Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David West Press Conference 12:30PM Today

Default Re: David West Press Conference 12:30PM Today

Obviously nobody let West in on the banter between Bird & Wells because when Bird said to him "Mike you'll obviously never know what it's like to be a professional athlete" David was taking a drink of water from a bottle and it about came out his nose.

Pretty bland press conf. but that's ok, there really is no news here other than saying that he is here to help.

I like the way Brunner tried to make it sound like we were always his top choice & West just plainly said we were always one of the top choices.

I know this will come as a shock to some of you Danny haters on the board but West is a Granger fan. In fact my belief is that Danny is thought of much higher around the league than a lot of the Granger haters believe he is.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Just watch the Presser, and West certainly impresses.

Also i like how Bird is the second tallest person in the organization.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously nobody let West in on the banter between Bird & Wells because when Bird said to him "Mike you'll obviously never know what it's like to be a professional athlete" David was taking a drink of water from a bottle and it about came out his nose.
    I love listening to Larry give Wells a hard time. I also got the impression that we are on the verge of something else happening. Larry made a reference about continuing to add important pieces. And that was a super short press conference. I think it was only about 7 minutes.

Yea by the way Larry answered one of the questions it sounds like we are going to be adding at least another piece or two shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by JBones19 View Post
    FWIW I spoke with my ticket rep today and he told me to keep an eye on the news feeds today for another Pacer signing. I asked if it would be Mayo and he said "more like Crawford." So again, I don't know how in the loop he is, but I gues we will see.
    Interesting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacers101 View Post
    Yea by the way Larry answered one of the questions it sounds like we are going to be adding at least another piece or two shortly.
    Explain.

I love how Larry cracking on Wells ha become a tradition--hilarious.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    Winning time.

Interesting how he said he was most looking forward to playing with Danny and "Big Roy."

"I'm not a lot of flash and fluff. I'm just ready to get to work."

I love him already.

EDIT: "I'm a fan of this game, so I know the guys on this team and what they can do."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

In the words of coach Vogel....

"Jump onboard, come out and see us!"

Also, that banner is sweet.

Welcome to Indy, David!
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pretty bland press conf. but that's ok, there really is no news here other than saying that he is here to help.

I like the way Brunner tried to make it sound like we were always his top choice & West just plainly said we were always one of the top choices.

I know this will come as a shock to some of you Danny haters on the board but West is a Granger fan. In fact my belief is that Danny is thought of much higher around the league than a lot of the Granger haters believe he is.
    Amen, Granger is better than we give him credit for I think he'll be back to MIP form this year, he's been sticking through thick and thin, all of this time to have a good team, Larry told him to be patient and he has, he's going to come out swinging this season.

With West to take some of the scoring load off of Danny expect to see a much more dedicated defender, who plays more efficient offense and crashes the boards hard.

I could see David averaging 17 or 18 and Danny averaging 20-22 points on better efficiency and with consistent defensive intensity.

Danny has been a bit worn down lately he has to carry more offense than any non super-star player should have to, but end of the Day I think he'll show why he's nearly a top 20 player in the NBA, just like in his MIP year.

I always get the sense that players around the league think of Danny as more of a "star" than we do. He certainly earned a ton of respect his all-star season. Not many players not named Kobe or Tmac ever have 26 ppg 5+ rpg 2.7 apg with 1.5 blocks and a steal on as good of efficiency as Danny did, even people also on bad/ middling teams, definitely earned some rep around the NBA.
    Last edited by daschysta; 12-13-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Watching West highlights I can't help but think simply adding him to our roster in the Bulls series and we win that thing. No joke. We were close enough as it was and if Hans doesn't go ice cold after Game 1 we continue to stretch that D and all more lanes to drive through.

West on the other hand will regularly have games like Hans did in Game 1. Thinking about him that way just got me VERY excited. We haven't had a skilled big man like this since JO.
    I don't want to sound condescending, which means to talk down to you by the way

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So when do you guys think we'll get practice video with D-West getting some burn. I'm curious to see how timid he is, if at all, and if he still has the elevation he used to have. He'd suprise you with a thunder dunk out of nowhere back in New Orleans, especially since his arms are so long.

Look how long his arms are lawl, he barely has to jump on his dunks despite being only 6'9.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Welcome to Indiana D-West!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Glad to see Presser, Larry look very tired in the eyes, not suprised obviously.
    Welcome to the Pacers David West!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Lol at the Celtics fans over there saying he's all about the money and chose a garbage team like the P's, inferring we had to overpay to grab him.

Sour grapes if I've ever seen'em.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Lol at the Celtics fans over there saying he's all about the money and chose a garbage team like the P's, inferring we had to overpay to grab him.

Sour grapes if I've ever seen'em.
    Its really not a good idea to put too much stock in Youtube comments.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    Its really not a good idea to put too much stock in Youtube comments.
    True. But it gave me a laugh anyway.
    BTW, I can assure you lots of people here in Italy think the same. Way too many uninformed Celtics fans, I guess.