Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 85 of 85

Thread: Bird presser 11 am tomorrow

  1. #76
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,056

    Default Re: Bird presser 11 am tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like we will be signing David West relatively cheap, if there's no real market for him. Also, it looks like that we're going to try to sign TWO near max deals next summer. I can live with that. One more year for our team to gel together, and we can add a difference maker player OUTSIDE OF EJ next summer.

    Unless a trade just falls in our lap without us giving up anything substantial....
    No way that we are able to sign two max players next year... Unless you let Roy walk, let DC walk, ect... If you are able to get West at about 8M a season, then you can still max out an EJ, and extend Hibbert... Then you can plug in guys around them...

    Looking at the list of FA for next year is simply amazing to me... There are alot of names that are gonna be getting raises, and I want to be able to be apart of the frenzy next year... If we have the cap room, we will be able to land a few quality players to what we have already...

  2. #77
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,824

    Default Re: Bird presser 11 am tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The '04 Pistons were the exception to the rule.

    And even then they still had 4 All-Stars and a near All-Star Tayshaun Prince.
    Except for Chauncey, they became allstars because of the team. See how great Ben wallace was when Chicago paid him. Rasheed was past his prime. Hamilton turned to crap and Prince became mediocre once Chauncey was gone. None of these guys were all stars when Detroit brought them in.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  4. #78

    Default Re: Bird presser 11 am tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you sign West for close to $10 million a year he will need to play 32-34 minutes a night as the starter. Since West and Hansbourgh both only play PF that leaves only 15 minutes a night for Hansbourgh or you are paying a guy close to $10 million a year to play 25 minutes a night.

    Neither of those scenarios makes sense to me.
    Odds are the staff will bring Dwest along slowly at the start of the season. I see Hans getting around 20-25 minutes and if West can get more later on then Hans minutes will drop down to 18 per game.

    Either way both will be tradeable or an asset in the distant future.

  5. #79
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,253

    Default Re: Bird presser 11 am tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except for Chauncey, they became allstars because of the team. See how great Ben wallace was when Chicago paid him. Rasheed was past his prime. Hamilton turned to crap and Prince became mediocre once Chauncey was gone. None of these guys were all stars when Detroit brought them in.
    I have always felt the individual talents on that Detroit team became overrated because of their team success.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:


  7. #80

    Default Re: Bird presser 11 am tomorrow

    Tyler's a major favorite in the organization and probably Frank Vogel's favorite.

    He's definitely a fan favorite.

    Just because he will come off the bench doesn't mean he'll serve us nothing. He will obtain a Sixth Man. That'll serve us a ton. He really sparks the whole team and that energy off the bench is going to be great.

    Oh yeah, and the constant thought of us leading the way to get David West makes me want to puke.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:


  9. #81
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Bird presser 11 am tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by glazedham42 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else think it's strange that he would work out with another team?
    Nope, it's pretty common.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #82
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: Bird presser 11 am tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who do you think is there to give West more than $10 mil?

    Washington? Nope. Young, don't really need him, probably not amnestying Rashard yet.

    Golden State? Nope, don't need him.

    Nets? Nope, bigger fish to fry.

    Kings? Nope, West wants to play for a team with a chance to win, plus they have Hickson.

    Teams left that would consider West: New Orleans and Indiana.

    New Orleans would love to get West back -- if they knew Chris Paul was staying. David West would probably like to go back to New Orleans -- if he knew Chris Paul was staying. But the reality is, he's probably not, which means New Orleans doesn't need a 31 year old PF during their rebuilding process and David West won't want to sink with the ship after CP3 leaves.

    So that leaves the Pacers, who could use West, but also have Tyler Hansbrough, further decreasing West's leverage.

    The market's just not there for West, and the knee concerns aren't helping him. Of the interested teams, the Pacers have to be looking pretty good to him right now. I would low-ball the hell out of him and hope he accepts.
    If you say so. I'll say this though, if David West signs for 7 figures, I'll stop bringing up that Buck never ate JO7's shoe. If that doesn't show how sure I am that it's not gonna happen, I don't know what will.

    /obscureboardwagers
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  11. #83

    Default Re: Bird presser 11 am tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have always felt the individual talents on that Detroit team became overrated because of their team success.
    Right, they were good pieces that fit really well together.

  12. #84
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Bird presser 11 am tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way that we are able to sign two max players next year... Unless you let Roy walk, let DC walk, ect... If you are able to get West at about 8M a season, then you can still max out an EJ, and extend Hibbert... Then you can plug in guys around them...

    Looking at the list of FA for next year is simply amazing to me... There are alot of names that are gonna be getting raises, and I want to be able to be apart of the frenzy next year... If we have the cap room, we will be able to land a few quality players to what we have already...
    If the two players are Dwight Howard and Deron Williams, believe me...I won't mind letting Hibbert and DC walk unless they have a VERY breakout season this year.

  13. #85
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,260

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bird presser 11 am tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right, they were good pieces that fit really well together.
    And they're also the exception to the rule, which was already mentioned.

Similar Threads

  1. Kravitz end of the season sit down with Bird..
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 09:15 PM
  2. AP: "Pacers Owner To Keep Bird as Team President"
    By GizzyStardust in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM
  3. Kravitz: O'Brien's Fate Rests on Defense
    By Putnam in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM
  4. Sunday articles out of Detroit
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 01:39 PM
  5. So many fun articles out of New York
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •