Thread: Ultimate Day of Irony

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ultimate Day of Irony

Saturday December 10, 2011

What a lousy day it turned out to be.

I actually had a weekend day where I had no outside responsibility. What a day, because I could go deer hunting with my bro-in-law. Um, no he can't go due to a rear brake drum locking up on his truck and a $200 tow to the repair shop.
    So OK, I'll call my son and go with him....he's always off and willing to go deer hunting on a weekend. But no, he's got to get a roof put on before bad weather comes in.
    So here I am FINALLY having a day off and nobody to go hunting with.

But that''s the best news for the day....it gets worse.

So I dutifully staed home to do chores around the house while anxiously waiting on the IU game. Finally the game comes on and I'm blissfully watching the first half as the wife is locked away writing final exams. Thats an all day high intense session for her. As it happend, she came out of the office just as the 2nd half was starting and asked if she could sit with me, watch a tv show we had recorded, and have some dinner.
    Showing compassion for her loneliness, I agreed and set the game to record on the DVR figuring on watching the game when she was rested.
    Disturbing my quiet impatience, Geezer Jr. called all excited to share with me the glorious news of IU's victory (mind you, I DO NOT like to be told the outcome early). I could only laugh about the situation because he was soooo happy. It's ok I thought I'll watch it anyway and enjoy the glory of it all. Anticipating the end of our show and the return of my tv, Mrs Geezer decided she was in no hurry to get back to work. Not wanting to be a jerk...afterall I already knew the outcome...we ended up watching nearly 3 hrs of shows we normally watch together throughout the week. In the meantime, Geezer Jr's older brother text me to say how nuts Bloomington was and how it was all over the TV.
    FINALLY FINALLY I told the wife that I wanted to watch the game and she sheepishly slunk off to her office to finish writing exams.
    Somewhat anti-climatically I turned on the game and watched. Even tho I knew what was coming I was set to enjoy the celebration anyway. The DVR quit recording with 2 minutes to go in the game.
    Last edited by indygeezer; 12-11-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ultimate Day of Irony

ESPN3 has the full game on replay if needed.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Ok I don't get it. Murphy justice?

Murphy's Law.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sucks to hear. ESPN Classic is replaying it Monday evening.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Mood

Wow, I had a similar day with nothing going right on Saturday. First I go to start the truck and the check oil level light came on. No big deal, ran to the gas station and filled it up. Went to pick up an engine and got lost. Luckily my brother-in-law was there with me for the voice of reason. Finally picked up the engine to race home to watch the game. A neighbor cutting a small tree down knocked the power out and I missed the game. Before I could wtach it on replay I had a friend call me to tell me about it. I decided to tear the engine down and ran into problem after problem. I guess if something that was put together in 1966 it will resist to being taken apart.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, I had a similar day with nothing going right on Saturday. First I go to start the truck and the check oil level light came on. No big deal, ran to the gas station and filled it up. Went to pick up an engine and got lost. Luckily my brother-in-law was there with me for the voice of reason. Finally picked up the engine to race home to watch the game. A neighbor cutting a small tree down knocked the power out and I missed the game. Before I could wtach it on replay I had a friend call me to tell me about it. I decided to tear the engine down and ran into problem after problem. I guess if something that was put together in 1966 it will resist to being taken apart.
    Welcome to my world. LOL Sorry to hear you had so much trouble. Hey if the power was out and you couldn't watch the game how the heck did you see to tear the engine apart? Could that be why you ran into problem after problem?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

No, the power went out at the house we have. I was working at our other house we are trying to sell. I learned my lesson and have a small tv there now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post: