Thread: Anyone own an LCD computer monitor?

Banned

Question Anyone own an LCD computer monitor?

When scrolling down a vb forum that I own...the colors fade at the top as I scroll down the page. So when I am scrolling down the page, it'll go from normal red, to dim, to dark. This is the only page on which this happens. Any advice? This is my first LCD monitor. I've been a CRT user forever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Anyone own an LCD computer monitor?

If this is only happening to one page then it seems to me it's the page. If its happening to others I would attempt to set the monitor back to factory defaults.

If it persists contact the manufacturer.

I have an LCD monitor and have never experienced anything like that. Never seen anything like that on a laptop screen either.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Banned

Talking Re: Anyone own an LCD computer monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have an LCD monitor and have never experienced anything like that. Never seen anything like that on a laptop screen either.

Ok so I fiddled with the controls and while I am still going to replace this LCD and go back to my 1st love, a CRT monitor with vibrant colors (if I can find one)...I managed to get this LCD monitor to a good place.

I noticed that when I stood up from the desk, the monitor showed no signs of discoloring. I tilted the monitor downward, towards a more neutral position? And the discoloring went away at about 95%! It seems the higher I sit up and look at the monitor, and the lower I adjust it on its stand...the better quality the screen is visually.

I guess this is because it's LCD? I had always had my CRT raised up very high. With an LCD...raising it too high causes discoloration when scrolling and viewing or browsing certain sites. I think the material used here, shows pixels differently than the CRT monitor standard glass would.

I also fiddled with the AUTO/SET, and got the blurriness to go away on the right side of my screen in terms of text 100%. I also messed around with the vertical and horizontal setting. And raised my red, green, and blue colors into the 60's for more color depth. Helped a lot! Overall, it's not perfect but it's about 95% where I want it to be. Not too shabby. Thanks for the replies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ckill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok so I fiddled with the controls and while I am still going to replace this LCD and go back to my 1st love, a CRT monitor with vibrant colors (if I can find one)...I managed to get this LCD monitor to a good place.

I noticed that when I stood up from the desk, the monitor showed no signs of discoloring. I tilted the monitor downward, towards a more neutral position? And the discoloring went away at about 95%! It seems the higher I sit up and look at the monitor, and the lower I adjust it on its stand...the better quality the screen is visually.

I guess this is because it's LCD? I had always had my CRT raised up very high. With an LCD...raising it too high causes discoloration when scrolling and viewing or browsing certain sites. I think the material used here, shows pixels differently than the CRT monitor standard glass would.

I also fiddled with the AUTO/SET, and got the blurriness to go away on the right side of my screen in terms of text 100%. I also messed around with the vertical and horizontal setting. And raised my red, green, and blue colors into the 60's for more color depth. Helped a lot! Overall, it's not perfect but it's about 95% where I want it to be. Not too shabby. Thanks for the replies!
    Wait, wait wait wait wait. With all due respect, this is 2011 going on 2012. It's no question that using a flat-panel monitor should be standard practice by now. You get higher resolutions, crisp images and lower power consumption. (And for the paranoid folks, less radiation than a CRT monitor!)

Like I said earlier, it seems to me you got a bad monitor. That or a severely cheap off-branded one purchased from the back of a person's car. Any current standard flat-panel monitor should not have any discoloration or other viewing issues seen from any angle. None of which you explained regarding height and positioning of an LCD monitor causing issues has made any sense.

CRT? Come on... Please don't tell me you are still using Windows Me. I understand if you couldn't afford one up until this point but the technology has come such a long way since those issues that you have mentioned have existed.

Return it, get a better one.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 12-08-2011 at 03:16 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post: