Page 89 of 132 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 3297

Thread: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ckill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably because Bird isn't smart enough to make an offer. Hibbert, Hans, and a 2012 1st would get you Howard. Who in turn would lure other guys to Indy. Would Bird be smart enough to offer? Probably not.
    Who would in turn leave after 66 games, leaving us with nothing, which according to you is worse than nothing because the Pacers are inept and capspace is useless in their hands.

How is this guy not banned yet?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Probably because Bird isn't smart enough to make an offer. Hibbert, Hans, and a 2012 1st would get you Howard. Who in turn would lure other guys to Indy. Would Bird be smart enough to offer? Probably not.
    There's no way that trade could bring in Howard, if it could the Pacers would do that in a second. But theres a zero percent chance it could. Bynum by himself is a better package than that.

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This is foolishness. Why do these guys feel like they should be able to dictate where they play. Free agency is one thing, but this is another. This league has just become soft imo, all of these players looking for the shortcut to a championship.
    It's kind of like wanting to move to the best AAU team to load up for a title.

While that would be a good deal although I am a Hansbrough fan and want him a Pacer forever, the problem is I doubt Dwight would sign a long term deal with us. I think he wants a big market and knows that he will eventually get what he wants and who he wants to play with eventually. Unfortunately for us Superstars only want the bright lights and big stage of NY or LA. We have to build a entire team that plays well together with really no one superstar because we dont have the luxary of building around a Superstar unless we get lucky and draft one.
    When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my @$$ - Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball - Pete Rose

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is foolishness. Why do these guys feel like they should be able to dictate where they play. Free agency is one thing, but this is another. This league has just become soft imo, all of these players looking for the shortcut to a championship.
    How?
    I get we hate the idea of FA';s going to big markets, but seriously...
    ANY person coming out of college (& H.S.) gets to determine where they want to live & work. No one is FORCED to go somewhere except athletes who are drafted! So, they play out their first & required contract, where there are forced/obligated to go, but after that they earn the right to be a FREE-agent, and can DECIDE where they want to live/ play. That is & should be their right!

Hell, I wish Indiana has 70 deg. winters, no state income tax, & was a marketing mecca, but it is not. I get pissed & wished that the playing field was different, but it is not & never will be - in ANY sport, ANY business. Free will can not be regulated for ever.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    How?
    ANY person coming out of college (& H.S.) gets to determine where they want to live & work. No one is FORCED to go somewhere except athletes who are drafted! So, they play out their first & required contract, where there are forced/obligated to go, but after that they earn the right to be a FREE-agent, and can DECIDE where they want to live/ play. That is & should be their right!

Hell, I wish Indiana has 70 deg. winters, no state income tax, & was a marketing mecca, but it is not. I get pissed & wished that the playing field was different, but it is not & never will be - in ANY sport, ANY business. Free will can not be regulated for ever.

I stated in my post that free agency was different. Also, neither Paul, Melo, or Howard were/are free agents.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Banned

Lightbulb Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Who would in turn leave after 66 games, leaving us with nothing, which according to you is worse than nothing because the Pacers are inept and capspace is useless in their hands.

How is this guy not banned yet?

Actually, if you deal Paul George, George Hill, and Lance to the Warriors for Monta and Biedrins, and then sign Jamal Crawford, D.Howard stays. And likewise, Monta signs an extension because D. Howard is here. At that point, it's as simple as signing Nene or West to have a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by pezasied182 View Post
    There's no way that trade could bring in Howard, if it could the Pacers would do that in a second. But theres a zero percent chance it could. Bynum by himself is a better package than that.
    I agree completely with your first sentence and disagree completely with your second. There is no way on earth I would trade Hibs, Hans and a first for Bynum. I honestly probably wouldn't trade Hibs straight up for the "half season phenom."

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

I stated in my post that free agency was different. Also, neither Paul, Melo, or Howard were/are free agents.
    True, and while the "employee" requested an outcome, it is the "employeer" that makes the trades. Trades are a way of salveging something for nothing. The incentive for the players has been removed in the CBA, but TEAMS still would rather get somethin vs. nothing. Fans hate it, but ther would rather have picks/ youth vs a big empty hole.
    "PLAYERS" request, "TEAMS" trade!
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Actually, if you deal Paul George, George Hill, and Lance to the Warriors for Monta and Biedrins, and then sign Jamal Crawford, D.Howard stays. And likewise, Monta signs an extension because D. Howard is here. At that point, it's as simple as signing Nene or West to have a contender.
    Wow, that's a terrible trade. You've gotta be trolling with material like that.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Banned

Question Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Wow, that's a terrible trade. You've gotta be trolling with material like that.

Not. If you're GS...do you take PG? Or risk Monta not resigning next season and thus another CP3/Melo scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Wage View Post
    I agree completely with your first sentence and disagree completely with your second. There is no way on earth I would trade Hibs, Hans and a first for Bynum. I honestly probably wouldn't trade Hibs straight up for the "half season phenom."
    I think it's a different situation for Orlando than for us. I personally would take the gamble on Bynum if I were in their situation, as he could turn out to be one of the best centers in the league (probably second best) if he can stay healthy, that is a big if though. If he doesn't stay healthy he's gone after this season or the next. There's more potential upside with Bynum than Hibbert, Hans, and a (late) first round draft pick.

Also, Bynum for Howard straight up is not happening either, I was just making a point saying that the Magic are going to get better offers.

Mood

True, and while the "employee" requested an outcome, it is the "employeer" that makes the trades. Trades are a way of salveging something for nothing. The incentive for the players has been removed in the CBA, but TEAMS still would rather get somethin vs. nothing. Fans hate it, but ther would rather have picks/ youth vs a big empty hole.
    "PLAYERS" request, "TEAMS" trade!
    I pretty much agree with you, I just don't think it should be up to the players to make the decision on where they are traded when the situation arises.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Heard on the JMV show today that Carl Landry has had several talks with the Pacers over the last week and has been working out in Indianapolis.

Like it or not y'all. Landry will be a Pacer this weekend most likely. He is not a bad player, will be good off the bench. Embrace it folks. I just dont' understand where they are gonna get a legit back up center from.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Banned

Lightbulb Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Heard on the JMV show today that Carl Landry has had several talks with the Pacers over the last week and has been working out in Indianapolis.

Like it or not y'all. Landry will be a Pacer this weekend most likely. He is not a bad player, will be good off the bench. Embrace it folks. I just dont' understand where they are gonna get a legit back up center from.

And Indy's big free agent signing of 2011 is..............

CARL LANDRY! He will really get Indy over the hump! PATHETIC!! If I'm Danny Granger, rather than destroy my body trying to put up 40 every night for this team which is run by morons? I demand a trade to the Clippers, Lakers, or Knicks. Danny's 28. He'll be 35 with severe tendonitis by the time Bird's "Plan"...comes to fruition.

I just dont' understand where they are gonna get a legit back up center from.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    While I do love Foster, I love this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnboXiq33os

23. The Following User Says Thank You to pezasied182 For This Useful Post:

Just what the Pacers need - more average role players. At least we can continue debating who should start at PF. Role player #1 or role player #2? I just pray the contract is cheap and the term short.

Well our roster looks nowhere near what I had envisioned or hoped for after the first day of FA!!! Anticipated some signings just at the oppening of FA or at least the hours after..

Signings so far:
    Nene - no
    JCraw - no
    DWest - no
    M. Gasol - no

instead we stand with:
    Pendegraph
    Foster

But as we still have to spend 6-8 mio (depending on the contract Jeff gets) there will happen something. But I sence trading will be the way to go.
    Restore the Passion - Restore the Pride

Banned

Exclamation Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

Quote Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
    Just what the Pacers need - more average role players. At least we can continue debating who should start at PF. Role player #1 or role player #2? I just pray the contract is cheap and the term short.

Bird's failed. EPICALLY. Time to get Walsh rehired. Like pronto.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Miller-Time View Post
    Well our roster looks nowhere near what I had envisioned or hoped for after the first day of FA!!! Anticipated some signings just at the oppening of FA or at least the hours after..

Signings so far:
    Nene - no
    JCraw - no
    DWest - no
    M. Gasol - no

instead we stand with:
    Pendegraph
    Foster

But as we still have to spend 6-8 mio (depending on the contract Jeff gets) there will happen something. But I sence trading will be the way to go.
    FA has only been open for 12 hours, and Nene (CP3 and D12 deals majorly affect him) and Crawford haven't signed any deals yet...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

How?

There are a lot of industries that would require you to move right out of college to a location that you probably won't like for A LOT less money than the NBA.

Bird's failed. EPICALLY. Time to get Walsh rehired. Like pronto.
    please stop replying to this person haha

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:

[Chris Palmer] Chris Palmer: Team source just confirmed to me Howard's agent was given permission to talk to Lakers, Mavs, Nets. Permission was given earlier tonight. about 18 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1g794Ftm3
    Soooooo if they're talking to the Nets .... the Nene things gets put on hold, right?

They wouldn't have the room to take on Turkolu anymore, which is a big part of that trade, yes?

With Howard to Nets and Paul to Lakers in limbo, could Nene lose patience with both?