Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65

Thread: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

  1. #1
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    I really didn't expect that, too be honest.

    A third of a year without a minder? Nothing but positive public statements? Seems to be working on his game?

    Color me surprised.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,455

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Lance was cleared of any wrong doing from the stairs incident. He is a good kid that the media made to look bad

  4. #3

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Another person that handled the lockout in a smart manner: Lebron James.

    I may not like the guy, but he steared clear of making any stupid comments that people could use. In fact, I don't really think I heard anything about Lebron regarding the lockout. All the negative heat he was getting by the end of the season was an after thought this summer.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    I was always one to believe it was nothing more than a maturity issue.

    I know he's still very young (21?) and there's always plenty of time to screw up. But (most) of the guys on the Pacers are excellent people to look up to (That excludes you, Brandon Rush). I think they had positive influences on him.

    I've never thought he was a bad kid. I hope he's realized that he's in an excellent situation, and hopefully he's done that. Let's hope that when he gets back in the gym with Coach Vogel and the rest of the guys, he continues to work on his game, specifically his defense.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,880

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    I'm cautiously optimistic about the kid, and we all know that I didn't have high hopes about him. Hopefully he proves me way wrong, but it does seem he has possibly learned his lessons. Which is really all I was asking for. Hopefully he keeps improving and I can continue to enjoy this delicious crow.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Nice I guess, but not enough. Show me he's not pissing off half the locker room this winter and I'll start to feel differently.

  11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  12. #7

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Baby steps, one day at a time.

    I'm glad he's had a relatively quiet offseason. I'm rooting for him, and I hope he's able to handle a few bumps in the road.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,817
    Mood

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Just another Thug!

  15. #9
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Not only did he have a quiet off-season, but when he and his family hung out with us Area 55 folks a couple weeks ago, he looked to be in fairly decent shape. we stupidly offered him burgers and hot dogs and he would have none of it. He had maybe A bite of cake. That's it.

    I feared he'd pull a Penny Hardaway and come back from the lockout being a Quarter.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,030

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really didn't expect that, too be honest.

    A third of a year without a minder? Nothing but positive public statements? Seems to be working on his game?

    Color me surprised.
    Like I always tell the guys... The Jinx is always out there... waiting... Just waiting for someone to tempt him.

    Let's hope you didn't just tempt the Jinx!
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  19. #11

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Seriously, this lockout was a PR disaster waiting to happen for every team and the worst thing we had was George Hill complaining about some indoor sporting center on Twitter. I'll take that.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,817
    Mood

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Quote Originally Posted by ndcoltsnpacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously, this lockout was a PR disaster waiting to happen for every team and the worst thing we had was George Hill complaining about some indoor sporting center on Twitter. I'll take that.
    Check Again!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  23. #13

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Check Again!
    I actually hadn't seen that yet, but I'd put that on about the same level as the GH3 stuff. Twitter drama isn't so bad.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,816

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    This is a lot worse than Hill complaining about the soccer place. there are general NBA forums with over 6 page threads making fun of him. Lucky for us fans G. Hill is far more important to the Pacers. Let Rush screw another franchise's fans out of his NBA paycheck since that is all he cares about.

  26. #15
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Proud of a guy doing what he is supposed to? No, just glad he didnt do anything stupid. This is what I expect of Lance and all of our players. I'm not gonna be proud of someone for being a decent person like the rest of us.

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  28. #16
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,312

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Check Again!
    Twitter issues are a whole lot better than what it could have been for any team. None of our guys showed up in police blotters. I can live with that.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  29. #17
    "I'm your huckleberry"
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    681

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Thumbs down Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Way to do what you're supposed to do...mass amounts of kudos for not being an idiot! Lance appreciation night February 30 at the Fieldhouse--be there!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

  30. #18
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,126

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    I wish someone in my personal life would acknowledge and be proud of the fact that I haven't been as big of a dumbass as I normally am the past six months.

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  32. #19
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,081
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just another Thug!
    You are sounding all to familiar my friend. I would tone it down, it is getting rather obvious.

  33. #20
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,765

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just another Thug!
    Sigh..

  34. #21
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,921
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    I think that YouTube rap "I had to take her down like Chris Brown," could have spun out into something bigger if it hadn't been pulled so fast. But yeah, other than that he's done well. And, similar to what Hicks said, give me several months of drama-free time on the court and in the locker room and I'll be impressed (instead of just relieved)!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  35. #22
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really didn't expect that, too be honest.

    A third of a year without a minder? Nothing but positive public statements? Seems to be working on his game?

    Color me surprised.
    Much appreciated

    I did , however, knock on wood 3 times
    Sittin on top of the world!

  36. #23
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice I guess, but not enough. Show me he's not pissing off half the locker room this winter and I'll start to feel differently.
    I agree with one exception

    If he is getting on players and he is RIGHT, and they dont like it because he was a tookie, then I hope that continues. If it was because he was arrogant or something similar, then no
    Sittin on top of the world!

  37. #24
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just another Thug!
    Joking or serious?

    Also what is the defention of Thug?
    Sittin on top of the world!

  38. #25
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Proud of Lance for keeping his nose clean

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Proud of a guy doing what he is supposed to? No, just glad he didnt do anything stupid. This is what I expect of Lance and all of our players. I'm not gonna be proud of someone for being a decent person like the rest of us.
    I understand your point, and in a perfect world you are correct

    However, we dont live in a perfect world. Its not about congradulating him on something he should do regardless, its about acknowledging Lance has not fallen pray to past indescretions, and has made what appears to be obvious changes in his personal life, which I am happy that this was acknowledgede in a thread

    Lord knows there was thousands of posts when we thought he would be convicted, and all the nasty things said, must give props now he is doing the right thing
    Sittin on top of the world!

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Lance Stephenson Showing Signs Of Progress This Summer
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 01:43 PM
  2. My Lance Stephenson thread..
    By O'Braindead in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 11:55 AM
  3. Pacers statement regarding Lance Stephenson
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 07:51 PM
  4. wade ,rose, mayo, lance?
    By Pacers2012 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •