Thread: Should the Pacers call back Randy Holcomb?

Default Should the Pacers call back Randy Holcomb?

With the injuries, should Holcomb be brought back?

Default Re: Should the Pacers call back Randy Holcomb?

I already stated in another thread that we should petition for a medical exception and use it to re-sign Holcomb.

I understand the reasoning behind keeping Edwards. It's either him or Cro as backup C, and Austin's already starting at PF.

However, I think, we were already gonna comb the waiver wire for a better stop-gap than Edwards. But if we can get the exception, Holcomb could really help us.
    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

I think it'd be a good idea.

Yes we should.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

I'm for it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

We're talking about a fifteenth man as if he's the savior of what's about to be a disasterous November.

Bah.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sixteenth man.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I haven't seen him play so I don't know.

He has got some fans on here & he has been thru a training camp & game action with the team, so.....

We could use someone that has some idea what we're doing if we have another twisted ankle or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're talking about a fifteenth man as if he's the savior of what's about to be a disasterous November.

Bah.
    Well, if JO is worth 41 wins and Ron is worth 26 wins, Holcomb's worth a win or two.

Better than John Edwards, whose probably worth 5-6 losses. :
    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204

Bah.
    Well, if JO is worth 41 wins and Ron is worth 26 wins, Holcomb's worth a win or two.

Better than John Edwards, whose probably worth 5-6 losses. :
    I know you were quoting me, but I can't wait to see what UB has to say about that math.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I think that we are going to get a veteran to fill out the roster. On the Rick Carlisle show, he mentioned Gary Trent as being a player he would like to give a shot to. Trent was waived by the Bulls 2 days ago, which does NOT make him sound all that appealing to me, but hey, they cut Trent Hassell last year.

[edit=89=1099192813][/edit]

I'd rather have Holcomb than Trent. With Trent, we've seen the best he's got and it ain't that great. With Holcomb, you can hope he continues to improve.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Trent was officially cut 2 days ago, but unofficially he was cut practically right after camp started. He came in with a surly attitude and out of shape, so the Bulls told him to go home.

Maybe we could give Carlos Rogers a call.
    ---

If we are looking for a vet maybe they could track down Keon Clark.

He has to be better than Edwards.

Yeah, except he doesn't have his cell phone on.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

holcomb filled in pretty well during preseason games didn't he? i'd rather we take him on again rather than some veteran no one else wants. just think about it, all the useful big men must have been snapped up by now.

wait, jayson williams is still available. or how about rodman?