17 32.08%
  • 14000-15000

13 24.53%
  • 13000-14000

10 18.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our attendance average this season

Default Our attendance average this season

Something I enjoy discussing because I think we all enjoy a packed house.

Safe to say it'll be higher than the last few seasons, but what do you guys think the range will be?
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Default Re: Our attendance average this season

Looking at other teams last season, I think we'll be like the Pistons and Rockets whose fanbases are pretty similar to the Pacers.

Maybe we'll pass the Pistons since they're falling and we're rising.

So within 16,000 is what I'll go with.

Worst case scenario, we'll be within 15,000 and be like the Bucks who also have a similar fanbase to ours.

Having all their games after Christmas will help. As the lowest attendance is always between Thnsgiving and Xmas. Having 33 home games vs 41 will also help. I'll say they will average 1200 more per game than last year

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at other teams last season, I think we'll be like the Pistons and Rockets whose fanbases are pretty similar to the Pacers.

Maybe we'll pass the Pistons since they're falling and we're rising.

So within 16,000 is what I'll go with.

Worst case scenario, we'll be within 15,000 and be like the Bucks who also have a similar fanbase to ours.
    Hopefully the team gets off to a fast start and fans come out and start supporting them the way they use to when Reggie was playing. I wish I did not live so far away and have a snowplowing business or I would be at a lot of games. I get NBA league pass so I dont miss a game.
    When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my @$$ - Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball - Pete Rose

As for the Hornets attendance, it should not have been that low for years. I know Katrina took its toll, but that's long in the past. They just don't care about basketball it seems.

I remember there was an interview with some people in New Orleans and they asked did they know they had an NBA team in New Orleans and the majority said no and when they asked others if they knew who the Hornets were, many said no.

Having Chris Paul and a winning team would certainly guarantee near sellouts in Indy.
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 12-06-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Last year they averaged 13500 last yr. So I say 14700 this year

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I'm hoping that we have more actual fans there for our team instead of all the bandwagon jumping losers that follow the stars of the NBA around.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are we talking actual attendance, or fake meaningless Pacers' PR attendance numbers?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Are we talking actual attendance, or fake meaningless Pacers' PR attendance numbers?
    I guess whatever they have recorded.

Numbers will be pretty solid because of the late home games. Fans will come when they see that this team is a solid playoff one.

I remember last season we had recorded crowds of 9,000.

Of course we had that huge ice storm on coach Vogel's debut against the Raptors and like a quarter of the Fieldhouse was full, but the recorded amount was like 10,000 (still sad).

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Back during the darkest attendance times a few years ago there were quite a few weeknight games where announced attendances between 8,000 and 10,000 had actual attendance that appeared to be more like 2,000 to 3,000, and I could clearly hear coaching instructions during play from the club seats because it was so dead in the building.

Mood

I am hoping for good attendance this year. Smaller season, young and up and coming team and possibly one or two new faces that will infuse an increased enthusiasm for our Pacers. Area 55er's should be downright crazy this year.

Mood

I'm expecting a huge boom in attendance, especially if they start out strong. It's a perfect storm potentially set up for them. The Colts suck, their games are cheaper, they're a young and promising team with likable guys, and most importantly, nothing else will be going on. Fans are so bandwagon in this town that they'll jump ship in a heartbeat. And then we'll be forced to deal with those people stating "Oh, I've always been a Pacers fan through thick and thin".

A necessary evil when it comes to rebuilding the fanbase, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    I'm expecting a huge boom in attendance, especially if they start out strong. It's a perfect storm potentially set up for them. The Colts suck, their games are cheaper, they're a young and promising team with likable guys, and most importantly, nothing else will be going on. Fans are so bandwagon in this town that they'll jump ship in a heartbeat. And then we'll be forced to deal with those people stating "Oh, I've always been a Pacers fan through thick and thin".

A necessary evil when it comes to rebuilding the fanbase, I suppose.
    Yeah I cant stand bandwagon fans and it seems their are more and more these days. I'm not sure what i hate more bandwagon fans or these players now days that want to make superfriends teams instead of wanting to beat the best they want to join each other. As much as I hate the Chicago Cubs I will say they have some loyal fans, and thats more than I can say about 2 of my favorite pro ball clubs the Pacers and the Reds.
    When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my @$$ - Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post

While I understand your point and I know you know this. Every NBA team counts attendance the same way. Tickets distributed. Meaning tickets sold and tickets given away are counted. If only 3 people show up, they announce tickets distributed.

Not just the Pacers. That is the way the NBA does it

I'm still rather skeptical that people have changed their mind about pro ball. In fact I suspect the lock out and IU resurging, people will feel more justified in not paying attention than ever. Hope I'm wrong.

I used to see Pacers gear and flags on cars everywhere around Indy and even down here in Evansville. NO ONE liked the Colts. Then when the Pacers went south and the Colts started winning, the trend completely reversed. Now with people jumping off of the Colts bandwagon like rats on a sinking ship, the Pacers do have an opportunity. Sadly even though the Colts are miserable, the Pacers still have to win before the crowds/fans come back. IF the Pacers start winning, they will be close to sell outs by the end of the year. If not, then attendance won't be any better. Indy fans are known as the biggest bandwagon jumpers in the world and Indiana is filled with fans of the sports teams that surround our state. Those teams also have more history so it is hard to convert them to Indiana fans.

I never did see an increase in attendance after all those Colts playoff eliminations, but we weren't very good either. We squeaked in the playoffs with a losing record and that won't win fans, though the way we played in that series should have won us back a lot of fans. Hell even Reggie went from thinking we are hopeless, to now thinking we have a lot of potential. But if we become a true championship contender, and that is evident by the end of the year, I expect sell outs because people are ready to jump that win-less Colts bandwagon quick, but only for a true winner.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 12-07-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

While I wouldn't be shocked to see it get to 14,000, I don't expect much improvement this year.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

I would like to see more players follow Roy's example! Why only Area 55? There are a lot of hardcore Pacers fans that just can't afford season tickets. How about King George's Court, Foster's People, Granger's Groupies, Psycho T Ward?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    I would like to see more players follow Roy's example! Why only Area 55? There are a lot of hardcore Pacers fans that just can't afford season tickets. How about King George's Court, Foster's People, Granger's Groupies, Psycho T Ward?
    The players do provide blocks of tickets. They are not provided for the fans who are expected to do something for them, like A55.

I think they didn't put the signs up for them last year due to A55, but they have exactly those kinds of names.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    The players do provide blocks of tickets. They are not provided for the fans who are expected to do something for them, like A55.

I think they didn't put the signs up for them last year due to A55, but they have exactly those kinds of names.
    I have noticed those signs, but didn't know if they were like Area 55 or just window dressing.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    I have noticed those signs, but didn't know if they were like Area 55 or just window dressing.
    Those are the areas where the players' charity blocks are located.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I'd be very surprised it's below 15,000.

Depends on some of the moves we are about to make... But i would say 15000+... maybe 16500+ if theres a big move.

Ive noticed A lot of people around that don't follow sports really closly still are oblivious to the fact that the Pacers are up and coming and are no longer a bunch of trouble makers.. Which hurts attendence.
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 12-07-2011 at 02:45 PM.