Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 456

Thread: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

  1. #1

    Default Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Apparently NBA owners thru such a fit over the proposed Paul trade and the way it appears after the new agreement they nixed the deal.

  2. #2
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently NBA owners thru such a fit over the proposed Paul trade and the way it appears after the new agreement they nixed the deal.
    can you link something that says this please.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  3. #3

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    They are talking about it on ESPN right now. It is also on hoopshype.com

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    We're talking about this in 4 different topics already.

  6. #5

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    It's a Christmas Miracle!

  7. #6
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,279

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Wow. The league actually stood up and did the right thing. With a little pressure of coarse. I love it.

  8. #7
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently NBA owners thru such a fit over the proposed Paul trade and the way it appears after the new agreement they nixed the deal.
    I recall trying to explain to people that this was a control issue...not about money so much. I'm sure it's still not clear...maybe never clear. Most fans don't like it either.

  9. #8
    Brains of the Operation.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    On the Westside
    Posts
    154

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. The league actually stood up and did the right thing. With a little pressure of coarse. I love it.
    Curious as to why you feel that they did the right thing. Did you not feel the trade was for the parties involved? Not criticizing, just trying to understand your point of view.

    I think it is ridiculous that Stern would step in an nix this trade. Even if it is the Lakers, if the pieces are there then let it happen IMO.

  10. #9
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    This is wrong IMO.

  11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,238

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is wrong IMO.
    Agreed. But funny. And oddly therapeutic.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  14. #11
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is wrong IMO.
    If this is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

  15. #12
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,359
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    I just saw the headline elsewhere. Been gone all evening so this is my first chance to comment.

    The Hornets are owned by the league. Will Galen has shown how economically it is in the leagues best interest to have strong big market teams. Trading anybody from NOH to a big market team helps the league and therefore is a conflict of interest.

    That's all I'll say. Except............the strike may be upon us again before the balls ever hit the court.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  16. #13
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,538

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    https://twitter.com/#!/ReggieMillerT...81518685700096

    Uncle Reg is upset with the veto:

    "What a sticky sticky mess Stern has stepped into, "basketball reasons", ok gotcha.. Where were those "reasons" when Lakers stole Pau From the Grizzlies? Love to know what owners actually voiced up... Now you expect these players to smile pretty tomorrow on opening day! WOW"

    "Last but not least, the Hornets made out like bandits on this deal, if they do end up trading CP3 somewhere, won't get that kinda lineup!!"

  17. #14
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    But wasn't this a bad deal for the Lakers?

    And most likely the best deal the Hornets will get for CP3?

    I'm with Hicks, and I think the owners are being babies. Any owners complain that tried to get Paul?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  19. #15
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,255

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    What is this really about though? Think about it. The NBA wants to sell this team and this deal would almost max their payroll. Could this be the primary factor? Perhaps the NBA is adamant that the Hornets reduce payroll in the process of trading Paul so the team is more attractive to buyers.

    Blows all kinds of holes in the David Stern conspiracy jokes.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:


  21. #16
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    How can the Hornets be allowed to negotiate all day when they aren't allowed to make any trades?

  22. #17
    Brains of the Operation.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    On the Westside
    Posts
    154

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just saw the headline elsewhere. Been gone all evening so this is my first chance to comment.

    The Hornets are owned by the league. Will Galen has shown how economically it is in the leagues best interest to have strong big market teams. Trading anybody from NOH to a big market team helps the league and therefore is a conflict of interest.

    That's all I'll say. Except............the strike may be upon us again before the balls ever hit the court.
    You make a good point....I didn't really look at it that way. It is really an objective issue though. How can they veto this and allow a different proposal to go through?

  23. #18
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    For what exact reason did they veto?

  24. #19
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/#!/ReggieMillerT...81518685700096

    Uncle Reg is upset with the veto:

    "What a sticky sticky mess Stern has stepped into, "basketball reasons", ok gotcha.. Where were those "reasons" when Lakers stole Pau From the Grizzlies? Love to know what owners actually voiced up... Now you expect these players to smile pretty tomorrow on opening day! WOW"

    "Last but not least, the Hornets made out like bandits on this deal, if they do end up trading CP3 somewhere, won't get that kinda lineup!!"
    Speaking of wrong. My man Reggie is wrong here. Chris Paul is by far the best player in that exchange. While draft picks are nice, the next generation will be given to the Lakers as well. Just a big churn, it is.

    As for Stern stopping the deal, it looks more like he didn't want the value of the NO franchise to drop. I wouldn't want the value of my assets to drop either. Reggie is right about it being sticky though...

  25. #20
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For what exact reason did they veto?
    "Basketball reasons" .....

    In other words, bull ****.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  27. #21
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,356

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    If this gets vetoed, it effectively means the Hornets cannot be allowed to do anything. They can't sign free agents. They can't make trades. They have no authority to make any roster move whatsoever. Ridiculous. This would be shameful.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  28. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,253

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For what exact reason did they veto?
    They traded him to the Lakers. If they traded him to any other team in the league, there'd be no veto.

  29. #23
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this gets vetoed, it effectively means the Hornets cannot be allowed to do anything. They can't sign free agents. They can't make trades. They have no authority to make any roster move whatsoever. Ridiculous. This would be shameful.
    Right! Are the Hornets a "fake" team in limbo right now?! What is the deal...

  30. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,253

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    As for Stern stopping the deal, it looks more like he didn't want the value of the NO franchise to drop. I wouldn't want the value of my assets to drop either.
    Boy are you naive.

  31. #25
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Commisioners office nixes Paul trade

    Der Stern has just exercised veto power. You have to be impressed with the gall.

    This really seems like big news that will be with us for awhile.

Similar Threads

  1. Chris Paul Requests Trade to NY
    By trey in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 03:32 AM
  2. Paul: Focus on Hornets, not trade talk (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 03:50 PM
  3. Team-By-Team Trade Outlook
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. the time is NOW to trade for louis williams...
    By croz24 in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 12:26 PM
  5. Would you trade for Paul Pierce?
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 05:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •