Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 135

Thread: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

  1. #51
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,572

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our bench is going to be awesome if we can get him signed. Hill, Crawford, Jones, Hansbrough, Foster off the bench? Yes please. That bench would definitely be able to beat nearly any other bench in the league. Catch us back up, or put the lead out of reach. I'll be really pumped if we can sign him.
    I think that htis is how Bird thinks that we can beat a Super Team....create the deepest Team that you can and throw it at the opposing team to see what happens.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt the Bulls are thinking about anything the pacers are doing right now.
    Wrong!!! Their first Preseason game opponent is none other than the Indiana Pacers this Friday. I'm sure they're thinking about them at least from that aspect.

  4. #53
    immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wilderness Fortress, Sahara Desert
    Posts
    801
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    I dont like the idea of a bidding war with Kahn. That tool will sign Crawford to the max after he learns about Jamal via youtube highlight reels.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that htis is how Bird thinks that we can beat a Super Team....create the deepest Team that you can and throw it at the opposing team to see what happens.
    That's one way the Dallas Mavs Beat the Lakers and won the Championship last year. They were 2-3 deep at each position last year.

  7. #55
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    I'm for getting as many talented assets as we possibly can, especially on short deal. Deep teams aren't just deep, but are also the teams that have lots of affordable, moveable pieces that can pick and choose what trades to facilitate in return for benefit, they are also the teams that can choose to consolidate assets for another star player.

    I'm not for moving Danny at this point whatsoever, all i'm saying is that one of our main pieces attaches to a few of our valuable role playing pieces may be the kind of deal a team is looking for if they have to lose their star, just hypothetical though, i'm kindof in love with the Lineup just the way it is. Id've been estatic with mayo (I think he blows up into a 20+ scorer the moment he gets into a new situation, but at this price? Crawford is a no brainer if he'll accept, hopefully be tomorrow so we can build some chemistry before our preseason game on Friday. Only downside is the minutes thing. Craw will want at least 25, I guess PG could start at the two and back up the three to the tune of 30-32 minutes, but then the logjam at point, collison should be a 30 mpg guy this year, is Hill only going to play 18 minutes with all the minutes taken up by Paul and Crawford? And then what of Stephenson, price is pretty much odd man out, along with Jones...

  8. #56

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Alright, I've gotten back on the "Sign Jamal Crawford" bandwagon.

    He'll be HUGE for us.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:


  10. #57
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alright, I've gotten back on the "Sign Jamal Crawford" bandwagon.

    He'll be HUGE for us.
    He's the shot we missed in April.


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  12. #58

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that htis is how Bird thinks that we can beat a Super Team....create the deepest Team that you can and throw it at the opposing team to see what happens.
    When you are unable to land superstars it may be the best way to cmpete.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ramitt For This Useful Post:


  14. #59
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    The option year obviously means that Bird believes George and Hill are gonna have break out seasons, and we won't need Jcraw next season.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  15. #60
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,437
    Mood

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Now that Mayo is off of the table I am hoping we land Crawford.

  16. #61
    Bleeding Blue and Gold RichardHawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois but my heart resides in Indiana.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Where does this leave us financially if he is signed?

  17. #62

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    He'd fit in well with us.

    He's had some nice fits. The best team being the Hawks who I think are similar enough to us that he'll fit like a glove.

    He was definitely the leader/star player on the Knicks for their bad years. Doesn't say much, but it wasn't by default because that was a bad team. He was still putting up 17, 18, 19, even 20 points a game with them.

    When he was with the Warriors he didn't seem to fit in well. He still did well, but the Warriors just weren't a good fit.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  18. #63

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardHawes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where does this leave us financially if he is signed?
    i believe we still have 18 mil cap $ left so we are more than fine.

  19. #64

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i believe we still have 18 mil cap $ left so we are more than fine.
    Yeah.

    We're still in a great position and have this money saved for next season and re-signing guys.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  20. #65

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The option year obviously means that Bird believes George and Hill are gonna have break out seasons, and we won't need Jcraw next season.
    True but the big advantage to a 2 year deal is that he won't want to opt out of that last year if he can be traded to a contender. All the contenders can do is offer him 2.5 mill so the pacers could get a late first in trading him next year.


    Its a good deal if ask me.

  21. #66
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Everyone tweet at JCrossover, let's see if we can get him to make a decision.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  23. #67
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,253

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    I'm liking these short deals. We are adding talent and maintaining flexibility at the same time.

    Kudos to the front office, really shrewd thinking going on up there.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:


  25. #68
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,979

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone tweet at JCrossover, let's see if we can get him to make a decision.
    I did over the weekend..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  26. #69

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Any idea what the Timberwolves are offering? Do we think they'd be willing to pay more that $5 million/year?

  27. #70
    Bleeding Blue and Gold RichardHawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois but my heart resides in Indiana.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    231

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Honestly I really do not think he's that interested or this decision would already have been made...I have a feeling they have been sending him feelers for awhile now

  28. #71
    Member A.B.Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's one way the Dallas Mavs Beat the Lakers and won the Championship last year. They were 2-3 deep at each position last year.
    That AND they had a superstar. A complete game changer that could drop 40 any night and did so in an unrivaled fashion.

    Until we have that we don't have a real chance at a title IMO. But we are closer with each move of course.

    I think of it more like the Pistons of a few years back and it makes a lot of sense. That really would be the best chance we have is to build some complimentary parts that would work and fit as perfectly as they did. But I also think that's more of a thing of the past.

    I hope I'm wrong, but I still lean towards the idea that you won't see a Championship banner hung in the arena of any team that doesn't have a top 10 overall NBA player on their roster.
    I don't want to sound condescending, which means to talk down to you by the way

  29. #72
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1gSM27ETl

    Chris Broussard: Jamal Crawford weighing offers from NYK, Portland, Indiana, Sac and Minnesota, sources say 3 minutes ago


    Marc Berman: Told report Jamal Crawford got a two-year offer for 10 mill from Indy is overstated. 3 minutes ago
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  30. #73
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,555

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The option year obviously means that Bird believes George and Hill are gonna have break out seasons, and we won't need Jcraw next season.
    Actually I think it is sweetener from Crawford's perspective - he knows if he has a good season he can opt out and go for a higher payday, so he's much more likely to sign the 2-year deal with us than with someone who will hold him for the full 2 years for the same money.

    Nice way to use a non-monetary incentive.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  32. #74

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Thought reports were saying he would choose today or is that not true

  33. #75
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,253

    Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

    Quote Originally Posted by A.B.Hollywood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That AND they had a superstar. A complete game changer that could drop 40 any night and did so in an unrivaled fashion.

    Until we have that we don't have a real chance at a title IMO. But we are closer with each move of course.

    I think of it more like the Pistons of a few years back and it makes a lot of sense. That really would be the best chance we have is to build some complimentary parts that would work and fit as perfectly as they did. But I also think that's more of a thing of the past.

    I hope I'm wrong, but I still lean towards the idea that you won't see a Championship banner hung in the arena of any team that doesn't have a top 10 overall NBA player on their roster.
    Yet you mention the Pistons, they didn't have a guy like that. The 90s Pacers were pretty much the same way. They came close.

    Sometimes timing is everything.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 89
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 06:16 PM
  2. Good explanation of the Pacers lease situation...
    By Iceman1 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 10:26 AM
  3. Look back at Pacers Trades
    By Teddy Green in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 08:00 PM
  4. Pacers History 1993-1994 Season
    By Sollozzo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 03:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •