Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 167

Thread: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

  1. #26
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Jarrid Famous?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  2. #27

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to see what Pendergraph can do in that role. He's 6'10 and plays even bigger than his size. He's unproven, but he's cheap and seems to have a bit of upside. If hibbert continues to improve his ability to stay out of foul trouble I think that Pendergraph will be adequate as a 3rd string center (unless Jeff is out a ton).

    Centers tend to be overpriced, I wouldn't be crazy about sinking a ton of money into a backup.

    Anyone have the measurements of the players from 09 where Pendergraph was measured?

    For some reason, I have this feeling he's a PF like Hans, and not Center material. To me now is the time to find a b/u Center not when Foster or Hibbert goes down with an injury. Then it's who in the NBADL can we get in a hurry.

  3. #28

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Does Przybilla have anything left in the tank?

  4. #29

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Joel Prizbilla? Has he signed anywhere?

  5. #30
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by _The_Future_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade for Darko Milicic
    Gross.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  7. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,007

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    I agree with bringing over Stanko. In my opinion now is the best time to bring him over, and see what he can do.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  9. #32
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    If we can't get Mayo for him just sign McRoberts for ourselves.

  10. #33
    Stirring the pot _The_Future_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bloomington,IN
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gross.
    Hes not that expensive and he had a decent year last year.
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

    IU > Kentucky

    Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

    “And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

  11. #34

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kaman could be a nice candidate, if you guys haven't notice, at this moment we don't have anybody to replace Roy if he get's hurt or his feelings get hurt again and I don't think Foster is that guy.

    I like the idea of Kaman. He's pricey, but he's an expiring too. What would it cost the Pacers to get him?

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  13. #35
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,801
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Dalembert ever find a home? Too pricey?
    He hasn't yet.

    I expect that Larry will trade some of our unwanteds for a backup 5 tho.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  14. #36
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...gents-consider

    Kyrylo Fesenko, C
    The Russian center probably is never going to be an offensive threat. He's not a good free throw shooter (career mark of 39.8 percent) and during his tenure with the Utah Jazz he was criticized for a perceived lack of focus. But it's his defense that teams will find attractive. At 7-foot-1, he's big, active and moves well for his size.


    Fesenko
    Consider this: According to Synergy Sports, Fesenko ranked as the second-best defender in the league among NBA players who faced 150 opponent plays or more in 2010-11. In 2009-10, he ranked first in that category. Further, according to 82games.com, the Jazz's defense was 10 points better per 100 possessions with him on the floor (102.5) than when he was off it (112.5) last season.

    The downside is he is foul prone, with a career mark of one foul per every 4.94 minutes on the floor, which limits his playing time. But if a team is looking for solid defense from a backup center, Fesenko certainly provides it. And he'll turn 25 just before the start of the season, which should mean he's got plenty of NBA mileage left.

    Finishing financial touch: With a host of teams after him in a shallow free-agent pool, and his stock sky high after a title run with the Dallas Mavericks, Chandler's market value should be significantly more than the $12.6 million he made last season. Fesenko has the ability to bring similar strong defense for much less, as he likely won't cost more than a few million per year at most if he receives a multiyear offer. (He played for the Jazz's qualifying offer of just $1,087,500 last season.)

    Scout's take: "In this case, stats don't lie. Fesenko's huge presence and long right arm (which he holds upright constantly when playing defense) impact the entire offensive flow of the opponent. He's never come close to reaching his overall potential, but if given consistent minutes each game I could see him learning how to play without fouling and becoming known as one of the top low-post defenders in the NBA." -- Thorpe

    ================================================== =

    Can't score but, we don't really need him to with the offensive talent we have now with west. If we add mayo I think we'd need to look at fesenko.
    I'm a Beast

  15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorge For This Useful Post:


  16. #37
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,169

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Not sure who's out there? Elson, Dampier, Speights?, Gadz.

  17. #38

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Does Przybilla have anything left in the tank?

    I read last week he was thinking about retiring.

  18. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the idea of Kaman. He's pricey, but he's an expiring too. What would it cost the Pacers to get him?
    Not sure but at this moment it looks like he is on his way to NO for CP3, we could maybe get in that

  19. #40
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by _The_Future_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hes not that expensive and he had a decent year last year.
    For a third-string center who likely wouldn't see the court very much, he would be very expensive.

  20. #41

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Fesenko seems to be the best choice out of the free agents.

    Not many choices out there in free agency or trade.

  21. #42
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Otherwise I say go after amnesty players with the last 3-4 slots as a first priority. Are there any big men expected to be waived?
    Andrea Bargnani has been mentions on espn insider for amnesty
    I'm a Beast

  22. #43

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Where's Jon Edwards when you need him?

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to MaHa3000 For This Useful Post:


  24. #44
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,296

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Trade for Pekovic.

  25. #45

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Not sure who's out there? Elson, Dampier, Speights?, Gadz.

    Speights definately interests me! He's still on a rookie contract and is a PF/C. IIRC, I believe I read last week Philly was interested in trading him.

  26. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We need another center

    Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can Speights play center? I was hoping for someone like Aaron Gray nut he went to the Raptors
    Judging by where Philly plays him most, he's a center who sometimes plays PF, not vice versa.

    Marreese Speights' Percentage of Minutes @ Center
    08-09: 68%
    09-10: 76%
    10-11: 94%

    He's listed at 6-foot-10, 255 pounds...


  27. #47

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    I'm looking to see where Fesenko lands. I'm not sure if Indiana is the right place, but a bit more about him... He has okay hands and is a powerful (not elaborate) dunker. He's a thick, enormous, broad-shouldered guy with tremendous strength. He's not a shot blocker, and he doesn't have a high basketball IQ, but his defense is tremendous because of the way he can get into the paint and pushes around most offensive big men.

    He fouls at a high rate mostly because he seems to be playing on pure adrenaline when he steps onto the court. His hands are pushing and swiping away before his brain knows what's going on.

    An added benefit of this is that for many opponents, once they're on the court with this big monster and he's hacked them a couple of times, they get shy on offense and shrink away from the pain.

    He's an average rebounder.
    He's a better passer than his stats would seem to indicate.
    He'll never be a "good" NBA player, and yet I think he belongs in the NBA and will make a positive contribution to a team that knows how to utilize a bruiser off the bench.

  28. #48
    Stirring the pot _The_Future_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bloomington,IN
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For a third-string center who likely wouldn't see the court very much, he would be very expensive.
    Pretty sure he would be 2nd string on our team if he were here
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

    IU > Kentucky

    Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

    “And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to _The_Future_ For This Useful Post:


  30. #49
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade for Pekovic.
    That wouldn't be bad but, i'd rather have one of their other centers who would LOVE to come to indy Brad Miller who would re-embrace the role that Foster played during the bulls series. Wolves do have 4 centers tho
    I'm a Beast

  31. #50
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Fesenko is my guy, I talked about him earlier in the year. He would be fine back up center, because all you want him to do is clog the paint and rebound the ball. I'd sign him to a 3 year deal as well.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN 5on 5 with the Indiana Pacers
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 11:29 PM
  2. Rosen: Pacers shut up Celtics
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 04:59 PM
  3. Mark Montieth: Pacers Q&A, 02/10/05
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 11:18 AM
  4. Star Article, Pacers don't want to gut roster.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •