Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rajon Rondo available?

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Rajon Rondo available?

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boston would listen to trade offers for Rondo if the right offer came along. Boston wants more scoring around Paul Pierce.
    I saw something about Rondo's availability on Twitter, and then I saw this post sort of buried in the Milsap/Wells/PF-centric thread, and I thought this was deserving of its own.

Everyone keeps hammering home the Pacers "need a power forward" thing, but I still believe that we need a point guard more than any other position. Rondo is an elite talent, at the most important position.

What should the Pacers offer to try to get him? Whatever. It. Takes.

The defense would instantly become one of the best in the league with a Rondo/Hill/George back court. That'd be fun to watch. Dribble penetration has been a HUGE problem for years. With those 3 defending the perimeter, it would be a complete non-factor.

Is Granger, Collison, and a 1st round pick enough? Probably not even close, but we'd be silly not to put a feeler out there. Granger, Hibbert, and a 1st might get it done, but that'd be giving up a lot for 1 player. I'd still consider it though. I doubt that either of those deals are what Boston has in mind, but it would make sense for Bird to call up his old team and find out what they're looking for.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Rajon Rondo available?

I still think Rondo is ridiculously overrated.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We should just draft Kendall Marshall next year in the draft.

Mood

I think the Celtics are well aware in what they have with Rondo. I don't see them letting him go without a fight. They know their core is older than dirt, and won't be around forever. Rondo is the piece they will want to build around once those fogies are gone.

I like the idea of an elite-caliber player on our squad, I just don't see it happening.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    We should just draft Kendall Marshall next year in the draft.
    You probably watch a lot more college basketball than I do, and because of this, usually I'll defer to your knowledge of college prospects.

However, I have seen North Carolina play a few times already this year, and I really have a hard time believing that any guy who is the 4th or 5th best player on his college team is going to be as good as the best player on the Boston Celtics.

I'm a big Rondo fan, I'd disagree he's overated. I think he makes everyone around him better. Sure he's kind of an A hole, but I think that may be part of competitiveness factor.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a hard time calling a guy who played better than our PG's when he only had 1 arm the whole game, overrated.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    What should the Pacers offer to try to get him? Whatever. It. Takes.

The defense would instantly become one of the best in the league with a Rondo/Hill/George back court.
    I feel like the first would make the second impossible.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Why we drafted Williams over Rondo I have no idea... I know many on here were hoping Rondo would be our pick as well. I'd obviously trade Granger + for Rondo but I'm not sure what all Boston would want in return for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    I feel like the first would make the second impossible.
    What do you think it would take? I agree that if we had to give up Hibbert it would have a negative impact on the team defense, but I'm not sure if the addition of Rondo would not still be a net positive with what he would bring on the perimeter.

I really like Rondo but you really need to have some good scorers around him (like the Celtics do) for him to excel. I don't think the Pacers have enough scoring right now and would have less of it if it would take Danny Granger for Rondo and I don't see why the Celtics take on Granger unless they plan on losing Ray Allen.

What do you think it would take? I agree that if we had to give up Hibbert it would have a negative impact on the team defense, but I'm not sure if the addition of Rondo would not still be a net positive with what he would bring on the perimeter.
    It's really hard to say. But I think I saw that the Celtics wanted someone to ease the scoring burden on Pierce and we happen to be a team that doesn't have much outside of one scorer that plays the wrong position. I bet they'd like to have Hibbert though.

Hibbert, Collison and Granger for Rondo, JO and Bradley?

Ugh I just don't know what kind of value a high end PG actually has in the trade market.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Granger would be the key to any Rondo deal, and it doesn't make a ton of sense considering they have Pierce. Unless it became a three team deal.

I want to see another year of Paul George before I pull the trigger on something like that.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

It's really hard to say. But I think I saw that the Celtics wanted someone to ease the scoring burden on Pierce and we happen to be a team that doesn't have much outside of one scorer that plays the wrong position. I bet they'd like to have Hibbert though.

Hibbert, Collison and Granger for Rondo, JO and Bradley?

Ugh I just don't know what kind of value a high end PG actually has in the trade market.
    Blow up half our core for Rondo? Maybe Rondo is overrated.

Granger and a 1st or Granger/Collison (even that I feel like is too much). Thats it. Rondo is not a franchise player. We sure as hell don't give up Granger AND Hibbert.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 11-29-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

You probably watch a lot more college basketball than I do, and because of this, usually I'll defer to your knowledge of college prospects.

However, I have seen North Carolina play a few times already this year, and I really have a hard time believing that any guy who is the 4th or 5th best player on his college team is going to be as good as the best player on the Boston Celtics.
    No, you're right. His best skill won't even transfer to the NBA. He's not going to be able to make those 30-50ft passes down the court like he does now. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    Blow up half our core for Rondo? Maybe Rondo is overrated.

Granger and a 1st. Thats it. Rondo is not a franchise player. We sure as hell don't give up Granger AND Hibbert.
    Just spitballing. Basically what I'm trying to say is that he's pretty much unattainable. They're going to want too much from us to do it.

Just spitballing. Basically what I'm trying to say is that he's pretty much unattainable. They're going to want too much from us to do it.
    If they expect to get much more than that for Rondo, someone is gonna get fleeced. It wont be the Pacers.

Rondo has been fortunate to be surrounded by a lot of talent, take it away and he will diminish. He's good, really good, but he's not that good.

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    If they expect to get much more than that for Rondo, someone is gonna get fleeced. It wont be the Pacers.

Rondo has been fortunate to be surrounded by a lot of talent, take it away and he will diminish. He's good, really good, but he's not that good.
    Granger and Collison...It's not that the talent exchange wouldn't be right. It's that the players aren't right. Do they want a SF/PF combo or a guard with significant scoring ability to replace Rondo? Or do they want a scoring center?

Would be a lot easier if the Pacers had just drafted him when they had the chance.
    A major mistake by Bird. arrrggghhhhh....
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Marshal is not even close to rondo, on defense he does not compare, and he is no where near as close to as quick as rondo, the only comparison is their passing ability and seeing the floor.
    Why so SERIOUS

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Would be a lot easier if the Pacers had just drafted him when they had the chance.
    Bird and over half the NBA GMs.

HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar

Rondo is a great passer, ball handler, and defender. But don't forget that he can't hit the ocean from the pier when shooting. He's not perfect. He's a really nice piece for a stacked team like the Celtics, but he just isn't a guy that can carry a team by himself in my opinion.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glazedham42 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Danny and 1st for Rondo? and please let's stop with the "are you serious thinking about trading Danny?" nobody should be untouchable on this 1st round playoffs exit team.

Mood

I just think it would take Granger and Paul George to get Rondo and I dont want to do that. Kendall is no where near Rondo IMO Rondo is a great athlete Kendall is not. but if we need a true pg he is gonna be that. He is a decent defender he plays the passing lanes really well. But he does have Rondo's vision. He hasnt shot the ball well this year and if he is gonna be a good pg in the NBA he has to be able to knock the 3 down. He shot well last year but this year he is off to a poor start.

my best comparison for Kendall would be Mark Jackson they are very similar in a lot of ways.

If we are gonna draft a pg he would be the only pg I would want from this class Unless Teague can play smarter. Teague will be a good pro but the kid has to learn how to play the game better he should stay at UK for another year like Rondo did. It would be a mistake for him to come out IMO he needs more seasoning.

I would proablly take a big this year in the draft there are quite a few I like a lot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    He was never going to play for the "the clown"