Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DeAndre Jordan

Default Re: DeAndre Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, 5/$40 was dead on. I'm glad we're not offering that to Jordan. I just don't see it.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Year_$40M_Deal
    The Clippers have offered DeAndre Jordan a five-year, $40 million offer, according to sources.
    Jordan, a restricted free agent, may still sign an offer sheet with a higher dollar amount that forces the Clippers to match.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1flRhGGxq
    yeah, and that 5/40 was a low ball offer to get jordan off the market. someone will offer him 4/40 or 4/45 after the big boys are signed. clips are just trying to save some money with a preemptive deal.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    I know what the point is. The difference between Roy and Jordan is that Roy has actually shown an ability to compete at a high level for a sustained period of time. The Clippers are offering a guy $8 million per year for one decent year of work. Jordan's situation isn't just about a team(s) overpaying him, but it's based mostly on a blind guess that he'll develop into a solid player. The ONLY thing he brings to a team right now is average rebounding and an ability to get help side blocks. One on one defensively he's not very good, he has ZERO offensive game, he rarely hustles, has stone hands, gets lost on the court, and is still trying to overcome the stigma that he's lazy. Did I mention he shoots 40% from the ft line? You just don't offer a guy like that a 5 year deal worth that amount. That's why the Clippers are the Clippers I guess...

Kaman will be available when this happens to some team. He'll be a good pick up for a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Kaman will be available when this happens to some team. He'll be a good pick up for a team.
    I brought that up on it's own thread but I'm in the minority. Kaman is 1 year removed from the all star team, coming off injuries that aren't major and he's a brute force in the paint. If we fail to get Nene, I'd love to trade for Kaman.

Right now, at his current ability level, Jordan isn't worth much more than the MLE. He's a very good rebounder and shot-blocker, but that's pretty much it.

But he's been developing well and you have to pay for potential. He has the tools to develop into an All-NBA defender like Chandler and in that case he'd be worth $13 million/year or so.

5/40 seems a very fair deal IMO. Maybe he'll get more because there are many teams with cap room, but there's a good chance he'll be overpaid in that case.