - except the 2.1 apg

The team had 8 guys play at least 1000 minutes (ie, not TJ, AJ or Lance), and among those players Josh was SECOND on the team in Assists per minute with a P36 of 3.4, 2nd to Collison's 6.1 and higher than Roy's 2.7, Danny's 2.6 or Mike "Mr. Offensive Awareness" Dun's 2.2.

His 1.3 blocks P36 was 2nd to Roy's 2.3 (discounting Solo's low playing time) and TRIPLE the rate of blocks for Tyler.

His rebounding per minute was identical to Tyler 8.6 to 8.6 P36.

His fouls per minute was lower than Roy and Tyler slightly despite being the youngest of the 3.

His steals per minute, also higher than Tyler. 1.1 to 0.9, and just below Danny's 1.2.

So his shot selection was good, but rather than just dunk he also showed (per JOB's request) that he could stretch to the 3 if needed and did so at a virtually identical rate to Danny. He rebounded as well as the big star hustler Tyler. He defended at a better level than just about anyone other than George yet did so without going foul crazy.

I just lose it when I see totally uninformed posts like this and I have to think that this is where opinions come from? You just make up whatever without accounting for the actual results? Or maybe you just tuned in to the playoffs when he was injured because the team wasn't worth following before then?

Yes, he does not have a post scoring game and West just dwarfs him in that manner. But "can only dunk" just sounds like someone who didn't watch the Pacers play last year other than highlights.
    No, I have watched lots of games and I have watched McBrick since high school. I have never liked him or his game and I am celebrating that he is gone. Your stats don't mean much. The fact is that if he was called on to score more, he couldn't do it. Obviously Bird and the Pacers could have had him for $3 million. The cost of living in California will more than eat up the rest. I think the Lakers will be very disappointed with their aquisition and by mid season, McStiff will be riding the pine or sitting out games........

You put a 12mil/3year offer on his door the moment free agency opens, and the Lakers never get a chance to bid.

If you don't need him, he's a capable big man on a good contract. Not hard to move.

If the Pacers wanted him, he would have stayed for a lot less then that.
    His market value was mini mle money. We could have had him for 2 yeas at 2.5-3 mil per year. I like Josh but we're too small in the front court to have him penciled in as a back up center. I wish Josh luck.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Well, it's not nothing. It would be 4 million worth of cap space for a player we don't really need. We're still insanely flexible because we spent the offseason only offering contracts to guys we need at prices we want.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    No, I have watched lots of games and I have watched McBrick since high school. I have never liked him or his game and I am celebrating that he is gone. Your stats don't mean much. The fact is that if he was called on to score more, he couldn't do it. Obviously Bird and the Pacers could have had him for $3 million. The cost of living in California will more than eat up the rest. I think the Lakers will be very disappointed with their aquisition and by mid season, McStiff will be riding the pine or sitting out games........
    So you're just a good old fashioned hater.....

26. The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    LMAO

caught that one huh?

I can see it now at Mickey D's

The new "McLovin Buger a guarnteed McBob feast"
    gotta start raking in that LA endorsement $$$

Good luck to McBob. While I hate the Lakers and hope they fall apart, I hope he has individual success.
    When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my @$$ - Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball - Pete Rose

29. The Following User Says Thank You to trs72 For This Useful Post:

Its a good move for him but a bad move for the Lakers...

If they want a ring they should know you shouldn't have a Dukie on your roster....

And well I wouldn't trust Mike Brown to actually coach a team to a title anyways but that's another story.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

More play time for Josh to show the world what he's got!!

Lakers lose Caracter
    CBSSports.com Fantasy Lakers F Derrick Caracter tore cartilage in his left knee and will have surgery on Wednesday, according to the Los Angeles Times. Caracter suffered the injury during Monday's practice. There is no timetable for his return, but he could miss a couple months.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

JOB FAIL.

I feel like there is a lot of unrealized potential in that acronym (JOB).

JOB + hand =

JOB + blow =

JOB + rim =

I think we as a community are obligated to come up with something that is sufficiently derogatory yet still easily understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by D0NT SH0OT ME View Post
    I feel like there is a lot of unrealized potential in that acronym (JOB).

JOB + hand =

JOB + blow =

JOB + rim =

I think we as a community are obligated to come up with something that is sufficiently derogatory yet still easily understandable.
    The past sucked, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    The past sucked, get over it.

No.