Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gordon-Hayward-Second-year-Utah-Jazz-swingman-shows-plenty-of-promise.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Gordon-Hayward-Second-year-Utah-Jazz-swingman-shows-plenty-of-promise.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gordon Hayward is like a younger version of Mike Dunleavy, no joke, both guys are very similar.
    So you can evaluate talent better than Kobe? Vnzla, its over. Stop trolling and admit you were wrong about Gordon. Nobody will be mad. I have said dumb stuff about Tyler, Roy, DC, and even DG. I am man enough to admit that I was incorrect.

Default Re: Gordon-Hayward-Second-year-Utah-Jazz-swingman-shows-plenty-of-promise.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    56% that guy has no business playing SG ever again good thing they drafted Alec Burks. He is a really bad defender damn.

what site do you use for that stat iv been looking for advance defensive stats but can never find them ?
    They have opponent averages on 82games.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Even Dunleavy's counter parts eFG% is in the 48-49% range. If that gives you any idea.
    Damn, they must be family then are we sure Hayward is not Mike's lost son or something?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    So you can evaluate talent better than Kobe? Vnzla, its over. Stop trolling and admit you were wrong about Gordon. Nobody will be mad. I have said dumb stuff about Tyler, Roy, DC, and even DG. I am man enough to admit that I was incorrect.
    A younger version of Mike Dunleavy was a pretty good player(yes I said it ) after the injury he was a different player, comparing Hayward to Dunleavy before the knee issue should not be a bad thing.

Gordon can be a heck of a player. So can Paul. As a Pacer fan, I hope to hell it's Paul.

Hayward shot lights out last year, 48.5% from floor and 47.3% from three. As a rookie, that's absolutely insane. But Hayward is NOT the defender nor has the potential as a defender that Paul does.

So based only on rookie year, Hayward's a better shooter and passer. Paul's a better rebounder and defender. You should learn a LOT about both this year.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Paul's no slouch as a passer, either.

It's impossible to say who will be better, George or Gordon. But pacer fans thinking the Jazz screwed up their draft by taking Gordon before George are full of it.

It's impossible to say who will be better, George or Gordon. But pacer fans thinking the Jazz screwed up their draft by taking Gordon before George are full of it.
    Just wait and see.

I hope both become all-stars.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Bias is an inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives.

Clearly I am not biased as I have said I recognize the talent of George as well.

I just said that from what I see, Hayward has the better overall game, and that he could have a break out year. The Jazz do not have any strengths at the wing position so the minutes are there for Hayward to take over.
    When it comes to biased people on this forum, you are always the first person that comes to my mind. I actually was about to post something along the lines of "here comes graphic-er to talk Hayward up" when this thread was first made, but I couldn't remember your username.

Come on.

How in the hell can you claim your not biased when you made the most ridiculous comparisons about him before hand, and even after we drafted George did nothing but talk about Hayward 24/7. I would actually think over half your posts are Hayward/Butler related.

That leaves us with one of two scenarios: You are either very biased, or your evaluation of talent makes Isiah Thomas look like the best basketball mind in the world.

All that said, I like Hayward just fine, but you constantly put him up on a hall of famers pedastool, then claim not to be biased.

At least admit it..

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

So you can evaluate talent better than Kobe?
    This just annoys the hell out of me.

Just because you're an all-star, future all of famer means you can evaluate talent?

Was Isiah a good GM?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't hate on my Butler guy. Hayward isn't going to be another Steve Alford in the league. He has a super high basketball IQ and has a sweet shot. And he added 15 pounds of muscle this season. Besides being a video game nerd, he is also a stat geek. Having the ability to properly analyze your opponent in depth is a valuable skill. I'm sure he had carried the Law of Averages (Brad Stevens) with him to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    When it comes to biased people on this forum, you are always the first person that comes to my mind. I actually was about to post something along the lines of "here comes graphic-er to talk Hayward up" when this thread was first made, but I couldn't remember your username.

Come on.

How in the hell can you claim your not biased when you made the most ridiculous comparisons about him before hand, and even after we drafted George did nothing but talk about Hayward 24/7. I would actually think over half your posts are Hayward/Butler related.

That leaves us with one of two scenarios: You are either very biased, or your evaluation of talent makes Isiah Thomas look like the best basketball mind in the world.

All that said, I like Hayward just fine, but you constantly put him up on a hall of famers pedastool, then claim not to be biased.

At least admit it..
    This is most ridiculous BS I've ever read about myself on here.
    1. I've never started more than one thread on here about Gordon Hayward.
    2. There were just as many draft posts about Paul George prior to the draft as there were about Gordon Hayward. It was a legit debate because the Pacers and Jazz drafted so close together.
    3. After the draft, I no longer posted much of anything about Hayward. The posts you seem to recall were actually my replies to others making derrogative posts about me and my uber Hayward fandom. AND I've pointed this out several times on this board. Post like:

"Hopefully he doesn't release an album. Graphic-er will lose his life's savings trying to make it platinum." - Dr. Awesome (I didn't even post in that thread, so clearly you bring up Hayward and me with out provocation too)

Perception is not reality, go back and read the threads.

I did not make any more ridiculous comparisons as those who immediately said Paul George = Tracy McGrady, before the guy played a game.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Everybody jump me

seriously its my fault. I knew that posting anything on Gordon Heyward would rattle people up, but im an instigator by trade

but hell, its better than all the lockout crap we suffered through for 6 plus months

Sittin on top of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    A younger version of Mike Dunleavy was a pretty good player(yes I said it ) after the injury he was a different player, comparing Hayward to Dunleavy before the knee issue should not be a bad thing.
    Before the injury, Dunleavy was better than Granger. He was an above average player. If Hayward or George reach that level both Jazz and Pacer fans will be thrilled!

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    Before the injury, Dunleavy was better than Granger. He was an above average player. If Hayward or George reach that level both Jazz and Pacer fans will be thrilled!
    May I humbly nominate this for "humorous post of the year"?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    May I humbly nominate this for "humorous post of the year"?

Only if you want to show your ignorance of Pacer history. Dunleavy scored with Granger and shot 3% better from the field. The coach and Team president even stated on several occasions Dun was the glue on the team. I can understand your lack of knowledge because 2007-8 was probably before your time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The coach at that time also thought Troy Murphy was the greatest thing on Earth!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    Only if you want to show your ignorance of Pacer history. Dunleavy scored with Granger and shot 3% better from the field. The coach and Team president even stated on several occasions Dun was the glue on the team. I can understand your lack of knowledge because 2007-8 was probably before your time.
    insert cat sound hissing

and your words are a little strong my friend

anyday you want to have a quizz to see who knows more about Pacer basketball, your own

I ll put up 3 stacks

before my time? no sir. I vivdly rememebr Bird and Person battling each other in a terrific playoff game