Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

  1. #1
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,968

    Exclamation WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    I just wanted to make a thread for David from all of us at Pacers Digest , welcoming him to our fine organization... The INDIANA PACERS ...


    Let's all show him some love P.D. ...









    Note: no off-topic bickering , stick to the topic at hand..
    Last edited by Kemo; 12-11-2011 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,604

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Welcome David West....

    Make another All-Star team, I dare you.

  4. #3
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,471

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Welcome Mr. West!

  5. #4

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Mr. West is in the building.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

    rel

  7. #5
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Thrilled to have you, looking forward to this year!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  8. #6

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    WELCOME DAVID WEST!! I Hope ur as excited to be here as we are to have u!

  9. #7
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!



    You're all welcome.



    EDIT: Don't lie, a good portion of you hit the play button and proceeded to read the rest of this thread. You know you did.
    Last edited by Day-V; 12-11-2011 at 06:30 PM.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    2012 Playoffs, round 1: 3rd seed Boston Celtics vs. 6th seed Indiana Pacers. Show the Celtics what they missed out on, Mr. West.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,191

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Welcome David! From his wiki page:

    West is extremely interested in "black history, philosophy and various societal issues" and has been cited by Chris Paul as being the smartest New Orleans Hornets player.[6]


    West graduated from Xavier with a bachelor of arts degree in Communications. He is also an accomplished musician who plays the tuba.



    He and his wife, Lesley, have one daughter, Dasia,[7] and one son, David Benjamin.[8]


    West also loves to make mixtapes for his teammates, saying that it is a healthy habit that keeps him "in the house and off [his] feet".[2]


    West comes from a family of above-average height. His mother, Harriet, is 6 feet (1.8 m) tall (1.83 m), while his father, Amos, is 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m).


    West has a Xavier "X" tattooed on his arm which displays, on either side, "My life, my way".[9] The X is a tribute to his alma mater Xavier University.


    Awesome.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  15. #10

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    I'll ignore the unfortunate Xavier part. Welcome, David!

  16. #11
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2012 Playoffs, round 1: 3rd seed Boston Celtics vs. 6th seed Indiana Pacers. Show the Celtics what they missed out on, Mr. West.
    I'm thinking more of a 4 vs 5 series.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  18. #12

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Signing West makes us such a better offensive team immediately. I'm excited to see how Collison and West work together. Wooooot

  19. #13
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm thinking more of a 4 vs 5 series.
    Heck yeah. With us having home-court advantage.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  21. #14
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    West comes from a family of above-average height. His mother, Harriet, is 6 feet (1.8 m) tall (1.83 m), while his father, Amos, is 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m).
    Awesome. I'm 6'5" and my wife is 6'1". Maybe we can have a future NBA player.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  23. #15
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    West = Ticket to face a west team in a playoff series. I hope. WELCOME, DAVID!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  24. #16
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Whoa, just got a chance to check PD at work and I see this and the eagles won? Sweet deal! Welcome david

  25. #17
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Great to have you as a Indiana Pacers, David West!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  26. #18
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,234

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome. I'm 6'5" and my wife is 6'1". Maybe we can have a future NBA player.
    I actually thought that when I married my wife. I'm only 5'10, but my wife is 5'7. Her family is pretty tall. Her dad is like 6'6".

    If I get a son that will be 6'3", he could be a great baseball player, and NFL player, or an NBA point guard.

    Oh, and welcome to the team David West!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  27. #19
    A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    27
    Posts
    411

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Welcome D-Dub.

    And keep things civil with our Cinci gaurd
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

    RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard_Skull For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,234

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Skull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome D-Dub.

    And keep things civil with our Cinci gaurd
    haha good point.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  30. #21
    Pacers rock Winner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Here we come 47 win season! Welcome David!!!

  31. #22

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Thank God for a trace that fell threw and for once the Pacers were able to capitalize on it.

    Pacers Gains so far this season:

    David West - PF (Welcome Aboard! Didn't think we'd land him though)
    Jeff Pendergraph - PF
    George Hill - Combo Guard

    Pacers Losses:

    Dunleavy - Signs w/Bucks
    TJ Ford - Signs w/Spurs

    Eventual Losses:

    McRoberts - Still a FA; will likely sign elsewhere
    Posey - Likely amnesty victim
    S. Jones - FA

    Re-Acquisitions:

    Jeff Foster (will retire a Pacer)

    Roster Make-up:

    Likely Starter/Reserve

    Hibbert/Foster - C
    West/Hansborough - PF
    Granger/P. George - SF
    G. Hill/L. Stevenson - SG
    Collison/Price - PG

    Bench:

    Pendergraph - PF/C
    D. Jones - SF/SG
    BRush - SG

    I like this new direction the Pacers appear to be head. Tough-minded players with tons of potential who will push each other hard to bring their "A" game each night!

    Can't wait for the 2011-2012 season to start!!

  32. #23
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,263
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    Welcome! Best West in the East. At this rate, I may have to change my avatar again.

  33. #24
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,174

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    David West IS walking through that door.

  34. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: WELCOME TO THE PACERS , DAVID WEST!

    He's also the 3rd most influential NBAer from lovely Teaneck, New Jersey (in scenic Bergen County!). After Coach Lawrence Frank and...Commissioner David Stern.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 05:40 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 03:00 PM
  3. Star Editorial: City should stand up to Pacers
    By Putnam in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
  4. Good explanation of the Pacers lease situation...
    By Iceman1 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 10:26 AM
  5. David Thorpe on draft prospects
    By Placebo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 01:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •