Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carl Landry Draws Interest From Pacers And More, According To Reports

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Carl Landry Draws Interest From Pacers And More, According To Reports

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/11/...indiana-pacers

Read More: nba free agents, nba rumors, Carl Landry (F - NOH), Indiana Pacers, New Orleans Hornets, Boston Celtics, Portland Trail Blazers

Carl Landry, an unrestricted free agent whose career has fallen off since being traded by the Houston Rockets in 2010, is drawing interest from the Indiana Pacers among other teams, according to reports.

SI.com's Sam Amick reports that Landry's camp has heard from the Pacers, Portland Trail Blazers, Boston Celtics and incumbent New Orleans Hornets since the NBA opened up communication lines between teams and player agents.

In addition, Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star reports that Pacers execs spoke to Landry's agent on Wednesday.

The Pacers have loads of cap space. Tyler Hansbrough would be the presumptive starter at power forward without a free agent or trade acquisition; Josh McRoberts, the other option, is a free agent. Landry has come off of the bench plenty during his NBA career, most successful in the early part of the 2009-10 season in Houston before the Rockets traded him for Kevin Martin. The Sacramento Kings traded him a year later for Marcus Thornton.
    Yes its posted on SB Nation, but he is referencing Sam Amick who is pretty on point
    Sittin on top of the world!

Default Re: Carl Landry Draws Interest From Pacers And More, According To Reports

i dont want landry

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Carl Landry Draws Interest From Pacers And More, According To Reports

Go big or go home!

Oh wait...
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any PF on the market is going to "draw interest" from the Pacers. Their agents will float it out there even if there is only a miniscule amount of actual interest.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

If we were a contender, I'd like to get someone like Landry. We need to aim higher right now though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Banned

Aim higher please!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aim higher please!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

They were interested in what Landry thought of Jacob Lawson

They can add Landry now and still aim higher moving forward. It's not one or the other.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

While it wouldn't be a huge signing, Carl Landry would certainly benefit this team. He has a good offensive game and is a banger in the post. Having Landry as our backup PF would be great and would add much-needed toughness down low. And as much depth as we have in the backcourt, we lack that much in the frontcourt. So if we can get him for a good price, then by all means bring him in.

*Sigh*

Don't get me wrong, Landry is a good player. But is he really an upgrade to Tyler? Maybe, but not by much.

If we can add Landry AND add some other pieces via trade, then sure.

But if all we do is add Landry? Pass.

I'd rather save all of our money and wait until next year.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    They can add Landry now and still aim higher moving forward. It's not one or the other.
    The money/cap room we have should be used towards significant upgrades. Our core needs to be set before we start looking at guys that would fill the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    The money/cap room we have should be used towards significant upgrades. Our core needs to be set before we start looking at guys that would fill the bench.
    Ideally, yes, but the point is you can sign a guy like Carl Landry now and still look to make more significant upgrades moving forward. Those moves could come days after signing Landry, weeks, or months. As soon as there is an available deal that they really like. It'll happen.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

We could add Landry and trade Hans for a bigger piece.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Ideally, yes, but the point is you can sign a guy like Carl Landry now and still look to make more significant upgrades moving forward.
    But signing Landry would cut into the cap space we have for any upgrades. We need to be smart with our cap space.

But signing Landry would cut into the cap space we have for any upgrades. We need to be smart with our cap space.
    We're like 21mm under the cap. What could you possibly be worried about not being able to do if we move forward at "only" 15mm under the cap? Keep in mind next summer Posey's 7.5mm is gone as well, and we could amnesty him now if need be.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree Hans and Landry are fairly even, but I like a combo of them a lot better than Hans and who ever else we have. Landry is not my first pick, but if we can't get a great PF, I would be ok with him.

We're like 21mm under the cap. What could you possibly be worried about not being able to do if we move forward at "only" 17mm under the cap? Keep in mind next summer Posey's 7.5mm is gone as well, and we could amnesty him now if need be.
    Having 17 or 21 mil to offer is the difference between a really good starter and a top tier free agent. More money also gives us more wiggle room to trade for a good player while absorbing a bad contract.

If we didn't have much cap room or were already over the cap, then I'd be open to getting Landry. Or if he was somebody that I viewed as a core piece. Since neither are the case though, I don't think it's a good idea.
    Last edited by Doddage; 11-30-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    We could add Landry and trade Hans for a bigger piece.
    I'd rather have Tyler and save the money. Considering he and Landry aren't much different.

Banned

I rather sign Mcbob for like 3mil a year instead of bringing Landry.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Im not big on Landry but I think he brings more to the table than Hans or McBob
    Sittin on top of the world!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Depends, We don't have a backup, If Pacers do a trade that involves Hans, We'll say Josh Smith for example, Then we need a backup still. You can't get Carl off FA and turn right around and trade him. Ya know. Just a thought.

Sports Logo

We HAVE to add ~$12 mil in payroll right?

Having 17 or 21 mil to offer is the difference between a really good starter and a top tier free agent. More money also gives us more wiggle room to trade for a good player while absorbing a bad contract.

If we didn't have much cap room or were already over the cap, then I'd be open to getting Landry. Or if he was somebody that I viewed as a core piece. Since neither are the case though, I don't think it's a good idea.
    Well, as I said, if we need the room for a max guy we can amnesty Posey now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Aim higher please!!!!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post: