1. Can Roy Hibbert play this season without having episodes of depression or self doubt? He has had Satan exercised from his life and we all know that Frank is one step below Tony Robins as a motivational speaker. So in other words we will find out how much of what has transpired in the past has been because Roy was mentally beaten down or Roy was mentally weak.
2. How good is Paul George? There is a lot riding on our tall athletic shooting guard and expectations run from just being a good contributor to being an all-star (maybe not this season but I know some of us think it will come). This question has a lot of sub questions built into it as well. Will he become part of the offense on a nightly basis, will he be able keep up the defensive intensity that he showed in the playoffs, has he developed a mid range game?
3. What do we need at the four spot? Not so much of who but what. Do we want an athletic four who is like a pogo stick with some offensive game? Do we want a brute that will just clog the lane on defense and maybe help out when they can on offense? Do we want a power forward that spreads the floor? Are you more interested in the player being a better defender or offensive player? Can Tyler ft the bill for any of these and if not who for you is the answer?
4. Darren Collison or George Hill? Honestly didnít think weíd have to make this decision this early on but Mike Wells seems to think that Hill will eventually be the starter. Who do you want? What skills do either bring to the position, what skills do either lack?
5. Frank Vogel, saint or angel? Ok, just kidding (well sort of) but letís be honest there are questions to answer here as well. Can he handle the minute distribution from what appears to be somewhat of a glut in the backcourt? George, Hill, Collison, Jones, Price & letís not forget Larry Birds favorite player Lance. Will he be able to hold these guys together as the year goes on? Last year Iím certain they were all just thrilled to be unshackled from the evil clutches of Satan and almost anyone could have had a positive impact. But now the newness is off and the stench of the previous failure is starting to waft away can he hold them together once they hit their first losing streak.
There are a lot more questions going into the season but these are the five I want to start with. Let me hear your answers.