Thread: 2012 Pacers preview....ft Reggie Miller

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 2012 Pacers preview....ft Reggie Miller

I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Default Re: 2012 Pacers preview....ft Reggie Miller

I Agree with Reggie 100%, As i do 99% Of the time!

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

1. Isn't just about every non-contender a superstar away from contending? There are a couple exceptions every year, but it seems like if you drop LeBron, Wade, Kobe in his prime, Duncan in his prime on just about any other team, they become a contender.

2. Why is it that the set and Reggie's jacket looks like this was filmed in 1997?

Otherwise, a good piece with some good analysis. I think the hope is that George becomes Batman to Granger's Robin, but we'll see.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Otherwise, a good piece with some good analysis. I think the hope is that George becomes Batman to Granger's Robin, but we'll see.
    I agree, but here's my question. What exactly do you need from George to walk away from this season believing he will?

I'm looking for a 14 point, 6 rebound, 2+ assists and maintaining his defense we saw in the playoffs. I want to see progress in his ability to create his own shot, and be the guy you give the ball to with 6-8 seconds left on the shot clock to get his own.

I see that, and I'll start believing.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I agree, but here's my question. What exactly do you need from George to walk away from this season believing he will?

I'm looking for a 14 point, 6 rebound, 2+ assists and maintaining his defense we saw in the playoffs. I want to see progress in his ability to create his own shot, and be the guy you give the ball to with 6-8 seconds left on the shot clock to get his own.

Yup, he is already money from the mid range. If he can finish around the rim better and hit his three with consistency. I'm actually not worried about his three, but I'd like to see him shoot it better. He has an pretty shot so it'll drop eventually. I thought his passing ability wasn't talked about enough either.

He's already got the defense, rebounding, and imo passing. If he can just start to develop an offensive game he has the speed and height at his position to be unguardable.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

I'm looking to see a young Tracy McGrady. As to particular numbers, I'd be tracking their careers and looking at comparing them statistically. Looking at the numbers, your output would be close to McGrady's third year in the league, which would make them about the same age at the time, as well.

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    Yup, he is already money from the mid range. If he can finish around the rim better and hit his three with consistency. I'm actually not worried about his three, but I'd like to see him shoot it better. He has an pretty shot so it'll drop eventually. I thought his passing ability wasn't talked about enough either.

He's already got the defense, rebounding, and imo passing. If he can just start to develop an offensive game he has the speed and height at his position to be unguardable.
    The three ball will fall eventually; as long as his percentage starts looking better than Travis Diener's, that's what matters. I think the thing Paul needs to work on the most, however, is his handling. He's got some skills, but last season, more times than not, he was losing his handles easily, fumbling the ball on passes, etc.

I've seen and I know that he has a fair amount of dribbling capabilities, but actually holding onto the ball, catching it properly, etc. is something that he should really work on. The handling is what gets you from the perimeter into the paint to score, which is something he already does well.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This year I see PG with 15ppg, 5 rpg, 2 ast, 1+ stl, 1blk, 2 to
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

this is airing tonight on gametime Frank Vogel is on as well giving an interview

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Well, I think , that Paul George and Roy Hibbert will develop INTO the stars we need..

PATIENCE damnit..
    Everyone all talking about Gasol this, Crawford that ...and etc.

Losag and his McBeady eyes can stay in Memphis if he thinks he is gonna take Roy's place, as far as I'm concerned...

Then no talk of re-signing McRoberts, yet there are talks of Landry? .... really? ... really... REALLY? REALLY??

Pacer's F.O. should at LEAST give McRoberts a 1 yr deal to give him a chance under Vogel ...

The bloody hell with those guys...

You certainly don't destroy chemistry being developed by gutting half of the team and trading the new face of your franchise..
    Like it or not, Roy is just as much a face, if not moreso than Danny , and in such a short time.. That is VERY telling.. and should NOT be dismissed... NOT for Marc Gasol..

As a fan ,I am invested in Roy and Paul , and they both are invested in us (Pacers) ..

Are Gasol and Crawford invested in us? Do they, in their heart, want to be a Pacer?

Or are we just another situation to make more money and/or a stepping stone to get a more important role/minutes ?

That tells me all I need to know, and no one is gonna convince me otherwise regarding Roy and George..

When I watched Hibbert and George last year for instance, I found myself standing up out of my chair and fist-pumping with a resounding YESSS!! everytime they would make a good play or score..

I haven't done that since Reggie Miller, and before that Larry Bird ...

That speaks volumes to me, and SHOULD to all of you who found yourself doing the same thing when normally you don't ...
    Last edited by Kemo; 12-04-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Well, I think , that Paul George and Roy Hibbert will develop INTO the stars we need..

PATIENCE damnit..
    Everyone all talking about Gasol this, Crawford that ...and etc.

Losag and his McBeady eyes can stay in Memphis if he thinks he is gonna take Roy's place, as far as I'm concerned...

Then no talk of re-signing McRoberts, yet there are talks of Landry? .... really? ... really... REALLY? REALLY??

Pacer's F.O. should at LEAST give McRoberts a 1 yr deal to give him a chance under Vogel ...

The bloody hell with those guys...

You certainly don't destroy chemistry being developed by gutting half of the team and trading the new face of your franchise..
    Like it or not, Roy is just as much a face, if not moreso than Danny , and in such a short time.. That is VERY telling.. and should NOT be dismissed... NOT for Marc Gasol..

As a fan ,I am invested in Roy and Paul , and they both are invested in us (Pacers) ..

Are Gasol and Crawford invested in us? Do they, in their heart, want to be a Pacer?

Or are we just another situation to make more money and/or a stepping stone to get a more important role/minutes ?

That tells me all I need to know, and no one is gonna convince me otherwise regarding Roy and George..

When I watched Hibbert and George last year for instance, I found myself standing up out of my chair and fist-pumping with a resounding YESSS!! everytime they would make a good play or score..

I haven't done that since Reggie Miller, and before that Larry Bird ...

That speaks volumes to me, and SHOULD to all of you who found yourself doing the same thing when normally you don't ...
    Loyalty is important, but don't let it blind you to upgrades. I am in no way eager to trade hibbert, nor do I see better affordable options. But josh? If he demands more than about 4 million a year he's not worth it, and landry is a much better player than Josh is right now. Landry at 6 million is a better deal than josh at 4.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    1. Isn't just about every non-contender a superstar away from contending? There are a couple exceptions every year, but it seems like if you drop LeBron, Wade, Kobe in his prime, Duncan in his prime on just about any other team, they become a contender.
    If you are talking about LeBron or Kobe two years ago yes, if you are talking about your average superstars, no.