Page 49 of 132 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3297

Thread: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

Default Re: The official 2011/12 NBA rumors and reports thread

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please, do you really think the FO isnt' talking to the player. Its one thing to have a league wide policy, its another to actually enforce it a week before training camp opens.
    That's kinda funny. It would make no sense for a team to be able to talk to a FA, but not talk to their own players. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    you assume they are offering Monta Ellis.
    that was reported:

Marcus Thompson: Source told me Warriors would take CP3 as a rental - if New Orleans takes Monta instead of Curry

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

He'll be traded whether he signs an extension or not. New Orleans isn't going to just lose him, and there will be a team that thinks they can convince him to stick around.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    you assume they are offering Monta Ellis.
    True, but Warriors are not stupid, they know it would be a insult to just add those two and that be it. Another assumption, but either they are adding another player and picks, or just picks with the deal.

I will also say that it is a assumption that they are not adding Ellis as well, no one knows exactly what is going on besides they do not want to include Curry in the deal.
    Why so SERIOUS

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    True, if I were NO I would want Curry too, I think that it is all up to Boston, if they come with a deal that involves rondo and some young guys they will most likely be the trade partner. If they don't the Warriors offer would seem to be better than that of the Clips so they would be in the drivers seat if they wanted to keep Curry.
    IMHO....ignoring the Player side of the equation ( as in Rondo Vs. Curry and who is the better Player to add/build around )...I think one of the main reasons why the Hornets do not want a huge long-term contract on the books like Rondo ( despite being a solid Starter ) is because of the Financial obligations it means to the Franchise.

We know that the NBA is trying to find an Owner for the Hornets. Why would a prospective Owner want to buy a Franchise that has a lot of debt and financial obligations ( like Rondo's $43 mil / 4 year long-term contract )? Isn't clearing as much debt on the books why Teams try to have fire-sales on Players Contracts when they are trying to sell the Team ( or in this case find a prospective Owner )?

That's why I thought that a Curry+Klay+Ekpe trade offer was the strongest....you get back 1 high quality Starting PG and 2 prospects with rookie contracts while having a minimal amount of debt and financial obligations instead of getting back Rondo's $46 mil guaranteed contract.

IF the NBA is really looking for an Owner to buy the Team....I'd think that this would be a consideration. It's not a matter of who is the better player...it's a matter of making the Franchise an attractive option to any prospective Owners.

IMHO...for a Team that is rebuilding.....getting back a package of Curry and 2 prospects while not adding any long-term / huge contracts...makes the most sense. Adding Rondo...unless he's a big Ticket draw like Durant, CP3 or Roy Hibbert ...isn't going to make any real sense IF they are truly rebuilding.

I will say with all the Warriors talk I doubt Paul would sign an extension there if they had to give up the players that are mentioned in the rumors, they just will not have the talent to make a championship run.
    The rumor was that CP3 ( or his agent, don't know who ) would ONLY be interested in coming to the Warriors or Clippers IF they signed Tyson Chandler. Since it appears that the Clips will go with DeAndre Jordan....that would leave the Warriors as the only option that could do that IF they amnesty Biedrins.

IF they are able to pull together a Chandler signing....a Starting lineup of CP3/Monta/DWright/Lee/Chandler would be fairly solid to build upon. Sure, there is no depth this season....but that will be remedied over the next season as FA clamour to go play with CP3 while filling needs via the MLE.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-07-2011 at 05:25 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    that was reported:

Marcus Thompson: Source told me Warriors would take CP3 as a rental - if New Orleans takes Monta instead of Curry

Wow...that would essentially be a Salary dump of Monta onto the Hornets. I can see why the Warriors would do that...but I don't see why the Hornets would. Monta is owed $18 mil beyond this season.

IF CP3 says that he will sign an extension IF the Warriors could get Chandler, then I'd have no problem with sending Curry and keeping Monta. Having one of the top 3 PGs in the league for the next 4 to 5 seasons is worth it even at the cost of Curry and whatever LT that is incurred while fielding a CP3/Monta/DWright/DLee/Chandler lineup for the next 3 seasons ( at the very least ). But this ( of course ) assumes that the Warriors could overpay to get Chandler in the first place.

We're talking about getting a true Franchise Player and one of the top 10 Players in the League....it's going to cost you something to get that done.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-07-2011 at 04:53 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Wow...that would essentially be a Salary dump of Monta onto the Hornets. I can see why the Warriors would do that...but I don't see why the Hornets would. Monta is owed $18 mil beyond this season.
    I'm not a big Monta fan and don't particularly want to see him on the Pacers, but I think the Hornets could do a lot worse for CP3 than getting a guy that can drop 24 points/5 assists a game for $11 mil/year.

McGrady Agrees To Deal With Hawks

Dec 07, 2011 4:08 PM EST
    Tracy McGrady has agreed to a one-year deal with the Hawks for the veteran-minimum, according to a source.
    McGrady played for the Pistons last season, starting in 39 of the 72 games in which he appeared.
    McGrady will presumably replace the bench scoring provided by Jamal Crawford.

Via Stephen A. Smith/ESPN
    Tracy McGrady, Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Chicago Bulls, NBA, NBA Signing Rumor, NBA Misc Rumor
    Read the Full StoryDiscussSend FeedbackBuy Tickets

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1ftHZ4bJ7

At least one deal has leaked out.

Mood

IMHO....ignoring the Player side of the equation ( as in Rondo Vs. Curry and who is the better Player to add/build around )...I think one of the main reasons why the Hornets do not want a huge long-term contract on the books like Rondo ( despite being a solid Starter ) is because of the Financial obligations it means to the Franchise.

We know that the NBA is trying to find an Owner for the Hornets. Why would a prospective Owner want to buy a Franchise that has a lot of debt and financial obligations ( like Rondo's $43 mil / 4 year long-term contract )? Isn't clearing as much debt on the books why Teams try to have fire-sales on Players Contracts when they are trying to sell the Team ( or in this case find a prospective Owner )?

That's why I thought that a Curry+Klay+Ekpe trade offer was the strongest....you get back 1 high quality Starting PG and 2 prospects with rookie contracts while having a minimal amount of debt and financial obligations instead of getting back Rondo's $46 mil guaranteed contract.

IF the NBA is really looking for an Owner to buy the Team....I'd think that this would be a consideration. It's not a matter of who is the better player...it's a matter of making the Franchise an attractive option to any prospective Owners.

IMHO...for a Team that is rebuilding.....getting back a package of Curry and 2 prospects while not adding any long-term / huge contracts...makes the most sense. Adding Rondo...unless he's a big Ticket draw like Durant, CP3 or Roy Hibbert ...isn't going to make any real sense IF they are truly rebuilding.
    I do believe that the Curry deal is better for NO. I did not take the money aspect into play, but I am not sure it will be that big a issue, I could see if Rondo was a bad contract, as in being overpaid but I do not see it that way. I think that owners would understand that they have a proven star on the team already.

The rumor was that CP3 ( or his agent, don't know who ) would ONLY be interested in coming to the Warriors or Clippers IF they signed Tyson Chandler. Since it appears that the Clips will go with DeAndre Jordan....that would leave the Warriors as the only option that could do that IF they amnesty Biedrins.

IF they are able to pull together a Chandler signing....a Starting lineup of CP3/Monta/DWright/Lee/Chandler Starting Lineup would be fairly solid. Sure, there is no depth this season....but that will be remedied over the next season as FA clamour to go play with CP3 while filling needs via the MLE.
    What was actually said is that he would be more likely to sign a extension if the team also signed Chandler, but given that line up that you have I could see them being a 7 seed in the West, just thinking about the starters that is. I also doubt they would have much money to sign anyone, with the contracts of Ellis, Paul, Lee, and Chandler. I think Paul's goal is to win a championship and I just do not see this group as the one to do it, but that is just an opinion which could turn out to be wrong.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    I even saw one report claiming there was a deal agreed upon between IND-NO-BOS, but Boston pulled out after hearing Paul wouldn't extend to reaccess the situation... but since then it sounds like NO has gotten better offers.

There always a team pulling out at the last second with the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

It's what they have available to offer as the 3rd team involved not what "they" will offer for Rondo in a 2 team deal.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 12-07-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Your Earth-shattering news of the day...

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Jason Kapono intends to sign a one-year contract for the veteran minimum with the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday, league sources tell Y!

Sports Logo

I do believe that the Curry deal is better for NO. I did not take the money aspect into play, but I am not sure it will be that big a issue, I could see if Rondo was a bad contract, as in being overpaid but I do not see it that way. I think that owners would understand that they have a proven star on the team already.
    Curry may not have played long enough in the NBA compared to Rondo.....but Curry has proved enough to me in his 1st 2 years to show me that he's as good of a "Player" to add to the foundation of a Team as Rondo is.....especially if you are essentially rebuilding from scratch ( where you will need as much Cap room as you can get ).

What was actually said is that he would be more likely to sign a extension if the team also signed Chandler, but given that line up that you have I could see them being a 7 seed in the West, just thinking about the starters that is. I also doubt they would have much money to sign anyone, with the contracts of Ellis, Paul, Lee, and Chandler. I think Paul's goal is to win a championship and I just do not see this group as the one to do it, but that is just an opinion which could turn out to be wrong.
    The Warriors would be in the same boat as the other Super Teams are....not in terms of having Super Star Players...I'm talking financially and therefore what they can do. They will be adding a MLE Player every year, signing cheap but decent Role Players to fill the remaining holes over time. If CP3 went to the Knicks.....they would be doing the same from the view of building the Team.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Chris Mannix: Chuck Daly once demanded in his contract his per diem be $1 more per day than Pat Riley. Twitter

Classic, never heard that before
    Sittin on top of the world!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bill Russell did that to Wilt Chamberlain a good 40 years ago.

When Wilt signed the NBA's first $100,000 contract, Russell negotiated his next deal to be $100,001.

Mood

Curry may not have played long enough in the NBA compared to Rondo.....but Curry has proved enough to me in his 1st 2 years to show me that he's as good of a "Player" to add to the foundation of a Team as Rondo is.....especially if you are essentially rebuilding from scratch ( where you will need as much Cap room as you can get ).

The Warriors would be in the same boat as the other Super Teams are....not in terms of having Super Star Players...I'm talking financially and therefore what they can do. They will be adding a MLE Player every year, signing cheap but decent Role Players to fill the remaining holes over time. If CP3 went to the Knicks.....they would be doing the same from the view of building the Team.
    Yeah but they would have a much stronger group of starters.

I will say that I think no matter what NO does they should be better off after the trade for the future than before.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    I'm not a big Monta fan and don't particularly want to see him on the Pacers, but I think the Hornets could do a lot worse for CP3 than getting a guy that can drop 24 points/5 assists a game for $11 mil/year.
    Not to mention they could flip Monta to another team for younger talent/picks.

AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
    Unrestricted free agent T.J. Ford is leaning toward signing with the San Antonio Spurs, according to league source.

Jason Kapono is leaning toward signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, league source confirms.

Earl Watson is leaning toward signing with the Atlanta Hawks, according to a league source.

Roger Mason Jr. is leaning toward signing with the Washington Wizards, according to league source.

Sebastian Telfair is leaning toward signing with the Phoenix Suns, according to a league source.
    Last edited by Lance George; 12-07-2011 at 07:29 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lance George For This Useful Post:

lol at "leaning toward"

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

LET THE FRENZY BEGIN!!!!!
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    Unrestricted free agent T.J. Ford is leaning toward signing with the San Antonio Spurs, according to league source.

Jason Kapono is leaning toward signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, league source confirms.

Earl Watson is leaning toward signing with the Atlanta Hawks, according to a league source.

Roger Mason Jr. is leaning toward signing with the Washington Wizards, according to league source.
    Those are all good signings.

I hope Jason Kapono gets consistent minutes in the rotation. He's a hell of a shooter and will do well with the Lakers off the bench. Something they can use some help with.

Also with T.J. Ford, I think he'll do well with the Spurs. That's the best place for him. Playing a backup role with a decent, veteran team.

Same with Earl Watson. The Hawks need PG depth.

Roger Mason played for the Wizards already and will do well there again.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

I can't believe we missed out on Bassy. Larry Bird, do your job!

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

The Anticipation!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Is their any good news?! I feel like no FA interested in pacers.

Why couldn't we sign Tyson chandler and offer a trade to NO for Chris Paul? We could offer two of Roy/DC/PG and a first. That is as good as GS's offer.