Thread: It's almost on!

Default It's almost on!

(I'll be sending out this letter later, since not everyone in the league is on PD, but to get a bit of a jump on things, I'll post here first. I'm still working on the draft list, but it will be attached to my email, along with the summer rosters)

Here's the invite email that will go out:

Scott (scott_h) has invited you to join a free fantasy basketball league at http://hoops.sports.ws called "ABA Keeper League 2011-12" (league number 120543).

Theme: Getting stronger every year!

If you have never experienced Sports.ws, visit http://hoops.sports.ws to learn more. When you're ready to join this league visit:

http://hoops.sports.ws/leagues/120543

You will need this password: fairplay

Thank you,
    Sports.ws Support

and then MY email:

The real NBA season starts December 25th!

Belated congrats to both of our 2010-11 ABA Keeper league finalists!

Redbull Yamaha and his Discovertasmania.com Go!! Warriors (good lord, man, shorten that name! You trying to give me carpal tunnel!), for the second year in a row, made the finals and just came up short. Impressive accomplishment. Our champion, as you know, was Mourning with his Amsterdam Pidgeons. His team went from 2nd worst record in the league to champ in one year. Hopefully you watched our playoffs unfold, whether you were in them or not.

Trading is now open

Remember NO trading of draft picks beyond 2012 and no ďlottery protectedĒ or ďtop six protectedĒ stuff, either. Letís keep things simple.
    If you make a trade, each trade participant needs to contact me to verify the trade. Email is best, (mr.scott.hunt@gmail.com) but a PM on Pacerís Digest works, too (Skaut_Ech). Once that happens, Iíll send an email to the league announcing the trade and Iíll post it on PD, to boot.

Trading will continue until Wednesday, December 14th at midnight, EST.

Protected Lists

Your 9 man protected lists wonít be officially due until Thursday, December 15th at midnight. Iím trying to get your final list date as close to our draft day as possible. This way I get a day to put together the final lists and send it to everyone on Friday, for the draft.
    If youíve already submitted a list, I wonít chisel it into stone quite yet, but Iíll have it recorded.

New Owner
    Newman dropped out, which surprised me cause he had a good team, so we have one hole to fill. If you have any ideas on team owners, let me know.

Draft!!

With us having such notice, Iím shooting for the weekend of 12/17-12/18 for our draft, unless this is a horrible hardship for someone. I figure that gets us as close to the actual season as we can get and allow a little breathing room for trades, glitches, before the season begins. Right now, Iíd like to shoot for 10:00 a.m. on 12/17. Let me know what you all think. Iím shooting for a 15 minute draft window. Thereís only three rounds, so we should be able to knock this out in a timely fashion.
    And if you canít draft, send me a list and Iíll do it for you, but be detailed about what you want. Iíll do the best for you that I can, but any guidance helps.

Any thoughts or ideas, let me know. This isnít my league, itís OUR league. --Scott
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: It's almost on!

i thought speed was interested in a spot? if he isn't, i nominate p4e if he's up for playing.

the dates you mentioned are fine for me, as long the start is in the evening (it'll be morning here)

edit: 10am would be midnight of the 18th here... i'm fine with that. only two rounds, anyway.
    Last edited by Frostwolf; 12-08-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Just a random question, what are we doing about the players that are locked in to contracts in places like China and will miss the whole season...

do we have to hang on to them all roster ?
    Can we drop them but still hold rights ?
    Do we drop them and lose them ?

Just wondering what the consensus on this issue...

Great Hustle on the league update and shorten my name this year I will, need a fresh look to get me my damn championship....

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Awesome! We're underway people. Let's enjoy it.

Thanks for the reference, Scott, appreciate it. I could be mistaken though, but I think I went from the worst record in the league to win it this past year .

Aggreed on the 15 minute window during the draft. Could you provide us with a list that shows us the exact draftorder this year?

Good question Go!!!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I'm good with your plan Mr. Commish

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will be in St Louis that weekend, but I'll check in on my phone. Shouldn't be too hard as I only have 2 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a random question, what are we doing about the players that are locked in to contracts in places like China and will miss the whole season...

do we have to hang on to them all roster ?
    Can we drop them but still hold rights ?
    Do we drop them and lose them ?

Just wondering what the consensus on this issue...

Great Hustle on the league update and shorten my name this year I will, need a fresh look to get me my damn championship....
    Traditionally, you just have to gamble whether it's worth keeping them on your roster in hopes they come back. I'm in that exact position with J.R. Smith. China is adamant about not letting him out of his contract, and I have him in both IKL AND ABA KL. I have a hard decision to make. Out of all of the guys overseas, his team has taken the hardest line with him.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Any news on a new owner? Speed signed up for the IKL, might be he would be interested in this KL aswell. Maybe Rexnom or P4E? Dunno

Pretty important though as the trading season has started.

We just had tnt drop out, so now we have to replace two owners. I'll try and sniff around and see who I can find. I asked quite a fe last year who had no interest on a keeper league. We'll see. Any recomendations, let me know.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

if tnt dropped out, he'd probably drop out of IKL as well, meaning we need another new owner there.

Maybe just open a topic on the PD front page with an explanation on how the rules work and an amphasis on that the newb would have to have in mind that it's for more then one year?

We can also contract a team. With a keeper league I think we need to be flexible. Luckily the format allows us to drop or add teams and redistribute players through the draft each year.
    2010 IKL Fantasy Basketball Champion Baltimore Bulldogs

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:

Right now I have three, maybe four guys lined up to possibly take over the two open teams. With such a tight timetable, I'll probably make a decision myself, rather than put it up for a league vote, as we'd normally do.

If you talk to any owners who haven't signed up yet, get on there *** for me!

I'm hoping to send out another mass email tonite to those who haven't signed up yet, so we have a better idea what's going on.

If you haven't sent in your protected lists, make sure you get those to me. I'm going to have to spend Friday entering all the players and lining up the divisions.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

any way we could get an excel sheet of all the names that is available for draft?

I'll send out a list on Friday of all the protected players in a regular, old, list, but to be honest, I doubt I'll have time to enter all the players, set up the divisions, get everything in order for the draft the following day and put it all in a spreadsheet. I'll try, but no guarantees.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

oh right - if all is gonna be on the system then you dont have to put them on the spreadsheet - cheers