Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carl Landry Draws Interest From Pacers And More, According To Reports

Default Re: Carl Landry Draws Interest From Pacers And More, According To Reports

Landry is not a top echelon PF, but is it fair to say his career has fallen off? He stepped up big time when West went down.

Default Re: Carl Landry Draws Interest From Pacers And More, According To Reports

Well this pretty much goes with the earlier report that the Pacers wanted give Hansbrough 23+ minutes a game, so they are gonna split the minutes with who ever they signed. This makes sense then to sign somebody who is basically just alittle bit better than Tyler and more experienced.

Ugh, it looks like my twin towers dream is slowly slipping away....
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

You only go after Landry if Nene, Chandler, and you cannot find a another big in a trade.

MIP for 2013-2014 season docpaul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I rather sign Mcbob for like 3mil a year instead of bringing Landry.
    I think that is the key question. Is he better than McRoberts, and if so... what value would one place on that?

I believe he'd be an upgrade (a significant one), but not worth more than the new MLE.

Ya, lets see what Tyler can do before going shopping for anyone who might not be as good, but costs more.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This could be true and done for the purposes of driving down other free agents' asking prices since we are one of the only heavy players with that much cap space who are actually willing to spend. Remember how these are negotiations remember, and its better to spend less for these guys if we can.

So putting out feelers for all of the targeted free agents and non-targeted free agents, can only help us with information to leverage our true position.

I like Landry, but I don't really want a redundant player with he and Hans. I'd prefer Landry, but I'd also rather get a different skill set as well by bringing back McRoberts' athleticism. That is not enough size.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Get out of my head.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I'm just glad we keep hearing about how we're interested in West and Nene but aren't willing to break the bank on them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    You only go after Landry if Nene, Chandler, and you cannot find a another big in a trade.
    I would go after Mr. Kardasian before Landry.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Basically looking at 3 undersized PF's as options here.

Carl Landry - 6-9, 248lbs - 4 years pro
    - 42, 69, 80, and 76 game seasons
    - best numbers came playing 37 min/game, 18pts and 6rebs, as the go-to scorer for the lowly Kings. Last year after they added D. Cousins/etc, he went back to 11ppg, traded to NOH where, you guessed it, avg'd 11ppg as a 6th man.
    - Negligible on the hustle averages (.7 assists, .5 steals, .5 blocks)

Paul Millsap - 6-8, 250lb - 5 years pro
    - three 82-game seasons, 2 at 76, 18min+ per game since he entered the league
    - 08-09 when it was him and boozer, avg 8.6 rebs a game (career best)
    - 10-11 career best in points at 17.3 as a starter, 7.6 rebs with Okur-Jefferson-AK47-Favors on the boards as well
    - should also mention averages of 1.5 steals, 1 block, and 2.5 assists last year

David West - 6-9, 240 - 8 years pro
    - 71, 30, 74, 52, 76, 76, 80, 70 game seasons. Played 70 games before injury last year.
    - Averaged btwn 18.9-21ppg the last 4 years (no less than 17 of last 6!)
    - 7.4+ rebs each of the last 6 years
    - 6 year average of 19ppg and 7.5-8 rebs, go-to scorer
    - Hustle stats over 6 years - 2.2 assists, .8 steals, .9 blocks

Carl Landry - Cheaper, score-first low post who needs minutes to be productive
    Paul Millsap- Would require a trade, younger, slightly shorter even then then other undersized guys, solid rebounder who can cleanup well with or without a glut of other bigs on the team , defensive-hustle contributor who can get his own scoring
    David West - Older, not cheap, 18ppg 8 rebs, consistent player w/ or w/o CP3 in the lineup. Played as a primary scorer for their team, and has good hustle/team stats.

So what do we need? Cheap low post player? Rebounds and Hustle? Go to Scorer? Youth and Potential or Consistency?
    Last edited by beezer615; 11-30-2011 at 07:29 PM.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to beezer615 For This Useful Post:

I was thinking the same thing.

Give me Milsap, J-Crawford, and a Super Size fry to go!

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beezer615 View Post
    Basically looking at 3 undersized PF's as options here.

Carl Landry - 6-9, 248lbs - 4 years pro
    - 42, 69, 80, and 76 game seasons
    - best numbers came playing 37 min/game, 18pts and 6rebs, as the go-to scorer for the lowly Kings. Last year after they added D. Cousins/etc, he went back to 11ppg, traded to NOH where, you guessed it, avg'd 11ppg as a 6th man.
    - Negligible on the hustle averages (.7 assists, .5 steals, .5 blocks)

Paul Millsap - 6-8, 250lb - 5 years pro
    - three 82-game seasons, 2 at 76, 18min+ per game since he entered the league
    - 08-09 when it was him and boozer, avg 8.6 rebs a game (career best)
    - 10-11 career best in points at 17.3 as a starter, 7.6 rebs with Okur-Jefferson-AK47-Favors on the boards as well
    - should also mention averages of 1.5 steals, 1 block, and 2.5 assists last year

David West - 6-9, 240 - 8 years pro
    - 71, 30, 74, 52, 76, 76, 80, 70 game seasons. Played 70 games before injury last year.
    - Averaged btwn 18.9-21ppg the last 4 years (no less than 17 of last 6!)
    - 7.4+ rebs each of the last 6 years
    - 6 year average of 19ppg and 7.5-8 rebs, go-to scorer
    - Hustle stats over 6 years - 2.2 assists, .8 steals, .9 blocks

Carl Landry - Cheaper, score-first low post who needs minutes to be productive
    Paul Millsap- Would require a trade, younger, slightly shorter even then then other undersized guys, solid rebounder who can cleanup well with or without a glut of other bigs on the team , defensive-hustle contributor who can get his own scoring
    David West - Older, not cheap, 18ppg 8 rebs, consistent player w/ or w/o CP3 in the lineup. Played as a primary scorer for their team, and has good hustle/team stats.

So what do we need? Cheap low post player? Rebounds and Hustle? Go to Scorer? Youth and Potential or Consistency?
    can you plz add Josh Smith in that? TY

Good breakdown Beezer:

My thought is that you need to find the best player who fits with hans and Granger since those two are going to be on the floor in crunch time of big games.

To me, West duplicates much of what Hans can bring so the other two are better fits and since they both are cheaper options than I think that is the direction we head in.

Milsap brings a better defensive presence which is an important component considering how weak our interior defense is and thus is my first choice. I think he is still growing as a player and will only get better as well.

That makes me wonder why Utah is dangling him. His two year deal is very reasonable and favors and Kanter arent close to replacing him. I guess they could trade for more assets and rebuild through another solid draft next year.

Rush and a #1 probably wouldn't be enough though and including DC in that deal would probably push me in Landry's direction. My guess is that they are after George and the #1 which totally pushes me in Landry's direction.

Having said that, I think TPTB are kicking tires on lots of players beyond those three looking to add a shooter and interior presence to a core group of Hans, Hill, Granger and George. Hibbert and Collison could be dealt with Rush and picks for the right player (Rondo or Millsap would qualify).

I'd love to add Rondo or Afflalo and Marc Gasol to the core four and supplement with a guy like Landry. Whether or not all of that can actually happen in two or three weeks remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    i dont want landry
    Me neither. We need another Center, not another small power forward.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I would go after Mr. Kardasian before Landry.
    Kris Humphries has really become the forgotten man it seems. If he's the real deal and not a one-year-contract-season-wonder, he'd be a great pick up for us. He's a monster on the glass; a perfect replacement for Foster. He's shown glimpses of being a decent, mid-teens scorer, too.
    Last edited by Lance George; 11-30-2011 at 10:48 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lance George For This Useful Post:

That makes me wonder why Utah is dangling him. His two year deal is very reasonable and favors and Kanter arent close to replacing him. I guess they could trade for more assets and rebuild through another solid draft next year.
    Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors, Jeremy Evans...

No team needs 4 regular rotation power forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Well this pretty much goes with the earlier report that the Pacers wanted give Hansbrough 23+ minutes a game, so they are gonna split the minutes with who ever they signed. This makes sense then to sign somebody who is basically just alittle bit better than Tyler and more experienced.

Ugh, it looks like my twin towers dream is slowly slipping away....
    Could still go for the twin Condos!

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I just want to say thank God! Think about it people, after 4 years of no cap space and "big FA signings" like Cabbages, Dhanty Jones, Kareem Rush etc

We finally can go after top FA's and have cap space and tradeable assets!

For 4 years we had to wait to get excited for Solomon Jones!!

No matter what happens I am just so glad the : Jammal/Dun/S Jax/JO/ Big AL/Murphy era is in the rear veiw mirror baby!!!!!!
    Sittin on top of the world!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    I just want to say thank God! Think about it people, after 4 years of no cap space and "big FA signings" like Cabbages, Dhanty Jones, Kareem Rush etc

We finally can go after top FA's and have cap space and tradeable assets!

For 4 years we had to wait to get excited for Solomon Jones!!

No matter what happens I am just so glad the : Jammal/Dun/S Jax/JO/ Big AL/Murphy era is in the rear veiw mirror baby!!!!!!
    You forgot JOB

What about Chuck.Hayes from the Rockets?