Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 925

Thread: Rush/McRoberts for Mayo .... dead?

  1. #151
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,721

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    I imagine a 1-for-1 at this point. We're helping them by taking Mayo's salary off their books.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  3. #152

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    What would our rotation be with Mayo?

    Collison/Hill
    George/Mayo/Hill

    or

    Collison/Hill
    Mayo/George/Hill
    Granger/George?

    Sorry if this has been posted, I haven't read the entire thread yet.

  4. #153

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm starting to agree with this, could it possible that we got West to then send him to the Celtics for Rondo?(more pieces included of course) can we do that?
    No. You can't sign-and-trade other teams' free agents.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:


  6. #154
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    8,846
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    If we get Landry. Does that mean that Rondo is coming here?

  7. #155

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we get Landry. Does that mean that Rondo is coming here?
    or cp3? we have the young guys the hornets want

  8. #156

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    People are reading WAAAYYY too much into Landry mentions in news articles.

    All they were really saying is, "The Pacers had also considered going after Carl Landry."
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:


  10. #157
    Pop your balloon Hitman02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Hope this happens, I'd love to see Mayo in a Pacers jersey.

    Any guesses on our next moves? Rush is still on the roster (unless he's part of this proposed deal)

  11. #158
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,586

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman02 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope this happens, I'd love to see Mayo in a Pacers jersey.

    Any guesses on our next moves? Rush is still on the roster (unless he's part of this proposed deal)
    Flip Rush and Posey to a team for a bag of chips?

  12. #159

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    The best option for Memphis is to get the Pacers to give them 5.6 mil in cap for Mayo, so they can have more money to use on Gasol and also to be able to pick up another BIG.

    If McBob wants MLE money or more, let him go find a team willing to pay it... if he can.

  13. #160
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no there is articles everywhere saying where still going after landry even though we have west... and i posted this http://www.rantsports.com/indiana-pa...d-carl-landry/
    If this is true and we end up with West, OJ, and (Landry or AK). Then turn around and trade rush, posey's expiring contract and a pick for some proven veterans or more young talent. This team would have to be considered a contender I'd say. This is all in theory but, very interesting stuff.
    I'm a Beast

  14. #161
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Either they don't have a ton of faith in Tyler, or Tyler is on his way out. Only 2 reasons why I can see them going after another power forward.

  15. #162
    Away From Sharp Objects Gremz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    76
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The best option for Memphis is to get the Pacers to give them 5.6 mil in cap for Mayo, so they can have more money to use on Gasol and also to be able to pick up another BIG.

    If McBob wants MLE money or more, let him go find a team willing to pay it... if he can.
    Well they still need frontcourt help, thus wanting in on McRoberts. You keep Josh's deal relatively low (2-3m) and they still save a good couple of million which works great for them.

    If they take the straight TPE, then they will still need to go and sign someone else, might end up costing them a decent amount.

  16. #163
    Away From Sharp Objects Gremz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    76
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe it's been discussed, but would we still have to toss in a first round pick to make this deal happen, or would it be a straight one-for-one deal?
    At this point there is no way they'd get a 1st with him. You'd assume we'd ship McBob to them with a relatively low salary so they still save some cap, that's the bargaining chip right now.

  17. #164
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,042

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this point there is no way they'd get a 1st with him. You'd assume we'd ship McBob to them with a relatively low salary so they still save some cap, that's the bargaining chip right now.
    Why would he agree to a sign-and-trade for less money than he can get by signing somewhere outright?

    That doesn't make any sense.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  19. #165
    Away From Sharp Objects Gremz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    76
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would he agree to a sign-and-trade for less money than he can get by signing somewhere outright?

    That doesn't make any sense.
    I meant the difference between Mayo and McRoberts' news salary would be the save. You expect Josh to get around 5.6m?

  20. #166
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,204

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would he agree to a sign-and-trade for less money than he can get by signing somewhere outright?

    That doesn't make any sense.
    If you can help out a team who you grew up rooting for, played hard for, and openly admitted being willing to take less money to stay with despite them showing little to no interest in you, you have to do it.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  22. #167

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Either they don't have a ton of faith in Tyler, or Tyler is on his way out. Only 2 reasons why I can see them going after another power forward.
    Just because Tyler is coming off the bench doesn't mean they don't like or want him.

    He's still going to be huge for us.

    He's still a major favorite among fans and the organization.

    I doubt now that we have David West that the rumor of us interested in Carl Landry is accurate now.

    We had interest before.

    Sounds another story the media is looking to stir up. The fact that we liked Landry at one point, but not now.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:


  24. #168
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,012

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Landry speculation article written by Josh Dhani (aka rocksballer58. Check his history if you're curious). That should end the discussion. Here's a hint: we're not going after Landry.
    Last edited by imawhat; 12-11-2011 at 06:04 PM.

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  26. #169
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Landry speculation article written by Josh Dhani. That should end the discussion. Here's a hint: we're not going after Landry.
    Gotta give the kid credit, he's passionate about spreading complete BS.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:


  28. #170

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Landry speculation article written by Josh Dhani. That should end the discussion. Here's a hint: we're not going after Landry.
    Rocksballer!

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  30. #171
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,034

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by ndcoltsnpacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rocksballer!
    At least Dhani means well. That Brent guy, FerengiMiller, was much more toxic IMHO.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

  31. #172

    Default Could I have some Mayo with that ??

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/73...indiana-pacers
    The Pacers may not be done dealing, though.

    The Memphis Grizzlies are in advanced discussions with Indiana on a sign-and-trade deal that would bring free agent Josh McRoberts to the Grizzlies and send guard O.J. Mayo to the Pacers, according to sources close to the process.
    AND .............

    The Pacers, sources say, also have Carl Landry and Andrei Kirilenko at the top of their frontcourt wish list.
    Larry seems busy.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  33. #173
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,318

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Could I have some Mayo with that ??

    This is kinda fun being right around Christmas.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  35. #174
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,223
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Could I have some Mayo with that ??

    I'd love some Mayo with my popcorn!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  36. #175

    Default Re: Pacers expected to reach out to O.J. Mayo (with Crawford to NY)

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Landry speculation article written by Josh Dhani (aka rocksballer58. Check his history if you're curious). That should end the discussion. Here's a hint: we're not going after Landry.
    Hey thanks for ripping on me appreciate it but Landry rumor came from the Marc Stein article, not me

Similar Threads

  1. Francesco Quinn dead at 48
    By Basketball Fan in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 03:17 PM
  2. NBC Sports Anchor covering the Bulls/Hawks series found dead
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 10:18 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 11:26 PM
  4. David Foster Wallace found dead
    By SoupIsGood in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 12:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •