View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • 18000+

    2 3.77%
  • 17000-18000

    1 1.89%
  • 16000-17000

    10 18.87%
  • 15000-16000

    17 32.08%
  • 14000-15000

    13 24.53%
  • 13000-14000

    10 18.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44

Thread: Our attendance average this season

  1. #1

    Default Our attendance average this season

    Something I enjoy discussing because I think we all enjoy a packed house.

    Safe to say it'll be higher than the last few seasons, but what do you guys think the range will be?
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Looking at other teams last season, I think we'll be like the Pistons and Rockets whose fanbases are pretty similar to the Pacers.

    Maybe we'll pass the Pistons since they're falling and we're rising.

    So within 16,000 is what I'll go with.

    Worst case scenario, we'll be within 15,000 and be like the Bucks who also have a similar fanbase to ours.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  3. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,720

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Having all their games after Christmas will help. As the lowest attendance is always between Thnsgiving and Xmas. Having 33 home games vs 41 will also help. I'll say they will average 1200 more per game than last year

  4. #4
    Member trs72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Valparaiso
    Age
    41
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking at other teams last season, I think we'll be like the Pistons and Rockets whose fanbases are pretty similar to the Pacers.

    Maybe we'll pass the Pistons since they're falling and we're rising.

    So within 16,000 is what I'll go with.

    Worst case scenario, we'll be within 15,000 and be like the Bucks who also have a similar fanbase to ours.
    Hopefully the team gets off to a fast start and fans come out and start supporting them the way they use to when Reggie was playing. I wish I did not live so far away and have a snowplowing business or I would be at a lot of games. I get NBA league pass so I dont miss a game.
    When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my @$$ - Bobby Knight

    I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball - Pete Rose

  5. #5

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    As for the Hornets attendance, it should not have been that low for years. I know Katrina took its toll, but that's long in the past. They just don't care about basketball it seems.

    I remember there was an interview with some people in New Orleans and they asked did they know they had an NBA team in New Orleans and the majority said no and when they asked others if they knew who the Hornets were, many said no.

    Having Chris Paul and a winning team would certainly guarantee near sellouts in Indy.
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 12-06-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  6. #6
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,720

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Last year they averaged 13500 last yr. So I say 14700 this year

  7. #7
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    I'm hoping that we have more actual fans there for our team instead of all the bandwagon jumping losers that follow the stars of the NBA around.

  8. #8
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Are we talking actual attendance, or fake meaningless Pacers' PR attendance numbers?

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  10. #9

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we talking actual attendance, or fake meaningless Pacers' PR attendance numbers?
    I guess whatever they have recorded.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  11. #10

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Numbers will be pretty solid because of the late home games. Fans will come when they see that this team is a solid playoff one.

  12. #11

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    I remember last season we had recorded crowds of 9,000.

    Of course we had that huge ice storm on coach Vogel's debut against the Raptors and like a quarter of the Fieldhouse was full, but the recorded amount was like 10,000 (still sad).
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  13. #12
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Posts
    3,551
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Back during the darkest attendance times a few years ago there were quite a few weeknight games where announced attendances between 8,000 and 10,000 had actual attendance that appeared to be more like 2,000 to 3,000, and I could clearly hear coaching instructions during play from the club seats because it was so dead in the building.

  14. #13
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,400
    Mood

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    I am hoping for good attendance this year. Smaller season, young and up and coming team and possibly one or two new faces that will infuse an increased enthusiasm for our Pacers. Area 55er's should be downright crazy this year.

  15. #14
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    I'm expecting a huge boom in attendance, especially if they start out strong. It's a perfect storm potentially set up for them. The Colts suck, their games are cheaper, they're a young and promising team with likable guys, and most importantly, nothing else will be going on. Fans are so bandwagon in this town that they'll jump ship in a heartbeat. And then we'll be forced to deal with those people stating "Oh, I've always been a Pacers fan through thick and thin".

    A necessary evil when it comes to rebuilding the fanbase, I suppose.

  16. #15
    Member trs72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Valparaiso
    Age
    41
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm expecting a huge boom in attendance, especially if they start out strong. It's a perfect storm potentially set up for them. The Colts suck, their games are cheaper, they're a young and promising team with likable guys, and most importantly, nothing else will be going on. Fans are so bandwagon in this town that they'll jump ship in a heartbeat. And then we'll be forced to deal with those people stating "Oh, I've always been a Pacers fan through thick and thin".

    A necessary evil when it comes to rebuilding the fanbase, I suppose.
    Yeah I cant stand bandwagon fans and it seems their are more and more these days. I'm not sure what i hate more bandwagon fans or these players now days that want to make superfriends teams instead of wanting to beat the best they want to join each other. As much as I hate the Chicago Cubs I will say they have some loyal fans, and thats more than I can say about 2 of my favorite pro ball clubs the Pacers and the Reds.
    When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my @$$ - Bobby Knight

    I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball - Pete Rose

  17. #16
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,720

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we talking actual attendance, or fake meaningless Pacers' PR attendance numbers?

    While I understand your point and I know you know this. Every NBA team counts attendance the same way. Tickets distributed. Meaning tickets sold and tickets given away are counted. If only 3 people show up, they announce tickets distributed.

    Not just the Pacers. That is the way the NBA does it

  18. #17

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    I'm still rather skeptical that people have changed their mind about pro ball. In fact I suspect the lock out and IU resurging, people will feel more justified in not paying attention than ever. Hope I'm wrong.

  19. #18

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    I used to see Pacers gear and flags on cars everywhere around Indy and even down here in Evansville. NO ONE liked the Colts. Then when the Pacers went south and the Colts started winning, the trend completely reversed. Now with people jumping off of the Colts bandwagon like rats on a sinking ship, the Pacers do have an opportunity. Sadly even though the Colts are miserable, the Pacers still have to win before the crowds/fans come back. IF the Pacers start winning, they will be close to sell outs by the end of the year. If not, then attendance won't be any better. Indy fans are known as the biggest bandwagon jumpers in the world and Indiana is filled with fans of the sports teams that surround our state. Those teams also have more history so it is hard to convert them to Indiana fans.

    I never did see an increase in attendance after all those Colts playoff eliminations, but we weren't very good either. We squeaked in the playoffs with a losing record and that won't win fans, though the way we played in that series should have won us back a lot of fans. Hell even Reggie went from thinking we are hopeless, to now thinking we have a lot of potential. But if we become a true championship contender, and that is evident by the end of the year, I expect sell outs because people are ready to jump that win-less Colts bandwagon quick, but only for a true winner.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 12-07-2011 at 12:01 PM.

  20. #19
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    While I wouldn't be shocked to see it get to 14,000, I don't expect much improvement this year.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  21. #20
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I would like to see more players follow Roy's example! Why only Area 55? There are a lot of hardcore Pacers fans that just can't afford season tickets. How about King George's Court, Foster's People, Granger's Groupies, Psycho T Ward?

  22. #21
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,485

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to see more players follow Roy's example! Why only Area 55? There are a lot of hardcore Pacers fans that just can't afford season tickets. How about King George's Court, Foster's People, Granger's Groupies, Psycho T Ward?
    The players do provide blocks of tickets. They are not provided for the fans who are expected to do something for them, like A55.

    I think they didn't put the signs up for them last year due to A55, but they have exactly those kinds of names.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  24. #22
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The players do provide blocks of tickets. They are not provided for the fans who are expected to do something for them, like A55.

    I think they didn't put the signs up for them last year due to A55, but they have exactly those kinds of names.
    I have noticed those signs, but didn't know if they were like Area 55 or just window dressing.

  25. #23
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,485

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twoa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have noticed those signs, but didn't know if they were like Area 55 or just window dressing.
    Those are the areas where the players' charity blocks are located.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  26. #24

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    I'd be very surprised it's below 15,000.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  27. #25
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,635

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Our attendance average this season

    Depends on some of the moves we are about to make... But i would say 15000+... maybe 16500+ if theres a big move.

    Ive noticed A lot of people around that don't follow sports really closly still are oblivious to the fact that the Pacers are up and coming and are no longer a bunch of trouble makers.. Which hurts attendence.
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 12-07-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Official 2010 NBA Draft Recruiting Center
    By Lance George in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2258
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 01:21 PM
  2. Bball's Season Ending Post Mortem
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 12:35 AM
  3. Seems that there might be an attendance issue...
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
  4. Euro Dropoffs and homeland risers...
    By jcouts in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 05:53 PM
  5. Can someone please cut & paste this article?
    By Los Angeles in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 10:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •