Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DeAndre Jordan

Banned

Default Re: DeAndre Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man...I'll be so excited when Gordon resigns with the Clippers, and we no longer have to spend countless hours trying to devise trades/plans to get him to Indiana.

The Gordon trade talks is starting to be commonplace as "Indiana is a bunch of thugs" comments....
    This a million times.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    So he is going to make more than Danny? 22ppg and 5apg and he is going to make more than Nash?
    So you can't tell the difference between a guy on Nene's level, and Eric Gordon. Understood. No need to be a smart *** about something you can't understand anymore. We get it.

Secondly, you guys are so sensitive. Nobody said anything in this thread about Gordon on the Pacers. It was just a discussion about what he will get paid. Not where.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gordon does not deserve max contract, and probably won't get it unless some team outside of Clips decides to offer him max.

Jordan is kind of okay right now, super inconsistent though. I do not value him and Marc Gasol anywhere close to equal.

With that being said he would be a good fit for this team though, he can play either the 4 or 5 depending on the need, neither can he play elite but be would be good by giving us different sets.

He still has tons of upside, and he runs the floor well, and with George, Paul, Tyler, and Granger we would have one of the faster lineups in the NBA.

I would not mind adding him, but not for the amount that it will cost to pry him from the Clips.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    So you can't tell the difference between a guy on Nene's level, and Eric Gordon. Understood. No need to be a smart *** about something you can't understand anymore. We get it.

Secondly, you guys are so sensitive. Nobody said anything in this thread about Gordon on the Pacers. It was just a discussion about what he will get paid. Not where.
    In case you missed it...it was the last sentence of the first post...

Then we would have a better chance a Gordon next summer.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    In case you missed it...it was the last sentence of the first post...
    Yep, completely missed it. My fault.

Banned

You don't get it, I am not trying to argue that Nene is better than EJ or that EJ is better than Nene, I was just pretending to be you and I was making the same crazy arguments you guys make when you don't agree with somebody, the "omg are you going to pay somebody like Nene 2mil more than Aldridge or Granger?" the "omg how are you going to pay a guy that average certain amount of points and certain amount of rebounds 2mil more than Danny?" as you can see anybody can make the same argument about any other player in the NBA, just because a guy makes so much because of his PPG and RPG doesn't mean that you couldn't pay less or more to another similar player.

Banned
    Mood

I don't see anything that outrageous about Eric Gordon getting near-max money, or even max money if a team really wants to try and pry him away from the Clippers.

From my experiences of browsing general NBA boards, Gordon is regarded as the best young SG in the league. 22/3/4 as a 22-year-old isn't too shabby (24/3/4.5 in the 41-games prior to his injury). Efficient, too, and a nice defender.

He'd look very good wearing blue & gold, but I can't see the Clippers letting him go when he'd make such an excellent "Robin" for Blake Griffin.

You don't get it, I am not trying to argue that Nene is better than EJ or that EJ is better than Nene, I was just pretending to be you and I was making the same crazy arguments you guys make when you don't agree with somebody, the "omg are you going to pay somebody like Nene 2mil more than Aldridge or Granger?" the "omg how are you going to pay a guy that average certain amount of points and certain amount of rebounds 2mil more than Danny?" as you can see anybody can make the same argument about any other player in the NBA, just because a guy makes so much because of his PPG and RPG doesn't mean that you couldn't pay less or more to another similar player.
    I know exactly what you're doing, I'm not stupid.

The debate itself boils down to Gordon is worth every bit of the max he'll get paid even if it might be a couple million more than Nash, and Nene isn't worth what he's likely going to get or what you're willing to pay him if it was up to you. If Nene was worth it, never would have cared, but he's not. Using your logic, I never want to hear you complain about anyone being overpaid again, because apparently it's just fine. You never stopped whining about it with Dunleavy, and Murphy but now it's cool to overpay because it's a player you want.

Here's a bit of information for you however, what I was discussing with player contributions vs salary recieved, is how agents and owners set the prices for players who are free agents. Laugh at it if you like and mock it, but it's how the business is done. They find similar players and lobby that they're deserving of similar contracts to those players.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Jordan is far, far below Nene and Gasol on my list. I'd rather trade for Kaman if he's healthy.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Jordan is far, far below Nene and Gasol on my list. I'd rather trade for Kaman if he's healthy.
    I agree with you on the first point, but the second is a little radical
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jordan benefits greatly from playing next to Blake Griffin. And no he cannot play pf.

And vnzla, Eric Gordon deserves to be paid more than Danny and nash. He is better than Danny and nash is old.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Jordan benefits greatly from playing next to Blake Griffin. And no he cannot play pf.

And vnzla, Eric Gordon deserves to be paid more than Danny and nash. He is better than Danny and nash is old.
    Deandre jumps at everything on defense. He is a very good help defender but a average on ball on 5s. If he had to guard good quick 4s he would be in foul trouble all night.

And yes Blake is the perfect fit for him offensively gets Deandre a lot of free put backs and dunks he gets a lot of the cheap points.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I've never say that EJ doesn't deserve a bigger contract than Danny, I was just making the same stupid arguments some guys here where making to tell me that a player like Nene doesn't deserve to get pay 2more mil than Danny or 2 more mil than Aldridge, but with a player they like they throw all those "facts" out of the window.

I've never say that EJ doesn't deserve a bigger contract than Danny, I was just making the same stupid arguments some guys here where making to tell me that a player like Nene doesn't deserve to get pay 2more mil than Danny or 2 more mil than Aldridge, but with a player they like they throw all those "facts" out of the window.
    I guess what the agents do is stupid. The facts are, EJ is worth it, and Nene isn't.

And with a player you like, you like to throw common sense out the window. Yet you'd be the first person in line whining in year 3-4 when he's making 18 million off his raises.

Banned

I guess what the agents do is stupid. The facts are, EJ is worth it, and Nene isn't.

And with a player you like, you like to throw common sense out the window. Yet you'd be the first person in line whining in year 3-4 when he's making 18 million off his raises.
    According to you EJ is worth it and Nene isn't, that is your opinion and I respect it, you should do the same when somebody disagrees with you.......... if a guy like Oden is getting pay 8.6mil next year for sitting on the bench I am pretty damn sure that a guy like Nene deserves 14mil a year, big guys get pay more in the NBA and you seem not to understand that.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-04-2011 at 12:49 PM.

According to you EJ is worth it and Nene isn't, that is your opinion and I respect it, you should do the same when somebody disagrees with you.......... if a guy like Oden is getting pay 8.6mil next year for sitting on the bench I am pretty damn sure that a guy like Nene deserves 14mil a year, big guys get pay more in the NBA and you seem not to understand that.
    Bigs tend to get paid more, but that doesn't necessarily make them worth more.

If Nene would take an offer of 14 mil for a single year, I think a lot of us might do that. It's the 4 years that makes it completely ridiculous.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

According to you EJ is worth it and Nene isn't, that is your opinion and I respect it, you should do the same when somebody disagrees with you..........
    WHAT? Really? After your smart *** comments and saying it was a "stupid argument" .... now you're going to claim that YOU respected my opinion? Yet, me just stating my counter argument by using other players performance vs salaries as reasoning for Nene not being worth it means I didn't respect yours?

That's an absolute joke. Me giving my opinion means I don't respect yours, but you can call my argument stupid and make fun of it, but you respected it. Yeah, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    Bigs tend to get paid more, but that doesn't necessarily make them worth more.

If Nene would take an offer of 14 mil for a single year, I think a lot of us might do that. It's the 4 years that makes it completely ridiculous.
    How 'bout front-loaded? Something like 15-14-13-12?

5 year $40 million offer for DeAndre Jordan? Wow. Let the guy prove himself a little more before you go offering $8 million per year for him. Another team could very well get him if they offer more and the Clippers don't match, but this has to improve our chances at least slightly that EJ could become a Pacer in a year.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    5 year $40 million offer for DeAndre Jordan? Wow. Let the guy prove himself a little more before you go offering $8 million per year for him. Another team could very well get him if they offer more and the Clippers don't match, but this has to improve our chances at least slightly that EJ could become a Pacer in a year.
    He'll get an offer sheet for more than that.

Bill Simmons' prediction was 5 for $46 million. Sounds about right.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    He'll get an offer sheet for more than that.

Bill Simmons' prediction was 5 for $46 million. Sounds about right.
    It may sound right, but it's not even close to what his actual worth is. I think certain teams just get so infatuated with stats and forget to look at actual on-court ability.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

It may sound right, but it's not even close to what his actual worth is. I think certain teams just get so infatuated with stats and forget to look at actual on-court ability.
    That's not the point.

It's really easy to say that you wouldn't pay Jordan more than $8 million, or David West $12 million, Nene $14 million, Josh McRoberts $2.5 million, Jeff Foster $2 million, Jamal Crawford $7 million, Tyson Chandler $14 million, Marc Gasol $14 million, etc. but somebody will. If you want a player, you have to pay to get him.

We'll go through the same thing with Roy Hibbert a year from now. People will say, "I wouldn't pay Roy Hibbert $10 million." But somebody will.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Well, 5/$40 was dead on. I'm glad we're not offering that to Jordan. I just don't see it.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Year_$40M_Deal
    The Clippers have offered DeAndre Jordan a five-year, $40 million offer, according to sources.
    Jordan, a restricted free agent, may still sign an offer sheet with a higher dollar amount that forces the Clippers to match.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1flRhGGxq

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    That's not the point.

It's really easy to say that you wouldn't pay Jordan more than $8 million, or David West $12 million, Nene $14 million, Josh McRoberts $2.5 million, Jeff Foster $2 million, Jamal Crawford $7 million, Tyson Chandler $14 million, Marc Gasol $14 million, etc. but somebody will. If you want a player, you have to pay to get him.

We'll go through the same thing with Roy Hibbert a year from now. People will say, "I wouldn't pay Roy Hibbert $10 million." But somebody will.
    I know what the point is. The difference between Roy and Jordan is that Roy has actually shown an ability to compete at a high level for a sustained period of time. The Clippers are offering a guy $8 million per year for one decent year of work. Jordan's situation isn't just about a team(s) overpaying him, but it's based mostly on a blind guess that he'll develop into a solid player. The ONLY thing he brings to a team right now is average rebounding and an ability to get help side blocks. One on one defensively he's not very good, he has ZERO offensive game, he rarely hustles, has stone hands, gets lost on the court, and is still trying to overcome the stigma that he's lazy. Did I mention he shoots 40% from the ft line? You just don't offer a guy like that a 5 year deal worth that amount. That's why the Clippers are the Clippers I guess...

I know what the point is. The difference between Roy and Jordan is that Roy has actually shown an ability to compete at a high level for a sustained period of time. The Clippers are offering a guy $8 million per year for one decent year of work. Jordan's situation isn't just about a team(s) overpaying him, but it's based mostly on a blind guess that he'll develop into a solid player. The ONLY thing he brings to a team right now is average rebounding and an ability to get help side blocks. One on one defensively he's not very good, he has ZERO offensive game, he rarely hustles, has stone hands, gets lost on the court, and is still trying to overcome the stigma that he's lazy. Did I mention he shoots 40% from the ft line? You just don't offer a guy like that a 5 year deal worth that amount. That's why the Clippers are the Clippers I guess...
    He's also Griffin's best friend on the team.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.