Page 97 of 132 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3297

Thread: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

  1. #2401
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pathil275 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, what a classless comment by Billups. Sometimes it just takes one comment to ruin your own reputation. Moron.

    A team below the cap should bid on him and TRADE him to a contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    which is probably what will happen.
    Per new CBA (and Larry Coon), you can't trade a claimed player until next offseason.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  3. #2402
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,677

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Per new CBA (and Larry Coon), you can't trade a claimed player until next offseason.
    and Billups only has 1 year left, so that's that.

  4. #2403
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,182

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Per new CBA (and Larry Coon), you can't trade a claimed player until next offseason.
    Really? I thought Larry Coon said in a chat that it would probably be 30 days before you can trade a claimed player. But that it's not yet final.

    The next offseason rule is if Chauncey wants to go back to NY.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  6. #2404
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This. Also. last time I checked, Bynum isn't David Robinson and Hibbert isn't Tim Duncan. Neither of them are Hakeem.

    Plus why would LA trade Bynum to Indy if they aren't getting another center back? Would you rather give them Granger or George?
    Didn't say it was possible, or that I'd like to give up any exceptional talent for him. IF we had to give any meaningful piece for him I wouldn't want him.

    Just laughing at the stupid conventional wisdom that two centers can't play together. Especially when we're talking about one in particular who currently does that for the Lakers. An idiot ESPN reporter told you it couldn't happen, so now you believe that nonsense.

  7. #2405
    Member trs72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Valparaiso
    Age
    41
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, I just lost a ton of respect for Billups. This was about as shallow and self-serving of a proclamation as I've heard in some time.

    He makes over 10 million $/year. He has truly lost perspective.

    Stay away from him.
    Same here. I'm sure he is upset but to go on a rant like that doe snot look good on his character. I take back what I originally said, I dont want him on the Pacers with that kind of attitude if he thinks he is still a top starter in this league.
    When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my @$$ - Bobby Knight

    I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball - Pete Rose

  8. #2406

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just laughing at the stupid conventional wisdom that two centers can't play together. Especially when we're talking about one in particular who currently does that for the Lakers. An idiot ESPN reporter told you it couldn't happen, so now you believe that nonsense.
    I didn't say any two centers. I said Bynum and Hibbert. Two centers could play together if they are the right combination of centers and Hibbert and Bynum ain't that.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  9. #2407
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,677

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Just laughing at the stupid conventional wisdom that two centers can't play together.
    ...except nobody said that was conventional wisdom.

    Especially when we're talking about one in particular who currently does that for the Lakers.
    ...as the center, not the PF.

    An idiot ESPN reporter told you it couldn't happen, so now you believe that nonsense.
    ....no, common sense says that it couldn't happen.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  11. #2408
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,677

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Andrew Bynum played 0 minutes of power forward last year for the Lakers.

    Roy Hibbert played 0 minutes of power forward for the Pacers.

    They can't start together. Case closed.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  13. #2409
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,182

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    The Pacers should nab him anyway. There's no downside, well unless we've somehow used up our remaining cap space. We either get a veteran player (or possibly a trade asset), or he retires and forfeits the rest of his salary.

    Geez man, you're an unrestricted FA next year. You can pick and choose all you want then.

  14. #2410
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't say any two centers. I said Bynum and Hibbert. Two centers could play together if they are the right combination of centers and Hibbert and Bynum ain't that.
    Sure it could work. In certain situations Hands Bro would have to be rotated in for matchup reasons, but Bynum can move better than people think. Because we have such a solid backup PF in Hands Bro, there aren't very many centers that wouldn't work starting next to Roy... Basically it would have to be a nice rotation allowing matchups and Roy's foul trouble to dictate who played how much.
    Last edited by mattie; 12-10-2011 at 03:52 PM.

  15. #2411

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, in poker there is deception involved. This is as obvious as it gets.

    Billups wants to go to Miami out of spite, and his agent wants him to go unclaimed so he can negotiate another contract on top of the one he's already getting.
    Poker requires deception and bluffing which is what he is doing. This is about money as usual. Some team doesn't want him. That's ok he'll take more money.

  16. #2412
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Andrew Bynum played 0 minutes of power forward last year for the Lakers.

    .
    No. But ok.

    This is a bit like the debate on whether Tyson could play PF earlier this year we had. Everyone said no. Then he proceded to spend the majority of his time on the court defending the one of the quickest PF's in the game, Bosh, during the Finals.

  17. #2413
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,677

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. But ok.
    http://www.82games.com/0910/09LAL13.HTM

    ...actually, yes. But ok.

    Andrew Bynum did not play one second of power forward last season.

    Also, Tyson Chandler is quicker than Roy and Bynum combined.

  18. #2414
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,743

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Pietrus trade called off
    Phoenix Suns update:

    The Suns' agreement to trade swingman Mickael Pietrus to Toronto has been called off because Pietrus had slight knee swelling after a workout for the Raptors, according to Pietrus' agent Bill McCandless.

    McCandless said the trade has been "postponed" and that Pietrus did not fail his Friday physical exam. He said the Raptors medical staff determined that Pietrus needed two to four more weeks to be cleared for play. Toronto will likely move another direction to fill the roster slot.

    Toronto's doctors flagged something they saw in Pietrus' MRI exam on his right knee, which underwent minor surgery this summer after he missed the final 12 games of the last Suns season too.

    The Suns had agreed to send Pietrus, who will make $5.3 million this season, to Toronto with cash for a conditional second-round pick.

    McCandless said Pietrus now plans to return to Phoenix, join the Suns and undergo rehabilitation on the knee.

    "This is just an injured player," McCandless said. "Mike says he will be ready. He's been working out for two weeks. Is he in game shape? No."

    Pietrus plays on the wing, where the Suns already have Grant Hill, Jared Dudley, Shannon Brown and Josh Childress
    http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/150528
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  19. #2415

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. But ok.

    This is a bit like the debate on whether Tyson could play PF earlier this year we had. Everyone said no. Then he proceded to spend the majority of his time on the court defending the one of the quickest PF's in the game, Bosh, during the Finals.
    Um, who did Bynum play PF with? Gasol is more of a PF/C. If they were both in at the same time, Bynum would be considered the C. Not Gasol.

    Tyson guarded Bosh:

    1)To keep Dirk out of foul trouble

    2)He was quick enough to. He's much quicker than Hibbert or Bynum.

    3)He's a better defensive big man than Dirk.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  20. #2416
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.82games.com/0910/09LAL13.HTM

    ...actually, yes. But ok.

    Andrew Bynum did not play one second of power forward last season.
    You realize Gasol and Bynum switched defensive duties from time to time while they were both on the court right?

    This is absurd.

  21. #2417
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.82games.com/0910/09LAL13.HTM

    ...actually, yes. But ok.

    Andrew Bynum did not play one second of power forward last season.

    Also, Tyson Chandler is quicker than Roy and Bynum combined.
    I'm pretty sure that JOb used Roy as a PG a couple of times. That's why he wanted him at the elbow, so he could use that 7'2" frame so he could see over the defense.

    Sadly, I'm only partly joking.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  23. #2418

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize Gasol and Bynum switched defensive duties from time to time while they were both on the court right?

    This is absurd.
    So when defending a pick-and-roll, if Hibbert switches onto the PG, suddenly Hibbert is a PG?
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:


  25. #2419
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,677

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize Gasol and Bynum switched defensive duties from time to time while they were both on the court right?

    This is absurd.
    actually, no they didn't, at least not voluntarily.

    Yes, this is absurd. You're fighting an argument that you lost a long time ago.

  26. #2420
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um, who did Bynum play PF with? Gasol is more of a PF/C. If they were both in at the same time, Bynum would be considered the C. Not Gasol.

    Tyson guarded Bosh:

    1)To keep Dirk out of foul trouble

    2)He was quick enough to. He's much quicker than Hibbert or Bynum.

    3)He's a better defensive big man than Dirk.
    Really? Your argument is Gasol is more a PF than Bynum, so completely disreguarding the actual matchups on the court, that means Bynum can't play PF. Just ridiculous.

  27. #2421
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,677

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    no, the human eye says Bynum can't play PF.

    common sense says Bynum can't play PF.

    simple logic says Bynum can't play PF.

    Most importantly, Phil Jackson says Bynum can't play PF.

  28. #2422
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,517

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    actually, no they didn't, at least not voluntarily.

    Yes, this is absurd. You're fighting an argument that you lost a long time ago.
    Game tape and logic have completely refuted everything you're arguing a long time ago.

    Labels have refuted what I've said.

  29. #2423
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,677

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Please, show us all the game tape that has Andrew bynum playing the 4. We'd all love to see it.

    I'll forward it to 82games.com, because you obviously are better at keeping track of this stuff than they are....

  30. #2424
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Someone mentioned New Orleans as picking up Billups. I'm not sure what their cap space is after their Paul deal, but if they could land him, they'd have an old-but-interesting-looking team heading into the season:

    Chauncey Billups
    Kevin Martin
    Trevor Ariza
    Luis Scola
    Emeka Okafor

    I'd try to resign Carl Landry to pair with Jarrett Jack and whatever they get from Boston off the bench.

  31. #2425

    Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

    Paul George guarded Derrick Rose in the playoffs. It doesn't mean we should make Paul George our point guard. But hey, matchups says he can!
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. The Official "Who Wants to Play the Wolf Game?" Thread
    By SycamoreKen in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 01:44 PM
  2. The official Carlisle thread.....
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 07:44 PM
  3. Official: "Random thoughts" thread: NBA edition....
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 11:36 PM
  4. The Official List of Trades Thread
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 01:02 AM
  5. Official Excuse Thread
    By FiestyFosterFanatic in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 02:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •