Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    I think we can all agree that Baron is some good and a lot of bad, but Point Guard play last year was appalling and I think we've definately got the cap room to take the salary hit for what I think, unfortunately is a big up grade at point guard slot. I will admit I'm going through a phase where I think Varejao is perfect addition to our roster and I think we can get a package together in taking Baron's Salary to get him. What I do know is DC was awful and we've got no one else that's even close to being a starting PG in this league.

  2. #2
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    No. Look at the chain gang team of '04-'05. Now look at this team. Currently our only bad seeds are Rush and Lance. Does this really need a further explanaton?
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  3. #3
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. Look at the chain gang team of '04-'05. Now look at this team. Currently our only bad seeds are Rush and Lance. Does this really need a further explanaton?
    I know I just posted a video talking about Rush but what makes he and Lance bad seeds?
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  4. #4
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by okroe3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we can all agree that Baron is some good and a lot of bad, but Point Guard play last year was appalling and I think we've definately got the cap room to take the salary hit for what I think, unfortunately is a big up grade at point guard slot. I will admit I'm going through a phase where I think Varejao is perfect addition to our roster and I think we can get a package together in taking Baron's Salary to get him. What I do know is DC was awful and we've got no one else that's even close to being a starting PG in this league.
    B-Diddy is fat & has been a problem in the past, but Sideshow is NICE!
    Don't see CLE giving Sidesow cheap, & they can amnesty B-Did if they want.
    Don't see a deal here...
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  5. #5

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    B-Diddy is fat & has been a problem in the past, but Sideshow is NICE!
    Don't see CLE giving Sidesow cheap, & they can amnesty B-Did if they want.
    Don't see a deal here...
    I agrre a deal including Sideshow would be expensive and BD is fat and effort is a big?, but if I were Cleveland I'd revel in the opportunity to trade BD and Amnesty Boobie. I think Maybe a package of Posey,Rush, Collison and the rights to Stanko gets the conversation started. I would expect to lose Tyler in the end and then resign McBob.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by okroe3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we can all agree that Baron is some good and a lot of bad, but Point Guard play last year was appalling and I think we've definately got the cap room to take the salary hit for what I think, unfortunately is a big up grade at point guard slot. I will admit I'm going through a phase where I think Varejao is perfect addition to our roster and I think we can get a package together in taking Baron's Salary to get him. What I do know is DC was awful and we've got no one else that's even close to being a starting PG in this league.
    Could just trade DC, Rush, and a 1st to Memphis for Mayo and have him run the point. Or sign Stuckey to run the point and trade DC for something else.

  7. #7

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ckill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could just trade DC, Rush, and a 1st to Memphis for Mayo and have him run the point. Or sign Stuckey to run the point and trade DC for something else.
    I'll take a run at Stuckey, but I don't really have any intrest in Mayo. The only way I'd take Davis is to get Varejao.

  8. #8

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by okroe3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    The only way I'd take Davis is to get Varejao.

    As much as I'd like to see Andy in a Pacers uni, I draw the line at having to take Baron to get Andy.

  9. #9
    Boom Baby! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,750

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ckill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could just trade DC, Rush, and a 1st to Memphis for Mayo and have him run the point. Or sign Stuckey to run the point and trade DC for something else.
    All of that for Mayo?

  10. #10
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ckill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could just trade DC, Rush, and a 1st to Memphis for Mayo and have him run the point. Or sign Stuckey to run the point and trade DC for something else.
    Awful trade, and Memphis's experiments with Mayo at the point have been huge embarrassing failures.

  11. #11
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,084

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Wonder what Cleveland'd say about Hans + a lotto-ish protected 1st for Varejao.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    I've been beating the Varejao drum for years, I would love to get him here, the same thing with Baron Davis, I'll wait for Cleveland to cut him so we can get him.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder what Cleveland'd say about Hans + a lotto-ish protected 1st for Varejao.
    If I was Chris Grant I would prefer just 2 1st rd picks and Cash so I would have money to buy a pick around draft time if I wanted too.

    They traded Hickson for a reason. Im sure Tristan Thompson will play 30+ minutes this year they are rebuilding the right way. Even though drafting Thomson was a bad move IMO.

    They are 3-5 yrs away but if they hit with these picks like the one they got from the Kings for JJ they will be a really good team in a few years because they actually rebuilt.

    If I am there GM I am doing all I can to get Anthony Davis he would be a perfect fit to play with Kyrie and Thomson they could run and gun and really defend the paint as well.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-05-2011 at 11:41 PM.

  14. #14
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They traded Hickson for a reason.
    Wow, completely missed that trade.

    Good move for them though. JJ Hickson might have the lowest IQ for an NBA player I've ever seen. Casspi and a future first isn't bad.

  15. #15

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    You have got to be kidding, Variego is not worth a no. 1 or Hansbrough all by themselves.

  16. #16

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    You have got to be kidding, Variego is not worth a no. 1 or Hansbrough all by themselves.

    Is that right!!! Your opinion is duely noted, but not one I believe is accurate.

  17. #17

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    I'm curious to see if Cleveland will cut Baron Davis or not. I don't think they will.

    Only if they want to clear the way for Irving right away.Besides Irving, they have Sessions and Gibson, who are good as backup and 3rd stringer.

    On the other hand, they're so poor in the wings that their best lineups will be with Irving+Davis in the backcourt. And Davis can be an useful mentor for Irving. And they have little to gain in terms of cap space by using the amnesty this year, they wouldn't get enough room to add a quality free-agent anyway. They have the TPE if they want to add someone via trade. If I were them I'd keep Davis.

  18. #18
    Member DEEman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Age
    32
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    DC awful? We were winning against Chicago untill that f up cameraman was in DC's way...
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DEEman For This Useful Post:


  20. #19
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,174

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Absolutely not.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  22. #20
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  24. #21

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Dan Gilbert would be happy to let Herb Simon pay for all of Baron Davis' awful contract instead of having to use the amnesty clause on him.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  25. #22
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,162

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    If a player gets traded, can the new team amnesty the player? I don't remember the dates the amnesty rule for this year ended or the rules for the new CBA

  26. #23
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,379

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Anyone want to guess what my answer would be?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  27. #24
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,162

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone want to guess what my answer would be?
    Yes...

  28. #25
    Member trs72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Valparaiso
    Age
    41
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: How bad would it be to get Baron Davis and Varejao?

    Quote Originally Posted by okroe3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we can all agree that Baron is some good and a lot of bad, but Point Guard play last year was appalling and I think we've definately got the cap room to take the salary hit for what I think, unfortunately is a big up grade at point guard slot. I will admit I'm going through a phase where I think Varejao is perfect addition to our roster and I think we can get a package together in taking Baron's Salary to get him. What I do know is DC was awful and we've got no one else that's even close to being a starting PG in this league.
    Baron Davis is a locker room cancer and is lazy. Sounds like we had some of those issues in are own locker room last year no need to add another. Varejao is a scrapper and descent defender if he comes back in shape and healthy so might not be bad adding him to come off the bench if we dont bring Foster back.

    Personally I like are team if Roy becomes a man and starts rebounding like a big guy should.A Shooting guard that can shoot not named Dunleavy would be nice, I like Mike but he cant guard a water bucket.

Similar Threads

  1. Since we are under the cap this offseason...(Cavs)
    By idioteque in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 11:59 PM
  2. Baron Davis to Cavs
    By cdash in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 01:05 PM
  3. Cavs backed away from Baron Davis trade
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. Q & A with David Dupree 3-2
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 03:13 AM
  5. Latest articles on Baron Davis being traded
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •