Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 ACC/Big Ten Challenge thread: Look out, we've got Nebraska...wait, this is basketball? Crap.

Default Re: 2011 ACC/Big Ten Challenge thread: Look out, we've got Nebraska...wait, this is basketball? Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kenpom's formula really loves IU he has us a top 20 team in the country right now. So I take everything from him with a grain of salt.
    22, and Purdue 13th. So the man is clearly very smart.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2011 ACC/Big Ten Challenge thread: Look out, we've got Nebraska...wait, this is basketball? Crap.

I don't know why, but I love the B1G/ACC challenge. Indiana almost never wins these games, but it's fun to watch. I hope the B1G makes it a three peat, and the more I look at the matchups the more I think they will.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hardaway needs to start games a little better.

Thank god we have trey burke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Hardaway needs to start games a little better.

Thank god we have trey burke.
    The B1G is counting on you guys winning that game. Don't crap the bed. I know Beilein teams tend to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    The B1G is counting on you guys winning that game. Don't crap the bed. I know Beilein teams tend to do that.
    Speaking of....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Too late.

He put too many guys in positions they had absolutely no business being in.

Virgina is a crappy team. One really good player, but a really crappy team. So what does he do? He puts the 6'4" small forward on their all-conference power forward.

I love Beilein, but he has 1 game a year where it's like he's trying to lose the game. That just happened to be tonight.

Really annoying, because they shouldn't be within 10 points of us, even at home.

And the next time Stu Douglass takes more shots off the dribble than Tim Hardaway, he scholarship should be revoked.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-29-2011 at 08:44 PM.

I think the Wolverines are overrated. Beilein teams live and die on the three point shot. You might catch fire at the right time and make a tourney run, but you also run the risk of crapping the bed against teams you should beat.

Illinois isn't inspiring a great deal of hope against a garbage Maryland team, either.

probably the laziest possible assessment of Michigan. They do not live and die at the 3 point line anymore. They're a defensive team first.

I hate to say it, but different year same Michigan.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Purdue needs to wake up too

probably the laziest possible assessment of Michigan. They do not live and die at the 3 point line anymore. They're a defensive team first.
    Beilein's teams have always been defensive first. Offensively, they live and die at the three point line. It may be a lazy assessment, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Purdue needs to wake up too
    Nah, they can stay asleep. Even in the Challenge I won't root for them or their nasty grey uniforms. Those are hideous. Just when you think Purdue couldn't make their color scheme any uglier, they bust out these bad boys.

Beilein's teams have always been defensive first. Offensively, they live and die at the three point line. It may be a lazy assessment, but it's true.
    No, they live and die offensively with Tim Hardaway and Try burke, both of whom play off the dribble.

No, they live and die offensively with Tim Hardaway and Try burke.
    Right, right, right. And three point shots. Why do you think Beilein recruits so many shooters? It's his system. It's the one he used at West Virginia, and it's the one he's used at Michigan. That type of play leads to inconsistency, which is what we continually see out of Michigan.

including 3 point shooters as a function of your offense does not mean you "live and die" with them.

I'm also not necessarily seeing inconsistency. So long as you play good defense, you play consistent basketball.

including 3 point shooters as a function of your offense does not mean you "live and die" with them.

I'm also not necessarily seeing inconsistency. So long as you play good defense, you play consistent basketball.
    Whoa, really? I thought you only thought three pointers if you based your entire offense around it. My mind is blown. Thanks for the education Detroit.

To me, Michigan has been inconsistent the past few seasons. Maybe that's not the case, but that's sure what it seems like. Since I don't really give a **** about the Wolverines, I'll just agree to disagree.

Purdue Athletics asked what we thought of the grey uni's on Facebook. General consensus is they suck, which they do. Hope they get retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Purdue Athletics asked what we thought of the grey uni's on Facebook. General consensus is they suck, which they do. Hope they get retired.
    They are pretty awful. Apparently grey is in this year...don't understand it. Never liked it when Ohio State did it in the past (and present), don't like it on any other teams. Grey is the new black.

Mood

Anthony Johnson giving Purdue a much needed spark in the 2nd half. Purdue definitely kind of sleepwalking through this one, but it is their sixth game in twelve days.

Iowa is absolutely awful.

well, I'm going to go 5-1 in my day 1 picks. ****ing Beilein.

As the older brother to 3 adopted sisters, I gotta say I find the "You're adopted" chants from the Ohio State students super classy. Oh wait, no I don't...********.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know I am weird but I didn't mind the grey jerseys. Wasn't a great win, but they never REALLY threatened us. That 0 guy was pretty hot shooting the ball, but that was about it.

Ya, AJ has a sweet floater.

That was pretty easily Terone Johnson's best game of the year. Hopefully he's getting healthy from the meniscus surgery and it's a sign of things to come.

I did not see OSU beating Duke by 20. Good Lord they are scary good. The Big Ten is looking like a dominant conference this year.