Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49

Thread: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

  1. #1
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,250

    Default Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    I just posted this in a thread reply. It really makes a lot of sense. They were both college legends who were both doubted by the critics that they could play effectively at the next level. They both have a very unorthodox style(Tyler looks awkward at times) but it seems both have overcome this somewhat by giving flat out 100 percent. Will either one ever make an all star team though? Only time will tell. A new term: You just got PSYCHO'D!
    Last edited by presto123; 12-10-2011 at 02:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,805
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    I don't know. While both are unorthodox at times I think Tyler has a better chance to succeed because he isn't the main piece of his team whereas Tebow is the QB. I don't know though, Tim is undefeated right?
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  3. #3

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Tyler isn't as outspoken or as obnoxious as Tim. The whole college legend to doubtful pro angle I can see.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,250

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler isn't as outspoken or as obnoxious as Tim. The whole college legend to doubtful pro angle I can see.
    I've never seen Tim as obnoxious. I guess he's outspoken about his religious beliefs but both seem fairly humble to me.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Somewhat.

  8. #6

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Tebow relies on Jesus, Hansbrough relies on the weight room.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aceace For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Member trs72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Valparaiso
    Age
    42
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just posted this in a thread reply. It really makes a lot of sense. They were both college legends who were both doubted by the critics that they could play effectively at the next level. They both have a very unorthodox style(Tyler looks awkward at times) but it seems both have overcome this somewhat by giving flat out 100 percent. Will either one ever make an all star team though? Only time will tell. A new term: You just got PSYCHO'D!
    LOL, I told my wife Tyler is the Tebow of the NBA. He does things differently than others but is a winner and will have to continue to prove himself over and over.
    When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my @$$ - Bobby Knight

    I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball - Pete Rose

  11. #8
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,250

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tebow relies on Jesus, Hansbrough relies on the weight room.
    Tebow's arms are HUGE. I don't think Jesus did all of that I can imagine those safties HATE having to tackle Tebow.

  12. #9
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    No
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  13. #10
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Jimmer is the Tebow of the NBA...

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tebow relies on Jesus, Hansbrough relies on the weight room.
    Jesus did carry that cross & moved that bolder, both were pretty impressive, so there is more in common then you think!
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  16. #12
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,603

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    In a way, yes.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  17. #13
    Member GizzyStardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Let's hope so because Tebow frickin' rocks!

  18. #14
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,360

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    In that their fans overrate them more than the players themselves (who both seem to be hard workers who don't have overinflated egos) Yes....

    ...While their detractors cannot see any or much good in them (while the players themselves continue to work hard and don't seem to do anything to harm the team and play within themselves)... yes...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  20. #15

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Tebow should get a crown of thorns painted on his helmet.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  21. #16

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Limited hardworking players that are overrated by a fanatical fan base? I think I can see the comparison.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:


  23. #17
    the goat Haywoode Workman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    I am a Tebow fan. Just seems like a genuinely positive dude. Can't beat that.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:


  25. #18
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,255

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    I've used this comparison for my friends who don't follow the NBA, of which there are many.

    Its a convienient comparison, if a bit oversimplified.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:


  27. #19

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haywoode Workman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am a Tebow fan. Just seems like a genuinely positive dude. Can't beat that.
    I generally like the guy and wish him well, but I can't bear it when people insist on publicizing their religious beliefs and allegiance to their religion during just about every interview. So in that respect, he and Tyler are different, and I hope they remain different at least in that respect.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,296

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    They are similar in the way that they both are 2 of the best players at their sport ever in college, when they were both drafted they had critics who thought they went to high, and they both are big strong guys who don't play the game/position the way most others play it. Now saying that, I think Tyler fits more in the NBA than Tebow fits into the NFL. With Tebow, the Broncos are having to change their whole offense to make things work with him. Tyler on the other hand plays an a little unorthodoxed, but the Pacers didn't have to change their whole game plan to accomadate his style of play.
    Now off the court/field I think they are probably nothing alike. Tyler has those crazy videos of ping pong and jumping off of a house into a pool. Tebow probably spends his off time in church.

  30. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    I've been pulling for Tebow to succeed for a few years now just because I like to see overly negative people, like Tebow haters (many of whom seem to be anti-religion bigots), get shown up. That all indications are Tebow's an outstanding human being makes me wanna see him stick it to his haters even more.

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tebow relies on Jesus, Hansbrough relies on the weight room.
    Cutesy but nonfactual.

    6'3" Tim Tebow weighed 236 lb. at the NFL combine.
    6'9" Tyler Hansbrough weighed 234 lb. at the NBA combine.

    Despite being six-inches shorter, Tebow still outweighed the muscular Hansbrough by two-pounds. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say those aren't fat pounds, either.



    I think Hansbrough was the NBA's version of Tebow, but has silenced his critics enough that they've moved on to new things to irrationally and obnoxiously hate, like Jimmer Fredette.
    Last edited by Lance George; 12-10-2011 at 07:20 AM.

  31. #22
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tebow should get a crown of thorns painted on his helmet.
    So because the guy is an unapologetic Christian who (from my limited knowledge of him) does all he can to be a positive role model, we should throw garbage like this out at him?

    ... Nice

    Living in SoCal, I am quite used to seeing people of faith (of which I myself am counted) get mocked and made out to be the 'bad guys'. But here on PD I think we are better than that.

    Wow.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  33. #23
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,284
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    As a proud Christian myself, I like that Tebow is outspoken about his faith. Is that what makes him good? Not a chance. His hard work in the practice facilities does that. What makes Tim Tebow "Tebow" is proving everyone wrong over and over. Has Tyler done that? Somewhat. Can he make a bigger impact to further prove himself? Absolutely. Please, enough about his religion.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  34. #24
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,749

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tebow relies on Jesus, Hansbrough relies on the weight room.
    Well then, I'll be praying for Tyler.

  35. #25
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Is Tyler The Tim Tebow Of The NBA?

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tebow relies on Jesus, Hansbrough relies on the weight room.
    That seems way unfair. How do you know Tebow doesnt lift weights

Similar Threads

  1. Tyler Hansbrough: Man On A Mission
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 06:28 PM
  2. Article on Tyler Hansbroughs older brother Greg.
    By PacersPride in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 11:56 PM
  3. Tyler begins his campaign to make me eat crow
    By Naptown_Seth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 09:25 PM
  4. Do you think Management is forcing Obie to play Tyler?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 02:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •