Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Is bender going to play in the opener??

  1. #1

    Default Is bender going to play in the opener??

    I've looked all over the pacers website and it just has him listed as injured, but not for how long or anything like that. I'm wondering cuz I'm going to the game on saturday against the Bulls and Bender has always been my fav.

  2. #2
    Member scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Milford, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,043
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    I've heard that Bender should be ready to play in the season opener. But things can change. He practiced yesterday, but in limit fashion. So it's 50/50 for that game, but I imagine he should be ready to go by Saturday. Although, this is Bender we are talking about.

  3. #3
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,889
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    If I was a betting man I would bet ...No , He won't be ready

  4. #4
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Yeah, of course he will.


    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

    "What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  5. #5
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Bender's injured?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. #6
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Centralia, Pennsylvania
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,396
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bender's injured?
    It's just a flesh wound...

    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  7. #7
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bender's injured?
    As Ron would say, "He's not injured, you know, he just got hurt a little bit......"




    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  8. #8
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    I think he will play until shortly after the opening tip.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  9. #9
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    I think it's more likely than not, and I think he'll play about 15-20 min.

  10. #10
    GEL
    Guest

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    I'm thinking yes. Don't have any feel for how long, but I believe he will play.


  11. #11

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bender's injured?
    It's just a flesh wound...



    Your whole arm's off!

    I've had worse....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Ok lets play a game here....lets guess how long Bender will last before getting hurt again...

    I am going to say 13 minutes into game 1
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok lets play a game here....lets guess how long Bender will last before getting hurt again...

    I am going to say 13 minutes into game 1
    Probably trips trying to take off his warm-ups as he is entering game 1 and is done for the season

  14. #14
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    1 min 38.22 sec . . . but that might be a stretch.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  15. #15
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,218

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Serious prediction:

    He plays 15 minutes in game one. Between game one and two we learn the knee has inflamed and he's out another eight games.

    When he comes back, he plays well for three weeks and then goes down for another two months with a different type injury.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  16. #16
    Member Dukins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    911
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    He will play if he reaches his potential by tommorrow!!!! I hope gets there soon.


    2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

  17. #17
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1 min 38.22 sec . . . but that might be a stretch.
    I would like to adjust my prediction to 0.00.00.

    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  18. #18
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    I bet he plays like 16 minutes and gets 11 points.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  19. #19
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,889
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet he plays like 16 minutes and gets 11 points.
    Nice looking at the Box Score


  20. #20
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??



    Now if only I could fool RoboDoug...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  21. #21
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Somebody, wearing #24 and with a face like Bender's but a little bigger body played in the game.

    Looked really agressive, too. No 'dear in the headlights' moments.

    So no, I guess Bender didn't play.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  22. #22
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    I saw a guy wearing #24 pushing Tractor Traylor off of the block. The same guy was also defending Z. Did that Harrison kid beat up Lil' Jon and steal his jersey?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  23. #23
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Is bender going to play in the opener??

    Will Bender be playing in next years opener? Apparently he is having arthroscopic knee surgery on his right knee in the offseasson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •