Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 128

Thread: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

  1. #1
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    On my way home tonight on JMV, they got McRoberts on the fly to do a radio interview. He was asked whether the Pacers have reached out to his agent and he directly said that he didn't think that they wanted him back and that he was very disappointed about it. He compared it to his girlfriend who was looking at other men.

    This made me sad. I like what McRoberts brought, I think there's definitely room on the 15 player roster for him, and I wish he'd get a new deal.

    Mackey_Rose, you seem to know an awful lot about what's going on with McBob behind the scenes... is this an issue of a mismatch of salary vs. expectations or is this just an issue of going a different direction?

    Any insights here from anyone?

    On a positive note, he did say that his agent heard from more than 5 other teams yesterday, which was good news.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    I'd like to bring Josh back as well. Good player. Good Teammate.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    I'm kind of happy that he is not coming back but I'll be mad if they replace him with an equal player in Landry and pay more money at the end.

  6. #4
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    I has a sad.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,963

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Explains why they tried dealing him for Mayo.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,564
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    I wish Josh all the success in the world. After what he was put through with our franchise, he deserves a big payday (and I don't mean the candy bar).

    Apparently the Pacers are truly going after Millsap, and I hope they get him because somebody has to score and rebound now that we have gone away from players who are capable of executing a passing based offense.

    For the life of me, I don't know who is going to pass the ball now unless it is George Hill. Dunleavy is gone, Granger either spots up or drives, Collison is not a passer within the type of offense run here, Hibbert isn't strong enough to hold his position to facilitate as the hub of the offense in the mid post area, and Hansbrough doesn't pass much either. Also, assuming Rush is traded, the other remaining guys from before tend to be poor decision makers when it comes to passing.

    I also don't know who will provide the backstop behind the wing defense that apparently is going to consist of Paul George in the starting lineup and George Hill as the primary defender and ball handler for the second unit. Hibbert will be very vulnerable without a third defender on the perimeter, as well as to post ups without the protection that McRoberts provided even while playing injured during the playoffs.

    I am going to try to

    Trust Bird and Morway
    Trust Bird and Morway
    Trust Bird and Morway
    Trust Bird and Morway
    Trust Bird and Morway
    Trust Bird and Morway
    Trust Bird and Morway
    Trust Bird and Morway

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,660

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Well, if McRoberts is looking for MLE money like a couple of you guys were arguing last season that he would be worth this year, you can bet your butt the Pacers are not interested.

    But really, McRoberts would not be one of the first guys the Pacers would look to sign. He will be a player who helps fill out the roster, so he will need to be patient if he is looking to re-sign with the Pacers.

    And sorry, vnzla, McRoberts is no Landry. Josh has a lot of good qualities, one being that he is able to also provide minutes at 5, but he is nowhere near the interior scorer that Landry is.

  13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  14. #8

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Honestly makes no sense. He's 24, would be relatively cheap, from here, fans like him, improving. It's just dumb to not even try and bring him back.

  15. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  16. #9
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,402

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    We have some money and I think we are moving up the food chain pretty soon. Recall that Josh started a number of games last year. I don't think either Tyler or Josh are ever going to be all-star calibre PF's...which you pretty much need to contend. I suspect though that Josh is good enough trade bait as a backup...and Tyler will be our backup.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,614

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Maybe he is simply trying to create a sense of urgency by the Pacers

    Just because they have yet to reach out to his agent, doesnt mean they wont
    Sittin on top of the world!

  19. #11
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    I have a feeling someone is going to ridiculously overpay for Josh. He will be fine, and can live in Indy in the offseason and after he retires. I'm happy he was able to get his career back on track here, he was on his way out of the league when he came over here in 2008.

  20. #12
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,278
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    God I hope we resign him
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a feeling someone is going to ridiculously overpay for Josh. He will be fine, and can live in Indy in the offseason and after he retires. I'm happy he was able to get his career back on track here, he was on his way out of the league when he came over here in 2008.
    I've thought for a while now that some team will look at his size, athleticism, youth, and unique skillset and throw a very large portion of their MLE at him, maybe even the whole thing.

  23. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,660

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe he is simply trying to create a sense of urgency by the Pacers

    Just because they have yet to reach out to his agent, doesnt mean they wont
    I could buy that. You can't blame anyone for wanting to settle their prospects as quickly as possible; no one likes everything left open to the last minute.

    It would be nice if the Pacers let him know they would have interest, but they just probably don't want to make an offer before settling other roster positions.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  25. #15
    The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Carmel, IN/Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...



    Carmel HS Class of 2011

  26. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And sorry, vnzla, McRoberts is no Landry. Josh has a lot of good qualities, one being that he is able to also provide minutes at 5, but he is nowhere near the interior scorer that Landry is.
    I agree with this, the problem I have is that I rather sign a guy like Mcbob for 3mil instead of signing Landry for 5mil, Mcbob is younger and he does little things that stats don't show, another point I have is that if we are going to stay mediocre why not just do it the cheapest way possible?

  27. #17

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Thought he was awful in the playoffs. Don't understand keeping two backup power forwards for rotation money. Third guy should be on rookie deal or minimum wage.

    He has no business playing center, either. Foster was the only one on the team that could consistently defend the position.

    Rather put resources to a real backup center and/or starting-caliber power forward. McRoberts qualifies as neither.

    Good call, powers that be.

  28. #18

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    He didn't have a good playoff series, which is understandable for playing on one leg.

    I'll miss Josh if he doesn't return. He's one of my favorite Pacers, and he's also a one of a kind player at his position. We'll definitely lose some overall team strengths with him gone, but I'm assuming we'll gain a lot if he's not (unless we sign Landry).

  29. #19
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,628

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Hurray, he's going to a team smart enough to go after him which means he'll be with a winner. I'll be rooting all the way.


    No GOOD reason it shouldn't be the Pacers, but I guess we will see now. Lord help everyone who doesn't want another PFFL if he has even modest production with another team.

    JOB we keep for years and years and give him tons of "playing time" before finally dumping him...after extending him, but whatever, but low pay Josh barely got any PT and isn't good enough for a frontline of 4 guys, one on the verge of retirement/injury potential because maybe we are going after Milsap and lord knows 5 frontline guys is way, way too many.



    On the other hand this is his feeling now but maybe he's misread how they are dealing with things (first things first that is).

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  31. #20
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,628

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he was awful in the playoffs. Don't understand keeping two backup power forwards for rotation money. Third guy should be on rookie deal or minimum wage.

    He has no business playing center, either. Foster was the only one on the team that could consistently defend the position.

    Rather put resources to a real backup center and/or starting-caliber power forward. McRoberts qualifies as neither.

    Good call, powers that be.
    He was hurt going into the final 2 weeks and the playoffs. It was pretty obvious.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  33. #21
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,412

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Personally, I hope that we bring him back, and NOT because he's from Indiana. IMHO, McRoberts brought a very unique set of skills to the PF spot, and it allowed us to throw a different type of offense when he was in the game.

    McRoberts had good ball-handling skills for a PF, could pass, shoot 3's, and was good for an occasional highlight dunk.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  35. #22
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,278
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I hope that we bring him back, and NOT because he's from Indiana. IMHO, McRoberts brought a very unique set of skills to the PF spot, and it allowed us to throw a different type of offense when he was in the game.

    McRoberts had good ball-handling skills for a PF, could pass, shoot 3's, and was good for an occasional highlight dunk.
    And half or more of the games the Pacers won last season by 10 points or fewer were because McBob threw one down and breathed energy into the team. All of those will be losses next year. SMDH
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  37. #23
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,118

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Uh, ya. Don't agree on that one. I will miss him, but not because of that.

  38. #24
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Josh McRoberts doesn't believe the Pacers will re-sign him...

    Crazy. Unless he wants stupid money, bringing him back seems like a no-brainer.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  40. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he was awful in the playoffs. Don't understand keeping two backup power forwards for rotation money. Third guy should be on rookie deal or minimum wage.

    He has no business playing center, either. Foster was the only one on the team that could consistently defend the position.

    Rather put resources to a real backup center and/or starting-caliber power forward. McRoberts qualifies as neither.

    Good call, powers that be.
    Unfortunately probably a good call to not resign him. As you said - don't need another backup 4. However, that's why it was stupid to draft Tyler. I personally would rather have Josh as a backup, but they are committed to Tyler. I'm just not sure why.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 08:05 PM
  2. Hollinger's 2010-11 Pacers Forecast
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 07:06 PM
  3. Pacers-Celtics Matchups (IndyStar)
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 09:41 AM
  5. Wages of Wins Pacers Preview
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •