Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA top free agents 2011

For those who are interested in what Jazz fans think of this:

Pacers Making Play at Millsap? - Jazz Fanz

6 pages and counting...

Well I don't think Millsap is a great fit next to Roy. Plus Millsap and Tyler can't play together unless the other team goes small. However as a player I like Millsap the best out of all the likely free agents/available PFs via trade. Great value for his production.

Not sure how a trade would work out. I don't think the Pacers have enough assets they are willing to give up to make it worth it to the Jazz.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

6 pages and counting...
    Just reading through the thread, it seems quite a few like the idea of bringing in Darren Collison. In fact, some have even questioned if we'd give him up for Millsap. I guess D.C. is still seen as having a lot of value around the league, although you'd think he was table scraps from reading some of the people around here.

Banned

6 pages and counting...
    Man, reading that blogs makes me realize how much I like PD even if a lot of people disagree with me those guys don't know wtf they are talking about, Granger for Milsap? Are you kidding me?

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Just reading through the thread, it seems quite a few like the idea of bringing in Darren Collison. In fact, some have even questioned if we'd give him up for Millsap. I guess D.C. is still seen as having a lot of value around the league, although you'd think he was table scraps from reading some of the people around here.
    I think Collison became a bit of a scapegoat around here last season, his flaws have been way overblown/exaggerated.

The problem with trading Collison is that it leaves us with a gaping hole at PG. I really don't believe Hill can handle the position full time.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    I think Hill and PG will get more minutes, but yeah there still should be a decent amount of minutes left ~20. I also think the price for Mayo will be way more than what I would want to give for a 2 coming of the bench only playing 20 min, especially with the young group of guards that we current have.

But yes I do like the Reggie Williams guy but I have a feeling that he will end up being a guy coveted by a lot of teams.
    i think lance is the perfect guy to eat up the rest of those minutes. i really don't think that we need to sign another guard.

I would be happy to have Foster back. He is Mr. Smashmouth.

Mood

I really like West if we are going after that starting 4 position. Yes it would be nice to get a younger guy, but we need veteran leadership. If we could somehow land West and manage to get someone like Crawford or Mayo for the two spot I would be happy as all get out. I know right now we are log jammed at the wing spots but if we can add Rush, Jones or even both to get some quality depth would be nice.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Haywoode Workman View Post
    i think lance is the perfect guy to eat up the rest of those minutes. i really don't think that we need to sign another guard.
    Yeah I wrote that a little later, forgot all about Lance at first.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

I like Milsap more than I like West. I understand veteran leadership but I think that will come pretty soon.

Just adding this in, George is a natural leader, he takes charge and plays an intense game, hopefully he will turn into the leader of this team. I am not worried about his play at the point at all. He is more of a scoring PG than distributor, but he has pretty good percentages and is not really that turnover prone. He has been playing the point forever, I think some people will be surprised with what he does this year.

Also Collison is not that bad, he just has some things to work on, building his confidence is probably be the biggest thing.
    Why so SERIOUS

Banned

Chris Mannix top 20:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=nba_t11_a0

The Brazilian bruiser is everything a team could want in a center. He's young, physical and posted numbers that have been consistent (at least 75 games played, around 14 points and eight rebounds per game) over the last three seasons. Nene won't come cheap -- he reportedly is looking for more than $50 million over four years -- but he is a rare, almost All-Star-caliber starting center who can man the middle for a team for the next five years easily.

Which Gasol brother do you think teams want now? Marc's numbers slipped from 2009-10 in the regular season, but he posted 15 points (on 51.1 percent shooting) and 11.2 rebounds during Memphis' playoff run. Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley has put the word out he intends to match any offers for Gasol, who has developed a nice chemistry with recently re-signed power forward Zach Randolph.
    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1f7x2wUOY

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8655

What would it take ($) to get Chandler?

50M for 4 years is about the market rate for a big man who can defend, rebound and score pretty well at a high percentage...and most important complements Hibbert probably more than any other player available. I think Nene complements Hibbert a little better than Milsap. I like Milsap a lot, but I can see Nene immediately making the Pacers better and blending well. That's really hard to put a price tag on...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    50M for 4 years is about the market rate for a big man who can defend, rebound and score pretty well at a high percentage...and most important complements Hibbert probably more than any other player available. I think Nene complements Hibbert a little better than Milsap. I like Milsap a lot, but I can see Nene immediately making the Pacers better and blending well. That's really hard to put a price tag on...
    I think you and I are part of the small minority that thinks Nene could fit in well at the 4. I don't think it's going to matter soon, though. Someone's going to throw big money at him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I think that is a HUGE matter of opinion. I do not believe that the Pacers needs compared against Nene's skill set would support that opinion.

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

Give Nene the money. He will be a Popeye to our Olive Oyl. I love Hibbert, but that guy can resemble a Wavy Wally (those things outside car dealerships) sometimes when trying to back down in the post (my buddy Roy needs to add lower body strength!) Both good passers, Nene has strength to keep people out of paint, while Hibbert has the length. Nene's flexibility to play with Tyler is also great. Much prefer giving Nene the max than signing an older riskier West.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    Give Nene the money. He will be a Popeye to our Olive Oyl. I love Hibbert, but that guy can resemble a Wavy Wally (those things outside car dealerships) sometimes when trying to back down in the post (my buddy Roy needs to add lower body strength!) Both good passers, Nene has strength to keep people out of paint, while Hibbert has the length. Nene's flexibility to play with Tyler is also great. Much prefer giving Nene the max than signing an older riskier West.
    I think you meant to say a Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flaling Tube Man!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    You forgot to mention that this guy's name is AL HARRINGTON!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JBones19 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    Thats the one! Tell me that doesn't remind you of Hibbert when trying get deep post position. I remember being very frustrated by this against the Timberwolves last year, when Hibbert was getting mutilated by Petrovic, cause he couldnt get into a position to use his height advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I think you and I are part of the small minority that thinks Nene could fit in well at the 4. I don't think it's going to matter soon, though. Someone's going to throw big money at him.
    ...and that's too bad. Sometimes people cannot see the forest for the trees. Good luck finding a perfect fit for every position without overpaying somewhere. I think I'm being realistic here. Nene is 6'11" and can play PF against big front lines that would give Tyler problems and C when we face smaller teams that give Roy problems.

He resolves our biggest issue and those guys don't come available often and when they do they are highly sought after.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Trust me, Im playing NBA 2k12 with a Nene/Hibbert frontcourt...its working wonders. Lets pay this man what he wants!

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

We've seen him play a lot more than they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    I think Collison became a bit of a scapegoat around here last season, his flaws have been way overblown/exaggerated.

The problem with trading Collison is that it leaves us with a gaping hole at PG. I really don't believe Hill can handle the position full time.
    Which of his flaws do you think have been overblown?

The contract Nene wants is something the Pacers shouldn't touch with a 10 ft pole.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    The contract Nene wants is something the Pacers shouldn't touch with a 10 ft pole.
    Here's hoping no one gives him what he wants, then.

I think it was Wojo that reported several teams were willing to offer at least $13M per season, which is more than I'd pay for him now and definitely more than I'd pay for him 4 years from now.