Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

Default Re: Crawford Receives Two-Year, $10M Offer From Pacers

Yeah, it's interesting and a little hard to understand how in June Larry Bird calls Lance the Pacers' best player, yet it doesn't seem clear whether Lance is expected to be in the team's rotation in any significant way. I'd like to see a reporter ask for an update and clarification on plans for Lance and his role on this year's team. Even though he's only 21, I'd think if he has the potential to develop into the team's best player - or something close to it - that he's be getting regular playing time this season. And if he doesn't have that kind of potential, why did Larry say that?

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I find it pretty dumb that Indy offers him 2 years/$10 mill, and he outright declines, and is "seriously entertaining" the *exact* same offer from the Blazers, a team that doesn't seem to have near as much funds available. The Pacers could even likely up their offer.

That just seemed like a big, weird, unnecessary FU from Crawford on our offer.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find it pretty dumb that Indy offers him 2 years/$10 mill, and he outright declines, and is "seriously entertaining" the *exact* same offer from the Blazers, a team that doesn't seem to have near as much funds available. The Pacers could even likely up their offer.

That just seemed like a big, weird, unnecessary FU from Crawford on our offer.
    He lives in that area. It's home.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan4life031 View Post
    Don't mean to rehash this, as it seems unlikely that Crawford has any shot of landing here, but I would imagine out of POR and SAC (2yr/$10mil), and NYK (1yr/$2.5mil), Portland would seemingly be his preference based on a combination of proximity to his offseason home, money and the playing time situation.

Based on tweets I'm seeing from John Hollinger, it seems as though Portland isn't in a posiiton to make that offer to Crawford, and has become involved in a 3-way trade with NJ/POR/ORL involving Gerald Wallace and Brook Lopez going to ORL, which would clear room for them to sign Crawford? I don't see ORL biting on this deal at all...

johnhollinger John Hollinger
    Dot-connecting: For those wondering how Portland can offer Crawford 2yrs, $10 mil, I believe that Wallace-to-ORL scenario is how.

Any chance you think Bird see's talks with Crawford and POR stall, so he ups his offer a bit to Crawford?
    Screw Crawford give me Wallace for 2 years.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie fan View Post
    Yeah, it's interesting and a little hard to understand how in June Larry Bird calls Lance the Pacers' best player, yet it doesn't seem clear whether Lance is expected to be in the team's rotation in any significant way. I'd like to see a reporter ask for an update and clarification on plans for Lance and his role on this year's team. Even though he's only 21, I'd think if he has the potential to develop into the team's best player - or something close to it - that he's be getting regular playing time this season. And if he doesn't have that kind of potential, why did Larry say that?
    And Travis is the best shooter in the league Too. Lol

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    He lives in that area. It's home.
    Yep. Crawford is from Seattle. Just a quick 3 hour trip up I-5 from Portland.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Yep. Crawford is from Seattle. Just a quick 3 hour trip up I-5 from Portland.
    He would also have a bigger role in Portland, helping to replace Roy.

I think that, all things equal, he wants to go to Portland, but would go elsewhere if offered enough money.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    He would also have a bigger role in Portland, helping to replace Roy.

I think that, all things equal, he wants to go to Portland, but would go elsewhere if offered enough money.
    That's my point. He lives in Seattle, he plays in Atlanta, he's also entertaining offers from other teams, and yet he outright declines the best offer out there, while still entertaining 3 other offers? Just doesn't make sense to me.

The Pacers are the only team he's outright declined. He's still entertaining the Knicks offer for half the money. Just seems like a big FU to me.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    That's my point. He lives in Seattle, he plays in Atlanta, he's also entertaining offers from other teams, and yet he outright declines the best offer out there, while still entertaining 3 other offers? Just doesn't make sense to me.

The Pacers are the only team he's outright declined. He's still entertaining the Knicks offer for half the money. Just seems like a big FU to me.
    Probably because we've got 18 shooting guards and he doesn't feel like competing for a spot.

Banned

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...e-been-better/

Pacers president Larry Bird could have stopped trying to make moves with the signing of David West.

That wasnít on Birdís mind. He wanted more. He wanted to make another move to help the Pacers win at least five more games and possibly move up even more in the Eastern Conference.

Thatís why the Pacers tried to try to acquire Memphisí O.J. Mayo in a trade.

That didnít work so Bird turned his attention back to Jamal Crawford, who Bird has liked for years.

Bird, who had stayed in constant communication with Crawfordís agent, offered the unrestricted free agent a two-year, $10-million deal that had an opt out after the first year.

Crawford, who had just as much interest in the Pacers as they had in him, thought about the offer for a few hours before he turned it down, according to his agent Andy Miller.

Crawford received some other offers that sparked his interest.

Bird has been trying to acquire a player who knows how create his shot off the dribble for some time. I canít count how many times over the years the Pacers have lost games in the fourth quarter because they didnít have a player who could create his own shot.

Landing Mayo or Crawford would have helped fix that problem.

A lot of people talked about how the Pacers didnít need either one of those players because it would impact the development of a player like Paul George and take away minutes from some of the other wing players.

Letís not forget, George is only in his second season. His game is still developing.

Besides, itís all about winning, not about worrying about feelings.

ďIím trying to win games and making a deal (Tuesday) would have helped us win some more games,Ē said Bird, who was upset over not being able to make a deal, as he sat in the stands watching the teamís second practice Tuesday evening. ďPlaying time gets settled in practice.Ē

Landing West for only two years was a great move by the Pacers. Landing West and Mayo or Crawford would have been an excellent move for them.