Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 167

Thread: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

  1. #1

    Default Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    The Pacers have 5 Bigs

    Hibbert
    Hans
    West
    Foster
    Pendergraph

    The Pacers need another b/u Center, b/c Foster might have another round of injury issues. Bird wants a strong, so who can the Pacers get? Can Stanko play center well enough to be a b/u? Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    The Pacers do need an additional front court player. But for now, the depth chart would have to show Foster as the backup. If Foster cannot answer the bell, then we would have to go small ball, with either Hansbrough or Penderwho backing up Hibbert.

  3. #3
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Don't know what it would cost, but I'd like to have Kwame Brown.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default We need another center

    You've got Roy starting and Jeff backing him up. If Jeff ever misses a game this season, we've got no backup 5. I don't want to see West or Tyler get time there this year.

    What are our options? Besides Stanko, is there anyone out there better for that role than McBob?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. #5
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We need another center

    I assume Pendergraph would fill that role.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    I'd like to see what Pendergraph can do in that role. He's 6'10 and plays even bigger than his size. He's unproven, but he's cheap and seems to have a bit of upside. If hibbert continues to improve his ability to stay out of foul trouble I think that Pendergraph will be adequate as a 3rd string center (unless Jeff is out a ton).

    Centers tend to be overpriced, I wouldn't be crazy about sinking a ton of money into a backup.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We need another center

    Did 2 of the same basic thread open in like 10 minutes? Really?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  11. #8
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: We need another center

    This can be merged with the other identical thread. Great minds think alike.

    And ours, too.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We need another center

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I assume Pendergraph would fill that role.
    Yeah he was the back-up PF/C for Portland before his injury.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  14. #10
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: We need another center

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did 2 of the same basic thread open in like 10 minutes? Really?
    Yeah, wild. His wasn't there when I started mine.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  15. #11
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Did Dalembert ever find a home? Too pricey?
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  16. #12
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Yeah, like I said in the other thread on the subject--I think Pendergraph is pegged for that Solomon Jones-esque role. An upgrade if you ask me.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We need another center

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, wild. His wasn't there when I started mine.
    Wasn't trying to sound like a douche lol just wondering
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  19. #14
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: We need another center

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah he was the back-up PF/C for Portland before his injury.
    You've got two guys coming off knee surgery, Foster's back history, and Tyler's cranium.

    This team needs a sixth big.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    I like Fesenko here for his defensive presence and likely low cost.

    7'1", and complementary to the high amount of offense we have on the bench. Excellent complement I bet to Hansbrough.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  23. #16

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Did Dalembert ever find a home? Too pricey?


    Way too pricey.

    Last I read the Mavs had interest.

  24. #17
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,942

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Dalembert ever find a home? Too pricey?
    I'd take him in a heartbeat...if I thought he wouldn't ask for more than we want to pay.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  25. #18

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    If the Pacers sign another big man it will be of the Jeff Pendergraph/Solomon Jones type level. Maybe one of the training camp invitees.
    Last edited by Aw Heck; 12-11-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  26. #19

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    The Rockets could've amnestied Thabeet with a Gasol signing but that won't happen now.

    It'd be a decent time to bring over Stanko.

  27. #20
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: We need another center

    I think the team needs someone to complement Hansbrough, and is cheap/young. As I said in the other thread, a good pick here might by K. Fesenko, who played for Utah last year.

  28. #21
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: We need another center

    I agree, Maybe Larry has something for Rush, Jones, Stephenson, Price, Posey, ect. in a trade for a quality back-up 5.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  29. #22
    Stirring the pot _The_Future_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bloomington,IN
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Trade for Darko Milicic
    FOLLOW ME: @WarnerSays

    IU > Kentucky

    Biggest PHILLIES PHAN in Indiana

    “And as I go,I go with just a few words left to say,a few words I want to address to Colts fans everywhere, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback. Thank you.”
    - Peyton Manning

  30. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,946

    Default Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Well, we really didn't have anyone in that role last year unless you count Solo but that's not to say that we shouldn't.
    I asked this in another thread, but what if Nene chooses us? We could afford it if we waive Posey and it still wouldn't hurt us long term.
    I have no idea how we would work out the rotation but we'd likely flip someone. I'd say take him if the option is there.
    Otherwise I say go after amnesty players with the last 3-4 slots as a first priority. Are there any big men expected to be waived?

  31. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Cool Re: Pacers Need Another B/U Center- Who?

    Kaman could be a nice candidate, if you guys haven't notice, at this moment we don't have anybody to replace Roy if he get's hurt or his feelings get hurt again and I don't think Foster is that guy.

  32. #25
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,170

    Default Re: We need another center

    Can Speights play center? I was hoping for someone like Aaron Gray nut he went to the Raptors

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN 5on 5 with the Indiana Pacers
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 11:29 PM
  2. Rosen: Pacers shut up Celtics
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 04:59 PM
  3. Mark Montieth: Pacers Q&A, 02/10/05
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 11:18 AM
  4. Star Article, Pacers don't want to gut roster.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •