Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 190

Thread: Chris Paul to Clippers

  1. #1
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Chris Paul to Clippers

    I saw on ESPN just now that he's going for Chris Kaman, AlFaruq Aminu, Eric Bledsoe, and a first round pick in 2012.

    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7342778/if-no-new-york-knicks-los-angeles-lakers-chris-paul-wants-los-angeles-clippers

    This link doesn't confirm but ESPN says it is close to being a done deal.
    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Steagles; 12-12-2011 at 07:19 AM.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Great trade, imo. CP3 with EJ, Butler, Griffin, and DJ will be one helluva starting lineup, at least down the road. And if EJ gets shipped to NOH due to the deal, you can almost definitely expect to see him with the Pacers by 2013. I can't imagine him wanting to stay with his team, if it's not the Clippers.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  4. #3
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Will the Clippers have enough cap space to re-sign both Paul and Gordon?

  5. #4
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will the Clippers have enough cap space to re-sign both Paul and Gordon?
    What about Blake Griffin as well?


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  6. #5
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    That's Minny's pick, right?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #6
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,519

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Clips are going to be fun to watch next year.

  8. #7
    Member sheppie33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cincy, OH
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    @Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
    Clips offering Gordon, Aminu, Kaman, Minny's unprotected 1st round pick for CP. League/NO wants Bledsoe put in deal. Clips mulling...

    http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard

    Gordon too?

  9. #8
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by sheppie33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
    Clips offering Gordon, Aminu, Kaman, Minny's unprotected 1st round pick for CP. League/NO wants Bledsoe put in deal. Clips mulling...

    http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard

    Gordon too?
    That's a good enough deal for the Hornets. Gordon + #1 unprotected is close to equal value for Paul by itself, IMO. Add in the rest and there's really no need to include Bledsoe.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  11. #9
    Member Marlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Age
    28
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    You guys sure Broussard hasn't made a mistake? With Bledsoe being shipped and NOLA wanting Gordon?
    Because that's what was being reported earlier, with the Clips unwilling to deal Gordon as they consider him a top 5 SG..

  12. #10
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about Blake Griffin as well?


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    That's definitely a long-term concern, but I'm thinking more in the short term at the moment, since both Paul and Gordon are FAs next season.

    If the Clips max out Paul, would they have the money to match a max offer sheet to EJ?

  13. #11

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will the Clippers have enough cap space to re-sign both Paul and Gordon?
    Teams don't need cap space to re-sign their own free-agents.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys sure Broussard hasn't made a mistake? With Bledsoe being shipped and NOLA wanting Gordon?
    Because that's what was being reported earlier, with the Clips unwilling to deal Gordon as they consider him a top 5 SG..
    Yeah, I think he made a mistake. Eric Gordon isn't included in the deal.

    It's still a good haul for the Hornets.

  14. #12
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_SI 4 mins Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    ESPN story, time-stamped 3 mins ago, says LAC deal is submitted to league and includes Gordon, not Bledsoe: tinyurl.com/clo9zxs

    Maybe EJ is involved in the deal.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  15. #13
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    This whole situation has been so maliciously mismanaged from the beginning that I don't know what to think.

    Surely, the Clippers wouldn't give up Eric Gordon, the unprotected top of the lottery pick from Minnesota, Eric Bledsoe, Al-Farouq Aminu, and Chris Kaman right? Obviously, they didn't offer anything close to that originally when the head of the Hornets basketball decisions chose to send him to the other team in LA.

    I guess the silver lining in this whole thing is that the best point guard in a generation is going to be working for a likeable owner.

    Can even the most adamant Lakers hater not think that they (along with the Rockets) have been royally screwed? I'm sure Jerry Buss is thrilled that the player he offered his second and third best players for (who also happen to be a top 5 big man and the reigning 6th man of the year, who in turn became so disgruntled he had to trade him for absolutely nothing) will be playing in the building he built for another team.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  17. #14

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_SI 4 mins Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    ESPN story, time-stamped 3 mins ago, says LAC deal is submitted to league and includes Gordon, not Bledsoe: tinyurl.com/clo9zxs

    Maybe EJ is involved in the deal.
    They're running this version in the crawl on ESPN2 on tv. Attributing it to Broussard.

  18. #15
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,615

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Can even the most adamant Lakers hater not think that they (along with the Rockets) have been royally screwed? I'm sure Jerry Buss is thrilled that the player he offered his second and third best players for (who also happen to be a top 5 big man and the reigning 6th man of the year, who in turn became so disgruntled he had to trade him for absolutely nothing) will be playing in the building he built for another team.

    I think every Lakers hater can admit that all of those teams got a raw deal. No one hates the Lakers as much as Simmons and he had a great column about how big of BS it was.

    This won't be forgotten anytime soon.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  20. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,393

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    So the Clippers are trading what could be an entire starting line-up away to the Hornets for Chris Paul?

  21. #17
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    That's a much better deal for NOH, although Gordon is a RFA next summer. They can still match any offer if he doesn't take the 1-year qualifying offer and the Minny pick has the potential to be a good lottery pick.

    That's a slightly better deal for the Hornets because the players involved are younger and cheaper than who they were rumored to be getting in that 3-way Lakers deal.

  22. #18
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Am I the only one that thinks giving up Gordon and Minny's pick is a pretty big ransom for Paul? I mean Gordon is perhaps the best young two way player in the entire NBA. He can guard the one and the two...Minny's pick is likely top 5...I dunno, seems like a lot.

    I feel bad for EJ if it's true.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  24. #19
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one that thinks giving up Gordon and Minny's pick is a pretty big ransom for Paul? I mean Gordon is perhaps the best young two way player in the entire NBA. He can guard the one and the two...Minny's pick is likely top 5...I dunno, seems like a lot.

    I feel bad for EJ if it's true.
    It's giving up a ton for Paul. But he's worth it.

    I think Eric Gordon is fantastic. I would have done everything in my power to not include him but if that is what it takes to get Paul, you still have to do it.

    And yes, it really sucks for EJ. It also sucks for NBA fans. Paul, EJ, and Griffin would have been a joy to watch.

    If there was one player that was a lock to be a star in this coming draft, I think they could have gotten away without including EJ. But I don't see that player in college basketball right now. There's plenty of depth in this draft but I don't see the top of it being as good as year's past.
    Last edited by BRushWithDeath; 12-12-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  25. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,853
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one that thinks giving up Gordon and Minny's pick is a pretty big ransom for Paul? I mean Gordon is perhaps the best young two way player in the entire NBA. He can guard the one and the two...Minny's pick is likely top 5...I dunno, seems like a lot.

    I feel bad for EJ if it's true.
    EJ is not in the deal. They aren't trading EJ.


    I am so happy for EJ he deserves a pg who can pass after years of Baron Davis. This will really help EJ's game IMO and he and the Clippers will be a lot more fun to watch this year than the past 3 was.

    kudos to the Clippers GM they arent giving up much besides the Minney pick IMO. Aminu is a lost puppy on the court and Bledsoe doesn't have a position yet he is a few years away.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-12-2011 at 09:39 AM.

  26. #21
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,935

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess the silver lining in this whole thing is that the best point guard in a generation is going to be working for a likeable owner.
    A likeable owner?

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  28. #22
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    If EJ is included, I no longer like the deal for the Clips.

  29. #23
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,292

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A likeable owner?
    Did I say likeable? That's a typo. I meant devil incarnate.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  31. #24
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 1 min Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Eric Gordon isn't included in a revised Clippers-New Orleans deal for Chris Paul, league source tells Y! Sports.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  33. #25

    Default Re: Chris Paul to Clippers

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    EJ is not in the deal. They aren't trading EJ.


    I am so happy for EJ he deserves a pg who can pass after years of Baron Davis. This will really help EJ's game IMO and he and the Clippers will be a lot more fun to watch this year than the past 3 was.

    kudos to the Clippers GM they arent giving up much besides the Minney pick IMO. Aminu is a lost puppy on the court and Bledsoe doesn't have a position yet he is a few years away.
    ESPN is reporting EJ IS involved

Similar Threads

  1. Hornets may deal Chris Paul
    By Really? in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 07:29 AM
  2. Chris Paul on Family Feud
    By Lance George in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 01:18 AM
  3. Paul Kuharsky criticizes the Polians
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 08:12 PM
  4. A Chris Paul story from high school ....
    By xBulletproof in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 09:33 AM
  5. Chris Paul and Bobcat rumors have merit IMO
    By NappyRootz in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •