Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict/Suggest our post-December 9th moves

Default Predict/Suggest our post-December 9th moves

Dec 9th is soon approaching and we are expected to be heavy participants.

I'm a on the side of signing Gasol. We're going to have to overpay for him considering Memphis will match any reasonable offer. Next, I hope we sign Crawford to a 3 year deal.

This will allow us to move Hibbert for a starting PF. I've been really impressed with Ed Davis of Toronto and Toronto is in dire need of a big man that plays close to the rim because Bargnani likes to play away from the rim.

This could leave us with a potential line up of:

Collison/Hill/Price
    PG/Crawford
    Granger/Jones
    Davis/Hansbrough
    Gasol/???
    Last edited by MillerTime; 12-04-2011 at 02:57 AM.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Predict/Suggest our post-December 9th moves

I predict that I will be glad that we actually were active that resulted in some moves that will be made...but I have a sinking feeling that I will be saddened by the resulting and subsequent moves that will have to be made afterwards.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-04-2011 at 02:55 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Any of our big names going to go?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dec 9th is soon approaching and we are expected to be heavy participants.

I'm a on the side of signing Gasol. We're going to have to overpay for him considering Memphis will match any reasonable offer. Next, I hope we sign Crawford to a 3 year deal.

This will allow us to move Hibbert for a starting PF. I've been really impressed with Ed Davis of Toronto and Toronto is in dire need of a big man that plays close to the rim because Bargnani likes to play away from the rim.

This could leave us with a potential line up of:

Collison/Hill/Price
    PG/Crawford
    Granger/Jones
    Davis/Hansbrough
    Gasol/???
    If Hibbert is moved, it will be to Atlanta for Josh Smith, or somehow that Rondo Deal goes down. But you wouldn't trade him for Ed Davis.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

I'll only do a prediction.... pretty simple in that the Pacers will not do much. They'll hold onto their money, see what this young team will do, and their major signing will be Foster for two years.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't forget guys, we are going to have to make SOME signings or trades, because due to the new CBA, we will probably fall below that new 'minimum payroll' number. I could be mistaken, but I think that takes place (at least in some form) immediately this season.

Since we have a LOT of cap space, we have to assume a good chunk of that will need to be spent to satisfy this requirement.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    If Hibbert is moved, it will be to Atlanta for Josh Smith, or somehow that Rondo Deal goes down. But you wouldn't trade him for Ed Davis.
    I think Josh Smith will cost more than just Hibbert...I'm all for trading Hibbert for Smith (given the above scenario) but I'm sure ATL will want more.

The upside for ATL is that they could move Horford to PF and (given we're well under the cap) they can trade away Smith's contract.

From our point of veiw, I'm not too fond of his contract
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I think the only move will be signing Jamaal Crawford.

We'll consider others, but choose to hold onto our money.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

As much as a I love all of the talk and rumors I am on the side that we don't do much. We will probably resign Jeff and maybe Crawford, but I don't see us making a huge splash like getting Nene, or Gasol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

Resign Foster. Sign Chuck Hayes and Jamal Crawford. Save money going into next summer.
    Here we come lottery?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

We miss out on everyone and end up signing Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy for 4 years 30 million each. We then trade Paul George for Al Harrington.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm going to post my breakdown of our salary cap for the 2012 offseason here. MillerTime feel free to edit this into your post if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by D0NT SH0OT ME View Post
    This is a breakdown of the Pacers cap space for the 2012 off-season, as the roster stands today.

Under contract:

Danny Granger - $13,058,606
    Lance Stephenson - $915,243 (Non-guaranteed)

Subtotal - $13,973,849

Total - $13,973,849

Player Option:

Dahntay Jones - $2,900,000

Subtotal - $2,900,000

Total - $16,873,849

Team Option:

Tyler Hansbrough - $3,055,259
    Paul George - $2,574,120
    Darren Collison - $2,319,344

Subtotal - $7,948,723

Total - $24,822,572

Cap Holds:

James Posey - $11,393,400
    Brandon Rush - $8,869,974
    Roy Hibbert - $7,765,770
    George Hill - $6,259,077
    A.J Price - $854,389

Subtotal - $35,142,610

Total - $59,965,182

Important note: A player's cap hold will only count against a team's available cap space if they intend to re-sign that particular free agent. Teams can "renounce" a player in order to get rid of their cap hold, but this also forfeits that teams ability to use Bird Rights to re-sign the player (the ability to go over the salary cap when re-signing a player).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pacers will most certainly renounce their Bird Rights to James Posey and Brandon Rush, which would free up $20,263,374. I would assume that the Pacers will keep their Bird Rights to Roy Hibbert and George Hill, and possibly the rights to A.J Price as well. These moves would bring us to a cap figure of $39,701,808 which would give us $18,342,192 of cap space under the $58,044,000 Salary cap.

I don't want to overspend on this free agent class. After six years of rebuilding we finally have an opportunity to become a great team again, and I don't want to see us squander that chance by ruining our flexibility with bad contracts.

What I do want is to have enough cap space next season to offer at least one max contract. In order to achieve that we can spend at max $6 million this offseason, and that is only if next offseason we amnesty D. Jones, re-sign G. Hill to a contract starting at $5 million a year, and renounce our Bird Rights to A.J Price. I would offer a contract starting at $6 million a year to J. Crawford and D. West and would pray for them not to get a better offer.

If we don't get either of them, I'm fine with it, I would just fill out the roster with one year contracts so that when we come into the 2012 offseason we would be able to free up enough cap space to offer two max contracts to players with 7-9 years of experience ($17,413,200 each). In order to gain that much cap space we would have to amnesty D. Jones, re-sign G. Hill to a contract starting at $5,654,247 (and not a cent more), and renounce our Bird Rights to A.J Price and Roy Hibbert . With this cap space I would offer CP3/D. Williams and Dwight max contracts then recruit the ***** out of them.If CP3/D. Williams and Dwight were to sign elsewhere, we could still keep our Bird Rights to Roy and A.J Price, which would leave us with $26,206,241 in cap space.

I know getting CP3/D. Williams and Dwight to come to Indiana is extremely unlikely, but I would rather reach for the stars and get shot down than play it safe and always wonder about what could have been. At least we would be able to say we tried.
    Last edited by D0NT SH0OT ME; 12-04-2011 at 05:16 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D0NT SH0OT ME For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sign Crawford, and make an offer to Gasol. Then resign Mcroberts and Foster to get the minimum salary.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm in agreement with Pacers74.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Well we have to sign someone to reach the 85% level. I think we'll end up offerig a contract to Gasol, but Mepmhis matching it. Subsequently I see us trying for a second time on trading for Mayo as I don't see Memphis beying able to keep him after resigning Gasol.

I think we'll probably sign someone like Earl Clark who the Magic will probably have a hardtime retaining anyway (IF they decide to hold on to Dwight that is) for a relatively small contract, resign Jeff Foster for a one or max two year contract and try to sign Hayes. Something like that. Our biggest improvements will come via trades I think and we're trying to keep us much as possible money open for the 2012 FA period.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Well we have to sign someone to reach the 85% level. I think we'll end up offerig a contract to Gasol, but Mepmhis matching it. Subsequently I see us trying for a second time on trading for Mayo as I don't see Memphis beying able to keep him after resigning Gasol.
    This I believe - the Gasol interest, if true, is motivated largely by the increase in leverage to obtain Mayo (whose contract is cheaper than what Crawford will get).

were going to sign crawford...... then were going to make a move none of us expected...... i mean honestly in the past 2 yrs no trade rumors have been true and we have been completely surprised by the smart moves larry bird has done.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    were going to sign crawford...... then were going to make a move none of us expected...... i mean honestly in the past 2 yrs no trade rumors have been true and we have been completely surprised by the smart moves larry bird has done.
    That is not entierly true, we were talkng on here about Collison before he got traded to us. The G.Hill was under the radar. Nobody thought we were going to trade for him on draft night.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    True that. Out of all the rumors, signing Jamal Crawford will be the move most likely to happen. The more and more I think about it, I do believe that we lost a number of games, because we didn't have anyone to create their shots or put additional pressure on the defense in the final moments of the game.

Also, I can see Indiana making a minor trade with some combination of Rush/Jones/Posey/picks to get a backup PF, but one that no one will make an legit complaint about.

Minor things...waive AJ Price. Resign Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    That is not entierly true, we were talkng on here about Collison before he got traded to us. The G.Hill was under the radar. Nobody thought we were going to trade for him on draft night.
    I don't recall that much conversation about Darren Collison. To my knowledge, most people wanted a trade to get Jrue Holliday or Ty Lawson.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    I'll only do a prediction.... pretty simple in that the Pacers will not do much. They'll hold onto their money, see what this young team will do, and their major signing will be Foster for two years.
    We have to spend a minimum of $12M this season, according to the new CBA.

Mood

I think we'll re-sign Foster, and make at least one other significant acquisition via FA or trade. Roster is filled out with scraps like that Famous guy.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

My prediction is that we are going to sign Dwest because nobody else would want him and then we will sign a back up scrub similar to Solomon Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    My prediction is that we are going to sign Dwest because nobody else would want him and then we will sign a back up scrub similar to Solomon Jones.
    I could see that. My impression from him and the media is that David West is not getting that many suitors like other free agents. I could see Indiana luckily signing him for cheap.

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

We will sign or trade for 3 or 4 more bigs. One of them will be Foster and another will be a regular rotation player.