Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 84 of 84

Thread: Frank Vogel gets to speak!

  1. #76
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Frank Vogel gets to speak!

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sports talk radio sucks in Indy.
    I disagree.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Frank Vogel gets to speak!

    Sure, the honeymoon will end somewhat with Vogel, eventually.

    But let's not forget something. He's loved, not simply because a change was made or that he is motivating as a communicator. He is loved in large part because he makes damn good decisions. Common sense seems to be driving his strategy. The astute fan can make sense of what he's doing.

    This is a complete turnaround from his predecessor. The great mystery is how can Obie's protege be so unlike him.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 12-01-2011 at 06:58 AM.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Frank Vogel gets to speak!

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a complete turnaround from his predecessor. The great mystery is how can Obie's protege be so unlike him.
    Easy. Frank uses his common sense.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  6. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Frank Vogel gets to speak!

    Quote Originally Posted by El Pacero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He dissed on Pacer4Ever the whole show, but it was kinda funny. You live, you learn not to call out radio hosts - right Coach?
    No I'll do it again all I said is he isnt very good at interviews the guy cant take any criticism without calling people idiots is pretty funny.

    Wells asked Vogel about personal and like I said earlier he would decline to comment that isnt his place too. Thats Bird's place to talk about not the coach.


    http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...eady-get-going

    Vogel declined to discuss what areas of the roster need upgrading. He prefers to leave that to president Larry Bird and general manager David Morway, who address the media today.

  7. #80
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Frank Vogel gets to speak!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I can say is that whenever I hear Frank Vogel speak I feel as though we can move mountains and that LeBron best step to the side lest he be run over by the Pacers train.


    Either way it's going to be fun.
    Just listened to the podcast. I keep thinking after every sentence, Frank says "WHO'S WITH ME???!!?", to which I almost feel uncontrollably compelled to give a primal war scream. Gotta love this guy!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  9. #81

    Default Re: Frank Vogel gets to speak!

    First of all, Indian food is better than pizza

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really have liked everything from Frank thus far. With that said, I'm dreading when he inevitably starts to do one thing or another that some don't agree with, and the tide starts to turn as it does against EVERY head coach. That'll be a sad stretch of time.

    But I'll gladly keep defending him if I think he deserves it.
    I hope it doesn't. I hope people also treat him the way they should treat the younger guys on the team.

    IMO, He's proven he has all the qualities of a really good coach. He's a fantastic motivator. He draws up good end of the game plays. He's a quick learner. He makes common sense decisions. He's more interested in learning how to get better rather than making his own ego bigger.

    But he's a first year head coach. He'll make mistakes. And I hope people don't react too badly when that happens.

    The one thing I will say, even when I disagreed with some of his decisions last season, I could always see where he was coming from. I guess it goes back to that common sense thing.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  11. #82
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Frank Vogel gets to speak!

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I'll do it again all I said is he isnt very good at interviews the guy cant take any criticism without calling people idiots is pretty funny.
    You should call in today after 5.....

    So I can listen to the ensuing hilarity!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  12. #83
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,551

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Frank Vogel gets to speak!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First of all, Indian food is better than pizza
    +100
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  13. #84
    HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Frank Vogel gets to speak!

    JMV always sounds like he has a head cold when he's talking. His show's not too bad, but it drives me nuts how it sounds like his nose is pinched shut all the time.

Similar Threads

  1. Frank Vogel busy during lockout
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 02:26 AM
  2. Area 55 season thread for 2010-11
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1386
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM
  3. Story on college Vogel at UK - "Hoosiers" fan
    By CoolHand in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 12:36 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 06:16 PM
  5. It?s Jurassic Park with a New Guide!
    By RoboHicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •