Thread: Cable/Satellite question

Default Cable/Satellite question

I just recently moved into a house and have been trying to decide between DirectTV, Comcast and Uverse. I was leaning toward DirectTV because of the price and how many channels you get, but I'm concerned about the whole Fox thing. The salesman I talked to told me that was all taken care of, but I'm not convinced. The only channel I HAVE to get for sure is Fox Sports. The only one I've ever had was Comcast, which was alright for the most part, but just a little too expensive. Can anyone make a recommendation on any of these?

Default Re: Cable/Satellite question

Well... the Fox thing is taken care of if that is your main concern.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have DirecTV. Besides my receiver being junk and freezing on me, I love it. Much better than Comcast. My receiver is old though so don't let that stop you. The only down side is you get locked into a contract, Comcast you can cancel at anytime.

@Pacers24Colts12

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDanimal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only down side is you get locked into a contract, Comcast you can cancel at anytime.
    Only for the first two years.

Go with DTV or U-Verse. I wouldn't touch Comcast with a ten foot pole.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No to comcast. Yes to directv.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

DTV for the win! their prices are consistent, they are the same for everyone. Go to the web site look at prices that's what they are.

Comcast are the biggest crooks ever. They are no standard prices, they raise stuff randomly, then say oh you were on a special price that expired, now it costs this.

You can b*tch and moan and sometimes they will give you a better price, they say for a year, then the next month the bill is raised again. You have to call go through the same bull again. They want to add a extra charge for every freaking little thing.

If you don't believe me find several different people on Comcast, look at their bills, I'll almost guarantee everyone's bill is different. Heck even my next door neighbors bill was so much different than mine we could not figure out what the hell they are doing, besides screwing their customers.

Also DTV's newest HD DVR is sweet, nice menu, fast, big hard drive. Comcast's newest is slower, the menu is dated and tiresome. DTV's remote is also layed out much better IMO.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DTV for the win! their prices are consistent, they are the same for everyone. Go to the web site look at prices that's what they are.

Comcast are the biggest crooks ever. They are no standard prices, they raise stuff randomly, then say oh you were on a special price that expired, now it costs this.

You can b*tch and moan and sometimes they will give you a better price, they say for a year, then the next month the bill is raised again. You have to call go through the same bull again. They want to add a extra charge for every freaking little thing.

If you don't believe me find several different people on Comcast, look at their bills, I'll almost guarantee everyone's bill is different. Heck even my next door neighbors bill was so much different than mine we could not figure out what the hell they are doing, besides screwing their customers.

Also DTV's newest HD DVR is sweet, nice menu, fast, big hard drive. Comcast's newest is slower, the menu is dated and tiresome. DTV's remote is also layed out much better IMO.
    Just threatened to leave Comcast a few months ago and they cut our bill 50% for the next 6 months. So I'll go through this again soon or just cut tv altogether (keeping internet!). Don't watch a whole lot of tv as it is, but I have other options. Comcast, don't have any issues with them other than the *****ing price. Too expensive and we have the basic package + HD channels. TV + HD + internet = $165!! ****'s got to stop.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

I can't speak about Uverse, but I switched to Cinergy Metronet (another fiber optic option) a few months back and so far have been pretty satisfied. The picture quality is more on the satellite side (I always felt cable looked better) and the DVR can be a little buggy (but not terribly so), but otherwise the price has been right and the channel options pretty good.

I'm paying about $133 right now for TV + a higher tier of channels + HD + DVR + HBO + Internet. And that's not a new customer rate. And I like fiber optic Internet better than cable (which is obviously good too).

I'm sure like most companies the price will go up someday, but for now I'm very happy.

Directv is the way to go. Comcast is terrible. I hated it when I had it. DTV is a pleasure. Their customer service is excellent. And I disagree with hicks on cable looking better. My comcast always had refresh lines on it and they never did a damn thing about it. DTV is just superior in every way imo. And on-demand is overrated.

Mood

I've been pretty happy with U-verse.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations! I ended up going with Directv, and they've already been out to install it. I can't believe how good the picture quality is, so much better than Comcast.

Really? Wow; I'm pleasantly surprised to read that about the picture quality. I thought it was a general satellite thing, but maybe Dish Network just had/has a ****** compression on their video.