Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Chris Paul is (not) about to be a LA Laker

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Paul is (probably) about to be a LA Laker

Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But other writers have said the opposite, including Wojnarowski.

I think the Lakers wanted that TPE, sure - they were getting it in the Chris Paul trade too. Either because they need it to acquire another player or because they want to use it fill holes in the roster after that trade (or even if the trade doesn't happen, they could go for David West, for example). What's hard to believe is that they would give up value to accommodate Odom's request to be traded to a contender. I mean, they just agreed to two trades that would send him to New Orleans.
    Could be, but it doesn't make sense that a highly protected Dallas pick is the best they could get. Pacers and Nuggets have plenty of cap, and the Kings still have enough space I think, plus Cleveland and Toronto had their large TPE's restored (but only until 16 Dec!), so there's a healthy market if the Lakers had shopped Odom for a TPE.

I dunno, the whole thing doesn't make sense. I suppose later moves would help clarify what's going on.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chris Paul is (not) about to be a LA Laker

Odom acted like such a baby about this. I get that he's played for the Los Angeles Lakers for 7 seasons which included two championships and that no one would want to leave that scenery after being around it for so long. I get that the only two places he's ever played in are Los Angeles and Miami. I get that his Kardashian wife is from LA and that it's now his adopted home. I completely understand 100% why he wouldn't want to leave.

But he acted far more whinny than most guys do when they are traded. It's not personal when a team trades you. It's the nature of the beast. Players leave teams when it's good for them and teams trade players when they want to make an upgrade. He virtually guaranteed that they'd try to ship him out again when he didn't show up for camp.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
    As reported Fri, union told Stern it will pursue litigation if no suitable CP trade made by Monday. Claim could be collusion, sources say.

It was collusion between the Lakers and the Rockets to screw to Hornets!

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

"IT'S ALIVE"

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    ESPN sources: Lakers continue to express serious interest in Paul, w/package built around Pau, but search for third team on to supply youth

Find a team with enough youth? Not sure that is possible for 1 team to have enough...Wolves, Kings, Wizards?

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Seems hard for them to top the rejected Clippers offer.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    "IT'S ALIVE"

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    ESPN sources: Lakers continue to express serious interest in Paul, w/package built around Pau, but search for third team on to supply youth

Find a team with enough youth? Not sure that is possible for 1 team to have enough...Wolves, Kings, Wizards?
    Would Kahn give up Kevin Love to team up Rubio and Gasol?

I mean this is Kahn we are talking about.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    Would Kahn give up Kevin Love to team up Rubio and Gasol?

I mean this is Kahn we are talking about.
    Wow, good question!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Odom acted like such a baby about this. I get that he's played for the Los Angeles Lakers for 7 seasons which included two championships and that no one would want to leave that scenery after being around it for so long. I get that the only two places he's ever played in are Los Angeles and Miami. I get that his Kardashian wife is from LA and that it's now his adopted home. I completely understand 100% why he wouldn't want to leave.

But he acted far more whinny than most guys do when they are traded. It's not personal when a team trades you. It's the nature of the beast. Players leave teams when it's good for them and teams trade players when they want to make an upgrade. He virtually guaranteed that they'd try to ship him out again when he didn't show up for camp.
    The ironic thing is that he got traded to the Lakers for Shaq you would think he'd be used to it by now.

I'm sure he thought that he was indispensible because he's a Kardashian now but yeah nope...

I get the human side of it... LO has always been rather sensitive and given his life story I get it but really his response is OTT considering how he got to the Lakers to begin with...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The ironic thing is that he got traded to the Lakers for Shaq you would think he'd be used to it by now.

I'm sure he thought that he was indispensible because he's a Kardashian now but yeah nope...

I get the human side of it... LO has always been rather sensitive and given his life story I get it but really his response is OTT considering how he got to the Lakers to begin with...
    Could be some Hollywood playin there for some spice in their tv show. Just Sayin!