Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 ACC/Big Ten Challenge thread: Look out, we've got Nebraska...wait, this is basketball? Crap.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2011 ACC/Big Ten Challenge thread: Look out, we've got Nebraska...wait, this is basketball? Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did not see OSU beating Duke by 20. Good Lord they are scary good. The Big Ten is looking like a dominant conference this year.
    tOSU is scary good. Aaron Craft is the best PG in college basketball. Jared Sullinger is probably the best player in the country. William Buford is a legit NBA wing right now. But the Big Ten is not a dominant conference this season. tOSU is the only Final Four contender in the league.

Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Purdue, all Final Four threats a year ago, have taken a step back.

Top to bottom, it's better than the ACC. But, despite Duke's shallacking last night, the ACC has two legit Final Four contenders.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2011 ACC/Big Ten Challenge thread: Look out, we've got Nebraska...wait, this is basketball? Crap.

I think Wisconsin could make a run at the final four. Jordan Taylor has to start playing a little better though.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Aaron Craft is the best PG in college basketball.
    I read this and immediately scoffed. I thought, "There is no way that can be right." Well, with the exception of Kendall Marshall (who is probably better than Craft), I can't think of a single guy that I can definitively say is better.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I read this and immediately scoffed. I thought, "There is no way that can be right." Well, with the exception of Kendall Marshall (who is probably better than Craft), I can't think of a single guy that I can definitively say is better.
    Kendall Marshall is probably a better offensive player, though I think it's close.

There has not been a point guard defender anywhere close to Craft since Rajon Rondo.

-Lance Stephenson

I honestly don't understand the Marshall love. He's a great open court passer, but that's about the only thing he does at a high level.

Sad state of affairs NCAA point guards are at this point. I have another name to toss into the mix: Jordan Taylor.

Sad state of affairs NCAA point guards are at this point. I have another name to toss into the mix: Jordan Taylor.
    I love Jordan Taylor.

But I would take Aaron Craft over him. Jordan Taylor will get the 1st team all Big Ten votes because his numbers will be better, but Craft's a better player in my opinion.

-Lance Stephenson

I love Jordan Taylor.

But I would take Aaron Craft over him. Jordan Taylor will get the 1st team all Big Ten votes because his numbers will be better, but Craft's a better player in my opinion.
    What do you think of their pro prospects? Craft and Taylor? Second rounders?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Purdue Athletics asked what we thought of the grey uni's on Facebook. General consensus is they suck, which they do. Hope they get retired.
    Purdue has changed their official colors to dryer lint and urine.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

What do you think of their pro prospects? Craft and Taylor? Second rounders?
    I think Craft will stay in college at least one and likely two more years. But I would not hesitate to use a mid-first round pick on him. He's got good NBA point size. He's a decent shooter. He's a good passer with solid court vision. His basketball IQ is extremely high. You could say that about a lot of players though. What sets him apart is his extraordinary lateral quickness. He can keep NBA point guards in front of him and that is a skill which should not be taken lightly. He'll be in the upper echelon of point defenders whenever he enters the league. He's hard nosed and a major competitor.

A legit sized NBA point who is a good passer, sees the floor, is one of, if not the, smartest players on the floor at all times, and is defensively capable of dictating where the offensive player goes with the ball is the ideal player to lead your team.

Yikes. I think I just described the anti-Collison.

Projecting Jordan Taylor is tougher in my opinion. He relies so much on scoring and it's hard for me to see a lot of that translating. I think he'll be an average backup in the league. He actually reminds me a lot of AJ Price. I think he's a second rounder.

I was entirely unimpressed with Kendall Marshall last night. I'm sure it was just a bad game and I'll watch him a few more times as the season goes along but I'd take Craft over him without hesitation at this point.
    Last edited by BRushWithDeath; 12-01-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Although that could just be my blind hatred of all things North Carolina right GRH?

-Lance Stephenson

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Well, that was easy.

I was entirely unimpressed with Kendall Marshall last night. I'm sure it was just a bad game and I'll watch him a few more times as the season goes along but I'd take Craft over him without hesitation at this point.
    Like I said, I don't understand the Marshall love. He's a great fit for that UNC team, and the style they want to play, but he's not a good PG.

He's slow and unathletic.
    He's a horrible shooter.
    Not a good defender.
    He doesn't run an offense, at all.

He makes great open court passes and that's about it. No way he makes those 40ft passes in the NBA. He'll be picked off, and dunked on more times than he can count.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Like I said, I don't understand the Marshall love. He's a great fit for that UNC team, and the style they want to play, but he's not a good PG.

He's slow and unathletic.
    He's a horrible shooter.
    Not a good defender.
    He doesn't run an offense, at all.

He makes great open court passes and that's about it. No way he makes those 40ft passes in the NBA. He'll be picked off, and dunked on more times than he can count.
    Ya he will be a backup in the NBA if that. I was starting to get impressed with him but he just doesnt have the skill for the NBA imo. Really good college floor general but lacks just about everything for the nba.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Craft will stay in college at least one and likely two more years. But I would not hesitate to use a mid-first round pick on him. He's got good NBA point size. He's a decent shooter. He's a good passer with solid court vision. His basketball IQ is extremely high. You could say that about a lot of players though. What sets him apart is his extraordinary lateral quickness. He can keep NBA point guards in front of him and that is a skill which should not be taken lightly. He'll be in the upper echelon of point defenders whenever he enters the league. He's hard nosed and a major competitor.

A legit sized NBA point who is a good passer, sees the floor, is one of, if not the, smartest players on the floor at all times, and is defensively capable of dictating where the offensive player goes with the ball is the ideal player to lead your team.

Yikes. I think I just described the anti-Collison.

Projecting Jordan Taylor is tougher in my opinion. He relies so much on scoring and it's hard for me to see a lot of that translating. I think he'll be an average backup in the league. He actually reminds me a lot of AJ Price. I think he's a second rounder.

Jordan Taylor isnt an NBA player IMO(he may play a year or so I just dont see him as an NBA player he should be great in Euro though.

I think Craft will be a good backup in the NBA
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-01-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post

I call Big Ten...8-4!

A clear statement from the Big Ten this year.