Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wells Tweets

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Wells Tweets

http://www.hoopsworld.com/#panel1-1

MikeWellsNBAMike Wells

@epicjackson crawford isn't a negative players. @alanhahn will co-sign on that.2 minutes ago
    MikeWellsNBAMike Wells

[QUOTE]@TimDonahue8p9s @kyle_a_martin @zachlowe_si i wouldn't do sign n trade w gasol for hibbert if i were memphis.[/QUOTE]

MikeWellsNBAMike Wells

Pacers have lost a number of games over the years because of lack of scoring options late.
    4 minutes ago

MikeWellsNBAMike Wells

Interest btween Pacers and J Crawford is mutual. Crawford and G Hill 2gether in the backcourt w Granger for scoring options late n games.

4 minutes ago

MikeWellsNBAMike Wells

@kyle_a_martin @TimDonahue8p9s @zachlowe_si Pacers like Gasol, but word is the Griz plan to match offers made to him
    Sittin on top of the world!

Default Re: Wells Tweets

Even if Griz match, they are pretty much screwed from signing anyone else. Seems like a win win. lol
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

If the interest is mutual, hopefully we won't have to overpay Crawford.

I tweeted Wells saying, "Jamal Crawford is willing to come off the bench. George Hill and Crawford coming off the bench? Look out."

Reply: "I still say Hill starts at one point. Solid bench with Collison, Tyler and Crawford coming off it w Foster. Great depth of bench."

I assume he believes we'll sign a PF to start in front of Tyler? Either way a 6th/7the man of Crawford/Hill or Crawford/Collison is very strong.
    Here we come lottery?

Since this is likely going to be a recurring theme, could we start adding the date to these thread titles to keep track? Thanks

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I am on board with crawford as long as it doesnt exceed 8M a year

I think he would fit in lovely

On the Griz, they would then have 3max guys : Gay, Gasol and Randolph, factor in 45M for Connelly and OJ is up for an extension

lots of $$$$$$

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

I don't understand crawford. Yeah, he addresses late scoring issues, but that's why you save your money and trade/sign an all star level player, not someone that is as streaky as Crawford. Especially with the log jam at SG.

I don't understand Gasol either. He doesn't deserve a max and I'd be annoyed if the Pacers offered that to him. His numbers parallel Hibbert's and Hibbert is younger and would have to be traded if they signed Gasol.

Just doesn't make any sense to me. Neither does Well's opinion that George Hill should be the starting point. People get annoyed with Collison because he isn't pass first, but you think George Hill is?!

Sad to say this since I like Roy so much, but Mark Gasol is definitely better than Roy no matter offense, defense and mobility. That's why actually he's been regarded the top player of all free agents this year by executives around the league. Definitely an ideal center piece to build around.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chungyus For This Useful Post:

Crawford's scoring is all-star caliber, and I don't think he's known to be less consistent than anyone else in that regard. I don't see a log jam at the 2, honestly. Hill will float back and forth, and the only other one that demands playing time is Paul, who can also backup Danny at the 3 to get his full minutes in.

Just as one hypothetical example:

DC 28 min Hill 20
    Paul 12 min Jamal 25 min Hill 11
    Granger 35 min Paul 13 min

The players left hurting are Lance, Rush, and Jones. And I'm fine with that.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since this is likely going to be a recurring theme, could we start adding the date to these thread titles to keep track? Thanks
    no problem

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Crawford's scoring is all-star caliber, and I don't think he's known to be less consistent than anyone else in that regard. I don't see a log jam at the 2, honestly. Hill will float back and forth, and the only other one that demands playing time is Paul, who can also backup Danny at the 3 to get his full minutes in.

DC 28 min Hill 20

agreed

you got to figure though if we sign crawford, between Rush and Jones one of the two, if not both will be traded or bought out

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Crawford is a pretty high character guy who wants to win. He is almost militantly loyal to his hometown (Seattle) which I love and he obviously loves playing basketball. He plays a lot in the offseason and I think you have to worry more about himself burning out than getting fat and out of shape, which is getting more and more unusual in the NBA. If you can get him to buy into the system we are trying to run he is an obvious guy you want here.

Good interview with him for a few years back here:

Last edited by idioteque; 12-02-2011 at 03:39 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

There's the chance we want to work Danny more at the 4 (Leave JOB outta this!!!) to get our best players out there more often. Say 10-12 minutes a game at the 4 for Danny. That opens up back court minutes since George will slide down.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

DC 28 min Hill 20

You know I was thinking that with George Hill, we wouldn't really have room for Crawford, but with Wells tweet and your post, I'm starting to go back on that. I was all for Crawford pre George Hill trade because he certainly fits a need, scoring and creating his own shot. But with GH being able to be at the 1&2 and PG being at the 2&3, we definitely could fit him in.

On a good contract, I think we should bring him in. Rush is as good as gone. I've never been a big fan of Jones, his play sometimes pays off, but often leaves me frustrated. And who knows about Lance. Just thinking about how Chicago shut everyone down outside of Granger, we really could use Crawford. Adding Hill helps, but Crawford really would improve our scoring.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    You know I was thinking that with George Hill, we wouldn't really have room for Crawford, but with Wells tweet and your post, I'm starting to go back on that.
    Notice how Wells basically throws out a new rumor everyday just to keep himself relevant. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

West, Milsap, Crawford or sign free agents or only make trades.

Guarantee he isn't getting anything from Bird & Co. that you don't already know.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    Notice how Wells basically throws out a new rumor everyday just to keep himself relevant. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Guarantee he isn't getting anything from Bird & Co. that you don't already know.
    You know Bird isn't feeding Wells ANYTHING truthful.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Sports Logo

If we do end up with Crawford then I would suggest trading Collison and a pick to Utah for Millsap. This could be really interesting in my opinion. Crawford is a good scorer and a great ball handler. There are talks about Hill being our starting point guard (Wells), and Crawford could be great at helping him run our offense. This is the rotation I suggest:

Hill/AJ or Lance
    Crawford/George/Rush (doesn't matter who starts, crawford gets more minutes and closes out games)
    Granger/George
    Millsap/Tyler
    Roy/Foster

I think this starting 5 would be really a lot more balanced than our previous one in terms of offense/defense. We would add 2 more scorers next to Danny - Millsap as an inside scorer, and Crawford as an iso-create his own shot scorer.
    My only concern here is whether Hill has what it takes to be a starting point guard in the NBA - does he have the court vision for it? If he does, we're going to be a really, really good team in my opinion

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    If we do end up with Crawford then I would suggest trading Collison and a pick to Utah for Millsap. This could be really interesting in my opinion. Crawford is a good scorer and a great ball handler. There are talks about Hill being our starting point guard (Wells), and Crawford could be great at helping him run our offense. This is the rotation I suggest:

Hill/AJ or Lance
    Crawford/George/Rush (doesn't matter who starts, crawford gets more minutes and closes out games)
    Granger/George
    Millsap/Tyler
    Roy/Foster

I think this starting 5 would be really a lot more balanced than our previous one in terms of offense/defense. We would add 2 more scorers next to Danny - Millsap as an inside scorer, and Crawford as an iso-create his own shot scorer.
    My only concern here is whether Hill has what it takes to be a starting point guard in the NBA - does he have the court vision for it? If he does, we're going to be a really, really good team in my opinion
    Jamal Crawford is a pg if you are considering Hill one. They are both combo guards IMO but I would bet if we get Jamal and trade DC he would play point at times and be the main backup or starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post

I'm not talking about the rumors, just his opinion on how Crawford would fit into the team. Just got me thinking about him again.

Banned

Crawford is what we needed last year to close the deal in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Game 1*****.
    Here we come lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    It would be nice to have someone in the backcourt that could just go off offensively. Haven't had that since, what, Jackson?

Miller?

Rose?

I don't remember.

Banned

By the way I was watching a Jamaal Crawford interview and somebody mentioned that there is a 3 1/2 minutes video of him hitting clutch shots, let me see if I can find it.

HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar

Watching that interview, WOW. Jamal Crawford is not at all what I expected. What an absolute class act. I would love to have him in a Pacers uniform. I never really paid much attention to him in the past. But I have to say that he may be one of the most well spoken NBA players I have ever listened to.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to glazedham42 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Crawford is an All Star level shot creator, not scorer. Bad shot selection and 40% from the field (a couple seasons in the 39% area), is not an All Star level scorer for me.

He can create shots, he just doesn't make them. That's a negative to me, not a positive.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

He could help the team no doubt, but at age 31 is there someone younger that would eventually fill out that role?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....