Thread: Archie Manning: Peyton and Luck CAN Co-exist

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Archie Manning: Peyton and Luck CAN Co-exist

He has a change of heart..... Maybe more so a clarification than anything.
    INDIANAPOLIS -- Archie Manning figures Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck can co-exist in Indianapolis after all.

One day after Archie Manning told Fox Sports Radio he didn't think either quarterback wanted to be on the same team, he backtracked and said he thought the two could work together just fine -- if the winless Colts get the No. 1 pick next spring and choose Luck.

"That's been a big run in Indianapolis, and you don't just up and leave -- they kind of changed the culture in Indianapolis, won a Super Bowl, got a new stadium built. I think Peyton feels very fortunate to be a big part of that. The only point I'm making is that I think if Peyton gets healthy, he'll be good enough to play this next year, and Andrew Luck's good enough to play next year. So, something's gotta give."

The questions about Luck have taken center stage in Indy with Peyton Manning facing an uncertain future.

On Sept. 8, the four-time league MVP had a spinal fusion, his third neck surgery in 19 months. Last week, doctors gave Manning the OK to increase the pace and intensity of his rehabilitation regiment .Team officials have not yet explained what Manning will do, though he was seen standing next to coach Jim Caldwell when Wednesday's practice began.

Caldwell said he did not expect Manning to participate in team workouts this week and that he wasn't sure if that would happen before the season ends.

The Colts have kept Manning on the active roster all season in hopes he could start throwing before the Jan. 1 finale at Jacksonville. Polian, general manager Chris Polian and team owner Jim Irsay also must decide whether to exercise a $28 million option or let Manning become a free agent.

When will Manning start throwing with his teammates?

"There has been no timetable set on it from a coaching standpoint, from a personnel standpoint," Caldwell said. "Those that performed the surgery do all that. They say things look better and we're encouraged and we'll increase his rehab and that's all they said about it. At some point in time, they'll let us know. That could be this season. That could be after this season."

The hottest topic in Indy has been what the Colts will do with Manning and what they plan to do in the draft.

But Manning's father believes his son will be back in his familiar No. 18 jersey next season.

"He loves to play, he wants to play and I think if he gets his health back, he still capable of playing at a high level," Archie Manning said. "That's his DNA."
    ESPN Article: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...anapolis-colts

Default Re: Archie Manning: Peyton and Luck CAN Co-exist

I think that they can co-exist. This got a little more press than it should have. The problem is both are too dang good to be sitting on the bench.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that they can co-exist. This got a little more press than it should have. The problem is both are too dang good to be sitting on the bench.
    Ya that's the only reason there is a problem.. Two great QBs on one team... Only one can start and we all know who that is if #18 is still suited up.

I hope we can have Manning come back but it would be nice to be able to have Luck as well for Mannings last, ill say 2 years.

With how he's been playing i wouldn't be against trading the pick to move back a few spots and taking Baylors RG III. He seems to be a great talent as well.

I'm not sure how he's really backtracking with this statement:
    The only point I'm making is that I think if Peyton gets healthy, he'll be good enough to play this next year, and Andrew Luck's good enough to play next year. So, something's gotta give."
    He might be saying there won't be a feud between the two but he's still saying 'something's gotta give'.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Yep its a misleading title by ESPN of course he's stating the obvious