Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 190

Thread: Chris Paul to Clippers

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ESPN is reporting EJ IS involved...

    Brussard is saying the Clippers are offering Gordon but I dont buy that. If he was a deal would already be done. Chris B is full of **** in with his sources IMO at least in this trade.

    EJ isnt going anywhere.

    He says the Hornets wont accept unless they add Blesose in addition to Gordon Aminu Minney #1 and Kaman I just find this hard to believe. They are really overpaying if they put EJ in this deal the Minney pick along with Bledsoe and Amniu should be enough IMO.

  2. #27
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's giving up a ton for Paul. But he's worth it.

    I think Eric Gordon is fantastic. I would have done everything in my power to not include him but if that is what it takes to get Paul, you still have to do it.

    And yes, it really sucks for EJ. It also sucks for NBA fans. Paul, EJ, and Griffin would have been a joy to watch.

    If there was one player that was a lock to be a star in this coming draft, I think they could have gotten away without including EJ. But I don't see that player in college basketball right now. There's plenty of depth in this draft but I don't see the top of it being as good as year's past.
    I agree. No one has emerged as a true star. The guy with perhaps the most ability (Terrence Jones) is a basketcase it looks like.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #28
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,228

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    If there's a conflict of reports between Woj and ESPN, I'm more inclined to believe Woj.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Hmm...

    Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard 1 min Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Source insists LAC offering Gordon, Kaman, Aminu & Minny's pick for CP. LAC dont want Gordon's name reported in deal in case it don't happen

    Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard 1 min Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    LAC don't want a LOdom situation on hands. Wants to extend Gordon if CP deal don't happen. NBA running deal for NO & wants Bledsoe added
    Last edited by BPump33; 12-12-2011 at 10:11 AM.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  6. #30
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    I would love to see EJ traded ot of LA. New Orleans can't possibly retain him at a matched (Pacers) max deal.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. #31
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,228

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love to see EJ traded ot of LA. New Orleans can't possibly retain him at a matched (Pacers) max deal.
    I don't think NO would do the trade unless EJ agrees to an extension beforehand.

  8. #32
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think NO would do the trade unless EJ agrees to an extension beforehand.
    Then it'll never happen. Nobody wants to be in NOLA right now with their terrible ownership situation. One of the articles about the Pacers signing West quoted him saying he didn't want to go back to NOLA because of that. And obviously, CP3 wants out because of it.

    If EJ is shipped to NOLA without an extension, he will be a Pacer next season. I can live with that.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  9. #33
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    If you are Jerry Buss, how do you not go totally nuclear on the NBA if this happens?

    What a joke.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  11. #34
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,986

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are Jerry Buss, how do you not go totally nuclear on the NBA if this happens?

    What a joke.
    He can go nuclear all he wants, but the fact of the matter is the the NBA owns the Hornets and has total control over anything and everything they do.

    Jerry can go cry in his gold plated hankie for all I care.

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  13. #35
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,924

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are Jerry Buss, how do you not go totally nuclear on the NBA if this happens?

    What a joke.
    ...the CLippers offer is a hundred times better, even without Gordon.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  15. #36
    Child Of Scorn MnvrChvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    417

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Seriously! Lakers fans don't get everything they want for ONCE in a generation, and everyone and their brother comes to coddle them. I never understood why NO would be satisfied with the Laker deal. I think they basically thought they were limited to only dealing with the Lakers or Knicks and were going to take whatever they could get at that point. I think it was good for Stern (as an owner representative) to call Paul's bluff and allow his GM to look for better options elsewhere. If this deal goes down, it will be a million times better than the Laker deal especially if they get Gordon to extend.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MnvrChvy For This Useful Post:


  17. #37
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...the CLippers offer is a hundred times better, even without Gordon.
    I don't disagree, of course the Clips offer is a better deal, but that isn't the point.

    They had a deal. It was a fair deal, and was considered a fair deal by all parties involved.

    The NBA changed the rules in the middle of the game.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  19. #38
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This whole situation has been so maliciously mismanaged from the beginning that I don't know what to think.

    Surely, the Clippers wouldn't give up Eric Gordon, the unprotected top of the lottery pick from Minnesota, Eric Bledsoe, Al-Farouq Aminu, and Chris Kaman right? Obviously, they didn't offer anything close to that originally when the head of the Hornets basketball decisions chose to send him to the other team in LA.

    I guess the silver lining in this whole thing is that the best point guard in a generation is going to be working for a likeable owner.

    Can even the most adamant Lakers hater not think that they (along with the Rockets) have been royally screwed? I'm sure Jerry Buss is thrilled that the player he offered his second and third best players for (who also happen to be a top 5 big man and the reigning 6th man of the year, who in turn became so disgruntled he had to trade him for absolutely nothing) will be playing in the building he built for another team.
    Jerry Buss is in the hospital. His son Jimmy is running things now, and has been for the last couple years.

  20. #39
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Am I really supposed to feel sorry for Jerry Buss & the L.A. Lakers? Sorry ain't gonna happen.

    While many want to burn Stern in effigy I on the other hand would like to build a golden statue to him for this.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  22. #40
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,584

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...the CLippers offer is a hundred times better, even without Gordon.

    That's completely irrelevant.

    The Lakers trade should have never been nixed. They gave up plenty to get Chris Paul (they arguably would have been worse afterword) and the Hornets got plenty in return. This Clippers trade should have never been possible because Paul should have been a Laker last week.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  24. #41
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    FWIW, Hollinger is on 1070 saying that Gordon IS in the deal. They are haggling over Bledsoe.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  25. #42
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jerry Buss is in the hospital. His son Jimmy is running things now, and has been for the last couple years.
    Even the Buss Family dog should be rabid to get a piece of Stern for this.

  26. #43
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,528

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    The important question to answer is whether CP3 is going to sign an extension....

    Also....you have to wonder if Sterling is finally going to open up the purse strings. New Revenue is going to come in....but with CP3....you HAVE TO start spending BIG $$$$ to start building around him...Sterling can't be cheap like the way that he was before.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  27. #44
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    If the Hornets get EJ + Minny pick + Kaman + Aminu + Bledsoe, they could be rebuilt within two years. Sick deal. I can't believe the league is making a big stink about Bledsoe if they're already getting everyone else in that package. Then again, how much PT is Bledsoe really going to get on the Clips behind CP3 and Mo.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:


  29. #45
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    David Aldridge @daldridgetnt 50 sec Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Per a source who has been briefed on NO-LAC negotiations, the Hornets have to choose between the Minnesota pick and Gordon. Can't have both.

    This seems right.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  31. #46
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's completely irrelevant.

    The Lakers trade should have never been nixed.
    Except for the small fact that the other team's owner didn't want to make the trade.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  33. #47
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The important question to answer is whether CP3 is going to sign an extension....
    I think it is also a big question as to what EJ does.
    Have not heard NO requiring EJ to sign an extention, & if I'm him & I look @ NO's roster & IN's roster & I know IN will offer me the max... Now had EJ NOT been in this deal, & was in LA w/ CP3 & Griffen, then he is never a Pacer, but NOW?.....
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  34. #48
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Aldridge @daldridgetnt 50 sec Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Per a source who has been briefed on NO-LAC negotiations, the Hornets have to choose between the Minnesota pick and Gordon. Can't have both.

    This seems right.
    That makes sense.

    I don't see how you could possibly take the pick over the best young SG in the league.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  35. #49
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except for the small fact that the other team's owner didn't want to make the trade.
    That's not right. New Orleans' FO was given full autonomy to do what they felt was in the best interest of the team. They had the power to finish the trade, until the very end when Stern stepped in under pressure from his bosses because they were jealous that Buss was getting CP3 and they weren't.

  36. #50
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are Jerry Buss, how do you not go totally nuclear on the NBA if this happens?

    What a joke.
    Buss hasn't even been that upset about it publicly.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. Hornets may deal Chris Paul
    By Really? in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 07:29 AM
  2. Chris Paul on Family Feud
    By Lance George in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 01:18 AM
  3. Paul Kuharsky criticizes the Polians
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 08:12 PM
  4. A Chris Paul story from high school ....
    By xBulletproof in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 09:33 AM
  5. Chris Paul and Bobcat rumors have merit IMO
    By NappyRootz in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •