Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

STANKO!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At least Brad Miller could draw some contact and score, and get some rebounds, not to mention being a passing big. Not squeaky clean, but he does have a good history with us from the glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That wouldn't be bad but, i'd rather have one of their other centers who would LOVE to come to indy Brad Miller who would re-embrace the role that Foster played during the bulls series. Wolves do have 4 centers tho
    Now you've gone done it

You awakened the beast thatwas sleeping!
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

I wish we could just bring over Stanko, but I would like to get a young guy maybe Hassan Whiteside from Sacramento.

Quote Originally Posted by _The_Future_ View Post
    Pretty sure he would be 2nd string on our team if he were here
    Agree to disagree on Darko. It's irrelevant anyways--it's not gonna happen.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    At least Brad Miller could draw some contact and score, and get some rebounds, not to mention being a passing big. Not squeaky clean, but he does have a good history with us from the glory days.

I would take an older B.Miller. At one time he said he wanted to come and play for the Pacers again. I think he might have said something about wanting to retire here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post

Plus didn't Miller say he wanted to come back to play for the Pacers again?

Quote Originally Posted by _The_Future_ View Post
    Trade for Darko Milicic
    I'm not too opposed to this, actually. Posey for Darko?

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

If CP3 goes to the Clips and Clips sign Deandre for 10 mil per. They have to get rid of of about 16 mil if I looked at the numbers right. So, we could get in on that and get Kaman. Send Rush and 2nd pick to Hornets. Maybe send Rush, Mayo, Hans, 2nd and a 1st pick to Hornets and get Kaman and Gordon.

lol

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

We posted that at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    I would take an older B.Miller. At one time he said he wanted to come and play for the Pacers again. I think he might have said something about wanting to retire here.

LOL! We posted the samething at 9:22!

How would you feel about bringing JO back for 1 year until Stanko can come over next year? Defensive big on the last year of his deal ($6M). I know he's said he'd like to retire a Pacer.

I'm certain Boston would take a straight salary dump for him. They're paying him $12M when you consider the tax.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    if you guys haven't noticed, at this moment we don't have anybody to replace Roy
    There's two active threads discussing this very problem. One of them is the thread you're posting in.

I'd say it's been noticed.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

If the Pacers are truly done with Brandon Rush (I'm not), a trade for Brad Miller works.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    How would you feel about bringing JO back for 1 year until Stanko can come over next year? Defensive big on the last year of his deal ($6M). I know he's said he'd like to retire a Pacer.

I'm certain Boston would take a straight salary dump for him. They're paying him $12M when you consider the tax.
    They'd have to throw in a draft pick.

And I like Jermaine. But that's the whole point of being in a position to absorb salary... you make people pay you.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    If the Pacers are truly done with Brandon Rush (I'm not), a trade for Brad Miller works.
    If we pick up Mayo, Rush is the 4th-string SG at best.

Time to move on.

Enjoy your time at PD!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Default Re: We need another center

Man, that kid has added some mass since his rookie year.
    Last edited by Anthem; 12-11-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    I like Brad, but...
    there was a reason other then money that the Pacers did not go all in to keep him.
    Trading one pot-head for another, esp for one much older on a longer, bigger deal is not the answer.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

This is mainly the slight problem I have with re-signing Foster. Besides the fact he's into the end of his career and injuries and games missed have become more frequent, he's never particularly been an answer to the Pacers inside.

He's been an energizer bunny, a hard worker, a good soldier... etc.... And he's been so good at those things that the FO can't just quite try and find an upgrade at his position. We keep counting on him and expecting certain things. But he's not really the guy to give us those things.

He's a very good rebounder statistically, but he's not a good rebounder for that one offensive rebound you need late in the game. Early in games his offense is so poor that people typically don't account for him with a defender. This gives him a lane to the basket and room to operate. But by late in the game teams have adjusted for that or they will for the 'big play' with the clock ticking down. They know to put a body on him. Also, the NBA is pretty bad about allowing players to use not only their muscles to leverage someone out of the way but they allow for little tricks which basically is taking away a guys arms for a second or pushing him off his spot just at the opportune time. And of course this get worse at crunch time because refs swallow their whistles.

Foster is usually the guy on the receiving end of that stuff.

You take Foster away from the team and you force the FO to work hard to fill that backup PF/C spot with a physical presence, and potentially a scoring threat too. But as it is, Foster is like that guy that the FO likes for a lot of good reasons, but maybe some of them would fade in a bigger picture view.

So yeah... I agree with the premise we need a strong backup 5 who could contend and push for the starting spot. I'm just worried now that we've re-signed Foster it again won't be the priority it should be.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post

I'm not interested in JO at 6 mil, unless they are interested in taking Posey.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    If we pick up Mayo, Rush is the 4th-string SG at best.

Time to move on.
    I agree. I was saying (rather poorly) that I'm not sure I'd move him for Brad Miller. If Mayo is here, BRush would never see the floor anyway.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Ok, so easy options include:

Stanko - Time to bring him over from Europe?
    Fesenko - Free agent, made 1M last year.
    Jermaine - 6mil, would depend on what Celtics would give us to take him.

Harder options include:
    Brad Miller - Making 4mil in last year of deal with Rockets.
    Speights - Still under contract in Philly.
    ?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Ok, so easy options include:

Stanko - Time to bring him over from Europe?
    Fesenko - Free agent, made 1M last year.
    Jermaine - 6mil, would depend on what Celtics would give us to take him.

Harder options include:
    Brad Miller - Making 4mil in last year of deal with Rockets.
    Speights - Still under contract in Philly.
    ?
    FYI Brad Miller plays for the Twolves one of the 1m trades Khan made on draft night he flipped him for Johnny Flynn and a pick I believe.

JO shouldn't be an option IMO the guy is toast. Unless they give us the Clippers 1st rd pick then we can talk about getting JO.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-11-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Is Tyrus Thomas still obtainable?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fesenko is big and tough. Big body behind Roy. Not the most mobile though. Would give us quality minutes.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."