Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 456

Thread: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

  1. #301

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    [QUOTE=BRushWithDeath;1310978]


    The Hornets will have to keep Paul, who through protest may never report back, for this season. They will then lose him in free agency. /QUOTE]


    I agree with they will lose CP3 to FA at the end of the year, but I strongly disagree he will sit out the season over protest. He's going to give up 16 mil to protest? NO WAY!

    After he plays out the season, he can pick and chose where he wants to go as a FA.

  2. #302
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,806
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    [QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1311045]
    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    The Hornets will have to keep Paul, who through protest may never report back, for this season. They will then lose him in free agency. /QUOTE]


    I agree with they will lose CP3 to FA at the end of the year, but I strongly disagree he will sit out the season over protest. He's going to give up 16 mil to protest? NO WAY!

    After he plays out the season, he can pick and chose where he wants to go as a FA.
    Which he should have just done in the first place.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  3. #303
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    After sleeping on this situation, I think the trade is very good, except for the Rockets, but that's their decision and their direction they want to go.

    I can't imagine a better trade coming to the Hornet's. I know some has said that the players the Hornets are getting are old and big contracts and the Hornets need young, low payroll for a sale of the team, but I disagree. Odom is a very good contract for veteran championship talent. Martin is one of the best shooter's in the league for a very fair contract. Scola is just a solid contract for his ability and the toughness he brings to a team. Goric, a very fair contract for him to come off the bench for 1.2mil a year. And they get draft pick(s). All these players are good assets and very tradable for the positive. Pacers could use Odom, Martin and Scola and I would love to have any of the them on our team. I wish we could have all these guys for just one of our players.

    It's totally lame for the Lakers not getting CP3, Lakers are giving up 2 championship allstar players for him, which is more then enough. Yes, this opens the door for salary to get Howard, but that is because Lakers have the assets to give and to get. Props to the Lakers for a job well done.

    Just cause the owners gave in on the CBA and didn't get their way with less movement, more restriction on players to balance the league, doesn't mean they should try and show their A-Hole now, when the trade is legit by NBA rules and the owners agreed too in the CBA.

    This is Lame and totally unexceptable by the league IMO.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  5. #304
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After sleeping on this situation, I think the trade is very good, except for the Rockets, but that's their decision and their direction they want to go.

    I can't imagine a better trade coming to the Hornet's. I know some has said that the players the Hornets are getting are old and big contracts and the Hornets need young, low payroll for a sale of the team, but I disagree. Odom is a very good contract for veteran championship talent. Martin is one of the best shooter's in the league for a very fair contract. Scola is just a solid contract for his ability and the toughness he brings to a team. Goric, a very fair contract for him to come off the bench for 1.2mil a year. And they get draft pick(s). All these players are good assets and very tradable for the positive. Pacers could use Odom, Martin and Scola and I would love to have any of the them on our team. I wish we could have all these guys for just one of our players.

    It's totally lame for the Lakers not getting CP3, Lakers are giving up 2 championship allstar players for him, which is more then enough. Yes, this opens the door for salary to get Howard, but that is because Lakers have the assets to give and to get. Props to the Lakers for a job well done.

    Just cause the owners gave in on the CBA and didn't get their way with less movement, more restriction on players to balance the league, doesn't mean they should try and show their A-Hole now, when the trade is legit by NBA rules and the owners agreed too in the CBA.

    This is Lame and totally unexceptable by the league IMO.
    The Hornets aren't a championship caliber team, so they don't need championship caliber veterans. If those assets are so easily tradeable then it shouldn't be hard to get more teams involved to get them the young talent and picks that they need.

    Also, Odom has never been an allstar.

  6. #305

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by pezasied182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure how Larry Bird felt about PG back in December, but if the Pacers were offered Scola or Odom straight up for George a year ago, my guess is JOB and others in the organization wouldn't object. Would that trade happen now? No, but a year ago when he was getting no playing time it could have been plausible.

    I could see Martin going to a team like the Bulls for Gibson (not straight up obviously,) Odom was almost just traded for the #2 pick in last years draft and also Andre Iguodala (not saying this is what would happen, but I'm saying he could pull in some assets) Scola would have a massive market, and Goran Dragic could get traded to the Timberwolves for a 1st rounder, Derrick Williams, and Beasley, Kahn really really likes young PGs

    There's trades out there for these players, just not for anyone currently on the Pacer's roster.

    However, I really don't think a eight man rotation of Ariza, Odom, Scola, Dragic, Martin, Jack, Okafor and Bellinelli would be too bad. They would contend for a playoff spot IMO, but obviously wouldn't be a factor for a championship. For a team that is desperately trying to win fans in NO and stay there, making the playoffs is important. Without this trade, I don't see it happening.
    Odom wasn't almost traded for the #2. They talked to the Wolves and Kahn asked for... Bynum. Who is the type of player that may have that sort of value. I doubt Odom would net more than a lottery protected pick and an expiring to match salaries or cap-space. I mean, the Pacers need a starting PF and they'll be in the hunt for a playoff spot - what would you be willing to give up for Odom now?

    Kevin Martin's last trade value was Carl Landry. The Hornets own his Bird rights and apparently won't sign him to a new contract. He's a MLE type of player. Of course, if Martin's salary was in the Taj Gibson ballpark, his value would skyrocket.

    What would exactly be Scola's massive value? The Pacers are one of the teams that should value Scola more: he covers their needs in terms of position and skills. A PF with shot-creation/scoring ability. What would Indiana be willing to pay for Scola? Say they miss on Nenę and it goes down to West vs Scola. West should be asking for a contract a bit higher, but on the same ballpark. You can get West for cap space or Scola for cap space and... what else are you willing to offer? A first round? For a player who's 2 years older, comparable scorer, a lesser defender and slightly better rebounder? I suppose so - as long as you can protect it. But would you really give up more than that? Maybe they can get Anthony Morrow, a pick and cap room from the Nets.

    In the end, those guys are worth a couple of late first rounders. Put all of this together and they aren't getting the Minny first rounder the Clippers were offering, Rondo or Bynum.

    -------

    I agree they could contend for a playoff spot. But is that the goal? To be a 8th seed for the next two years? And then what? Because this core will quickly get older. Or it's just important next season? If so, they'd be better by keeping their team from last year, that actually made the playoffs. Or keeping Gasol. At least they'd be in playoff contention for the duration of his contract. Heck, surround him with some quality role-players and you could win 50 games.

    The right choice for the Hornets is to rebuild. If that's the goal, this trade is nonsensical. You don't rebuild by staying in playoff contention with a more expensive and older team. If that's not the goal, this trade is still nonsensical.

    --------

    Nixing the trade was pathetic. Beyond stupid from Stern. But Demps should be fired right away, he's running that franchise to the ground.
    Last edited by cordobes; 12-09-2011 at 11:42 AM.

  7. #306
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Hornets aren't a championship caliber team, so they don't need championship caliber veterans. If those assets are so easily tradeable then it shouldn't be hard to get more teams involved to get them the young talent and picks that they need.

    Also, Odom has never been an allstar.
    First, you are wrong, Odom has been an NBA Allstar and he has won the sixth man award and he has won NBA championships.

    2nd, If CP3, West, Landry and their other FA's leave. The Hornets get acouple young players and picks from another trade. WTF will their team look like then. They can't get FA's, they are all leaving them. The talent level will be just awful. Atleast, this trade will save them face and have very good talent with the ability to improve.


    Also Lamar has much better stats then Nene and Lamar is 9mil with 2 yrs left on his cotract vs 4 yrs at possibly 14 mil for Nene. Really!

    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/617/lamar-odom
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 12-09-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  8. #307
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Which year was he an all star? Luke Walton has won championships too.

    Their team will look the same as it will look 2 years after they make the trade.

  9. #308
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,498

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    If anyone's thinking today, they will tweak the trade to perhaps get the hornets another pick or another young asset and push it through. Personally, I'm excited if this deal goes through. It looks all but decided that Dwight is going to New Jersey, so I really don't see how this will make the Lakers that much better if at all.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #309
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which year was he an all star? Luke Walton has won championships too.

    Their team will look the same as it will look 2 years after they make the trade.
    2000

    We are not talking about Walton, how lame to use him as an example.

    Ok, go away now plz.
    Go troll somewhere else.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  11. #310
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree they could contend for a playoff spot. But is that the goal? To be a 8th seed for the next two years?
    Am I crazy, or does this team look better than a questionable 8th seed?

    J.Jack/Dragic
    K.Mart/Jack
    Ariza/Ewing
    Scola/Odom/Andersen
    Okafur/Scola

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  13. #311
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,055

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    My opinion on this whole thing is I think it's ok to do what Carmelo and LBJ did to get to their new teams because one way or the other they were going to sign with them in the long run anyways. Chris Paul has no chance in hell signing with the Lakers or the Knicks next summer unless he plans on taking a severe pay cut in order to do it. If you are going to force a trade to a certain team, then that team had better be under the cap otherwise you lose your leverage in saying "well I'm signing with them anyways so trade me there so you at least get something in return". It's sad to say I agree with Gilbert on this issue, they might as well name the other small market teams the Generals.

    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin


  14. #312
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,498

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I crazy, or does this team look better than a questionable 8th seed?

    J.Jack/Dragic
    K.Mart/Jack
    Ariza/Ewing
    Scola/Odom/Andersen
    Okafur/Scola
    Their point guards aren't very good that's for sure.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #313
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My opinion on this whole thing is I think it's ok to do what Carmelo and LBJ did to get to their new teams because one way or the other they were going to sign with them in the long run anyways. Chris Paul has no chance in hell signing with the Lakers or the Knicks next summer unless he plans on taking a severe pay cut in order to do it. If you are going to force a trade to a certain team, then that team had better be under the cap otherwise you lose your leverage in saying "well I'm signing with them anyways so trade me there so you at least get something in return". It's sad to say I agree with Gilbert on this issue, they might as well name the other small market teams the Generals.
    Chris Paul did not force a trade to the Lakers!!!!

    I cannot say that strongly enough. Dell Demps, who was supposed to be in charge of all basketball operations in New Orleans, chose to send him there because he liked the package of players that was offered as a part of that deal more than his other options.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  17. #314
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their point guards aren't very good that's for sure.
    Atleast Jack will have talented teamates to pass the ball to. LOL
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  18. #315
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2000

    We are not talking about Walton, how lame to use him as an example.

    Ok, go away now plz.
    Go troll somewhere else.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NBA_All-Star_Game

    Lamar Odom was not an all star in 2010.

  19. #316
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,498

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Paul did not force a trade to the Lakers!!!!

    I cannot say that strongly enough. Dell Demps, who was supposed to be in charge of all basketball operations in New Orleans, chose to send him there because he liked the package of players that was offered as a part of that deal more than his other options.
    This is true. I don't know how anyone can say that Paul is the one that forced this.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  21. #317

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Paul did not force a trade to the Lakers!!!!

    I cannot say that strongly enough. Dell Demps, who was supposed to be in charge of all basketball operations in New Orleans, chose to send him there because he liked the package of players that was offered as a part of that deal more than his other options.
    Is there any chance that there's more we don't know about? For example, Paul effectively nixing trades to certain teams? It seems reasonable if you believe the CAA theory.

    It seems very convenient that he wound up on the Lakers and most others agree there were better offers on the table.

  22. #318
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NBA_All-Star_Game

    Lamar Odom was not an all star in 2010.
    Stop trolling me!
    I said he was an Allstar in 2000. I know, I was there!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  23. #319
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,824

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade


  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  25. #320
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,498

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Also, I think I slightly overreacted in my defense of the decision last night, and lost the original point I would have like to have made, which is that I don't agree with the decision on a fundamental stand point and I don't agree with the NBA owning the Hornets, but I'm not sure that Stern did anything legally wrong. From a common sense standpoint though, it was a moronic decision.

    The players, the owners, and Stern should all be blamed though for not addressing this issue during the lockout. Totally dropped the ball there and the situation could have been avoided.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  27. #321
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stop trolling me!
    I said he was an Allstar in 2000. I know, I was there!
    He wasn't.

    But that doesn't mean he's not a fantastic player.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  28. #322
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My opinion on this whole thing is I think it's ok to do what Carmelo and LBJ did to get to their new teams because one way or the other they were going to sign with them in the long run anyways. Chris Paul has no chance in hell signing with the Lakers or the Knicks next summer unless he plans on taking a severe pay cut in order to do it. If you are going to force a trade to a certain team, then that team had better be under the cap otherwise you lose your leverage in saying "well I'm signing with them anyways so trade me there so you at least get something in return". It's sad to say I agree with Gilbert on this issue, they might as well name the other small market teams the Generals.
    As I agree, I have to disagree. It is out of line for Gilbert to do this. The owners should have stand their ground in the CBA. What is done is done. Gilbert and others had their chance...move on till till 2016.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  29. #323
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stop trolling me!
    I said he was an Allstar in 2000. I know, I was there!
    I'm not trolling, I'm blind.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NBA_All-Star_Game
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../odomla01.html

    I don't see him listed as being an all star. He was rookie 1st team in 2000 though.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:


  31. #324

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    To me,it is simply amazing that Stern, as a lawyer, would allow the nixing of the deal. Does that not open the NBA up to lawsuit(s)?
    The Hornets will not get a better deal but from everything I've read, some owners/GMs did not want the Lakers to get Paul. If that is true, the NBA is sliding down a strange road here.
    As Pacer fans, we all know Stern will do whatever Stern pleases. Maybe the NBA owners need to put Stern under the microscope, again.
    At the very least, the NBA needs to find a viable ownership for the New Orleans franchise.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to brewpopps For This Useful Post:


  33. #325
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,824

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can this be added to the library? It has many applications.

Similar Threads

  1. Chris Paul Requests Trade to NY
    By trey in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 03:32 AM
  2. Paul: Focus on Hornets, not trade talk (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 03:50 PM
  3. Team-By-Team Trade Outlook
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. the time is NOW to trade for louis williams...
    By croz24 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 12:26 PM
  5. Would you trade for Paul Pierce?
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 05:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •