Thread: Tinsley's contract

Sports Logo

Default Re: Tinsley's contract

Uh they are negotiating with him right now.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JTshomeboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    Uh they are negotiating with him right now.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Welcome, and calm down...

JT is on his rookie contract, of course he's a bargain.

As has been widely reported, they are in negotiations. They've got until Sunday. It will happen. Or if it doesn't, it will be because Tinsley wants to test the FA waters next summer.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo

Trust me JTshomeboy no one on here will be more pissed if they dont work someting out with Tinsley. If he ends up leaving as a free agent next year, I will post something that the admins will have to ban me for.

Anyway, as has been pointed out many times in the press, Donnie doesn't let rookies go. Nothing to worry about.
    ---
    Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    Trust me JTshomeboy no one on here will be more pissed if they dont work someting out with Tinsley. If he ends up leaving as a free agent next year, I will post something that the admins will have to ban me for.
    If that happens (he leaves), I think I'll just have to create a sticky thread called "***** About Tinsley Leaving Here" and let people go nuts
    [edit=12=1099066512][/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    In all likelihood, they'll let him test the restricted free agent waters. WIth the CBA one year closer to expiring next year, I think you'll find GM's much more hesitant to give out huge long term contracts, especially to player who average 28 minutes a game and score 8 pts per game. Though those numbers need to (and should) uptick this year, it still doesn't change the fact that the Pacers, given the CBA situation, may be better off letting TInsley see what some other team would offer him. Besides, they could match it if they wanted since he would be a RFA.
    Good one, Nostradamus.......

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Unless they got him on the cheap and expect his numbers to go up this year. In that case they signed him for as cheap as they will ever get him and now have him for two more years.

Maybe, Tins wanted 6 years and didn't want think he could get it after the new CB? Maybe, he didn't want to have the stress of a lock out and having to get a contract the same summer?

This most likely the last time a player will be able to get 6 yrs. If Tins thought the money was enough why not take the security.

On the Pacers' part if they believe in Tins signing him for 6 yrs will be cheaper most likely than trying to sign him two two four year contracts because there is no outside bidding or inflation.

Also if contracts get shorter I think players are going to get higher salaries or percent increases. I could be wrong on that though.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Its expected that the next round of CBA will result in a shorter maximum-length contract. We've been hearing whispers of three or four years, maximum.

DW has a long history of using long contracts to ensure that a small-market team can keep its players/ maintain stability. He's been willing to overpay to get players to sign maximum-length deals.

If he wanted to lock up Tinsley for as long as he can, it did make sense to do the deal right now. Otherwise, btown, you're probably right.
    [edit=72=1099077820][/edit]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I'm fine with locking him up for as long as possible.

Pending the money, of course.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!